home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2020 ...  (Read 10509 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2020 ...
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2020, 08:04:17 AM »
Ah, the magic of editing strikes again! :icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #326 on: July 21, 2020, 08:05:05 PM »
So I finished up building some soldiers from my Frostgrave models. So now able to join my Illusionist wizard and Apprentice are 2 Thugs, 2 Thiefs, 2 Archers, 2 Crossbowmen, 2 Infantrymen and 2 Man-at-Arms

Updating Goals for July
SKS ... build one set of a wizard and apprentice & 12 soldiers for Frostgrave, build Primaris Librarian w/daughter, build and paint Foetid Bloat Drone, 5 Intercessors, finish 10 Fire Warriors, finish broadside, Build Death World Forest kit from KT
Borderguy ... finish 8 Empire spearmen, 7 of 14 Dead Man's Hand minis
GP ... finish and base 17 spearmen
Shadespyre ... 11 15mm sci fi figures, more cars for monthly Gaslands vehicle competition,  a not-wargames modelling project

(Bolded are complete.)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Shadespyre

« Reply #327 on: July 23, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
Nice to see other people painting 28mm minis, even some Empire stuff.

Umm. I painted more silly cars though? Remember my Fire Buggy with the flaming skulled driver? This is my Fire Truck!

Obviously this is for STARTING fires, unlike a traditional fire truck! I took an out of scale petrol tanker, a different truck chassis and then threw a cab together using a car interior and scrap. I think eventually I'll add a couple of loonies stood on top of it as it deserves more than one crew. I tried to use similar themes, here the "rib cage" exhaust pipes are for spewing oil (ignited or not) out onto the road. I'm now working on a third vehicle based on an old American Fire Chief's car. Do you think my Fire Chief will be putting OUT fires...?  ::heretic::

Pictures of my high-tech competition car coming soon...

I am actually painting a 28mm fantasy miniature (for D&D not Warhammer use) and I hope to share that and my non-wargames project with you very soon, too.

Offline Shadespyre

« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2020, 03:34:46 PM »
Shiny sports car

I tried using a new sort of paint which is polychromic - it changes colour from green to purple with viewing angle. I think I ended up putting on too many layers and killing the effect a bit, but it's still pretty cool.

« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2020, 07:01:10 AM »
Finished my Foetid Bloat Drone

Updating Goals for July
SKS ... build one set of a wizard and apprentice & 12 soldiers for Frostgrave, build Primaris Librarian w/daughter, build and paint Foetid Bloat Drone, 5 Intercessors, finish 10 Fire Warriors, finish broadside, Build Death World Forest kit from KT
Borderguy ... finish 8 Empire spearmen, 7 of 14 Dead Man's Hand minis
Shadespyre ... 11 15mm sci fi figures, more cars for monthly Gaslands vehicle competition,  a not-wargames modelling project

(Bolded are complete.)

PS: not sure if I needed to bold something for you Shadespyre

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Shadespyre

« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
I dunno, I guess I should actually count the number of cars I paint. Maybe even plan them!?

It's nearly the end of the month. Let's say I am going to have done FOUR Gaslands cars (two of which I've done), my non-wargames mini, and a D&D character, by the end of July.

I will then try to set proper goals for August...

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2020, 12:17:29 AM »
At some point we need a group shot of all those great cars!

Offline Borderguy190

« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2020, 04:19:39 AM »
The "fire" truck is super cool. The shiny car is so shiny. well done on a beautiful glossy paint job!

Just finished my last part of July's goals plus two bonus pieces of terrain.

Offline Shadespyre

« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2020, 10:59:16 PM »
As promised... July round up!

Starting with two more cars, sort of finished...

The Fire Chief

Obviously goes with the Fire Truck and Fire Buggy

Turquoise Chevy Pick-up

Not so happy with this one, I'm going to build a third turquoise Chevy and then tidy them all up at once so the highlighting matches

If you want to see some great Gaslands models, here is the video from the July car competition, including my entry

https://youtu.be/U4FMQUcKMMw

Quite proud of the very generous praise my car gets to be honest :)

Now, a D&D character

A slight conversion to give her pointy elvish ears. I had some issues with colour scheme and got some great advice over on the Reaper forum, which seems to be another very nice community (and not just for Reaper minis, either). This is a model I've made as a surprise for a friend who is playing their first ever D&D game.

And finally, another surprise gift. This is the non-wargames project - a Subbuteo player!

It's a long story, but I decided to try to make an old Subbuteo footballer in the image of my friend, and this is about the best I could do. The head conversion includes green stuff hair so small I can barely see it! It was quite a challenge to work on. She's 20 mm tall which is why I didn't even attempt proper eyes. I hope the head scarf and tatoo serve to identify her to the new owner (it's in the post, I'll let you know!)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2020, 10:24:43 AM »
So l failed again to complete those 17 spearmen and get them based.  They are table top ready with little winnie bits of highlighting that could be done, and they need basing.  But I've become aware that my multiple projects that have been started and finished over time feels like painting ADHD or some such.  There times when I sit down to paint over the last few months that I can't get myself to move forward on certain projects yet the brain shifts to a different one.  So I've been painting, and getting more figures to progress towards being finished, yet not getting any of them completed.  And so I am not complaining, just observing my own pattern, and still having fun with what I am getting accomplished on things like my Marienburg Merchant House/Matroean swordsmen, my Knights of the Aver River, and a smattering of other figures that I've been adding different colors to along the way.

Tally for July Goals
Borderguy ... finish 8 Empire spearmen, 14 Dead Man's Hand minis, two terrain pieces

(Bolded are complete.)

By the way ... I like how Borderguy did the canvas roof on one of those terrain pieces.  Having the coloring of the crossbeams come through looks good, congrats! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
Not setting a painting goal for this month.  I will be painting, and will see what happens along the way.

Start of Goals for August ...

« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2020, 10:54:49 AM »
I did more work on the Intercessors but no where near done, would need atleast 2 more evenings I guess. So nothing else finished on my list

As this month is my holiday month (well 2 weeks of it) I will set a lower goal

- Finish the Intercessors
- Finish the Fire Warriors
- Finish the Captain in Gravis Armour

Possibles to add:
- Finish 2nd Intercessors squad
- Build more Frostgrave soldiers

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »
Start of Goals for August ...
SKS ... Finish the Intercessors, Finish the Fire Warriors, Finish the Captain in Gravis Armour, possibly Finish 2nd Intercessors squad, Build more Frostgrave soldiers

(Completed are bolded)

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2020, 01:40:45 PM »
The "fire" truck is super cool. The shiny car is so shiny. well done on a beautiful glossy paint job!

Just finished my last part of July's goals plus two bonus pieces of terrain.

Really diggin those westerners. I canít see a purpose for them in my world but Iím trying to come up with one😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline JAK

« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
Is it really over 3 months since Iíve done any modelling? Have survived the worst (hopefully) of lockdown and itís time to return to work on the Apatoa Pahure Pioneer Corps again. I initially planned to make 12 units or vehicles. Iíd finished 4 and had begun to sort out parts for the remaining 8 but some kind person has tidied my work space up in the intervening period and jumbled things up. Iíve restarted the sort out from the bits boxes and now have a possible pile for 10 items to build.

Target for this month is to build one item be it unit or vehicle. Donít think there will be any painting yet.

« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2020, 11:19:09 PM »
my pictures from July
https://wargamingbysks.wordpress.com/2020/08/02/update-end-of-july-20/

Build Benthe's Primaris Librarian

Build Deathworld Forest from the Killteam Killzone

Build and Painted (battle-ready) my second Foetid Bloat Drone

My Wizard and his Apprentice (Illusionists)

And some of the Soldiers
2 Thugs, 2 Thiefís, 2 Archers

2 Crossbowmen, 2 Infantrymen and 2 Man-at-Arms
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:27:10 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline Borderguy190

« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2020, 07:23:25 AM »
Thats a lot of progress!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #342 on: Today at 02:43:13 AM »
All those cars are awesome. Tempting me to check out the game just as an excuse to do some cars...

I am not setting goals for August again. Too many uncertainties, and my morale is deteriorating. I'm sure I'll keep painting stuff, but not going to tie myself down to any plans.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #343 on: Today at 03:31:54 PM »
The cars really are cool.

I've missed a few entries but I'll throw myself back in the game. My goal for August is to finish building the Indomitus Box and paint one lord of contagion.