home

Author Topic: Plastic legs?  (Read 314 times)

Offline orcyboy

Plastic legs?
« on: March 26, 2020, 06:15:40 PM »
I'm finishing putting together my Forgotten Worlds infantry and cavalry and  I'll have plenty of torsos left over to make another unit of infantry if only I had legs for them.

Before I go for the Smooth-On option does anybody know of any kits Warhammer or otherwise that come with more legs then torsos?

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
Re: Plastic legs?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:59:54 PM »
No, I don't know of such. Because I thought about it and searched for those legs quite hard indeed.

My solution was to buy Chaos Marauder legs, because their size fits quite well. I was ready to get them from eBay, but miraculously, someone just wanted the torsos, and so we could share a box, and so the legs didn't cost me too much.

Somebody could make a decent sum of money producing just sprues of legs and chests. There are soooo many extra plastic arms and heads in the sprues.

-Z
Forget the 6'x4' game, focus on the story beyond that. Because fantasy matters.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Autumn has arrived! : )
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 02:40:07 PM »
Legs and chests.  And arms oh my! :icon_wink: :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Borderguy190

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »
I bought a lot of used Dark Angles that had nearly a squad worth of torsos, heads, arms and weapons, but no legs. I had my son's bff print me some on his 3d printer. They came out better than expected, and once painted you cant pick them out of the rest of the chaps. Do you have access to a 3d printer? Leg files have got to be out there.

Offline orcyboy

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 06:27:07 AM »
Thanks guys, I think you've confirmed my suspicions that its some-what industry standard to provide more torsos then legs. 

I know there are a few companies selling legs etc like Victoria miniatures and Mad Robot, but they all seem 40k driven. Honestly if I was into 40k these Forgotten World torsos are generic enough to mix with 40k.

While I don't have access to a 3d printer, I have other ways of making it happen.