home

Author Topic: DISNEY STAR WARS  (Read 390 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
Re: DISNEY STAR WARS
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 03:17:59 AM »
So, Kathleen Kennedy has been taken off Star Wars...and they are bringing some old EU stuff back. George Lucas, Dave Filoni (behind Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows) and Jon Favreau (The Mandalorian) are now running Star Wars. And one thing is to have old EU favorites show up. They are also doing damage control and retconning the sequel movies.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:24:22 AM by Feanor Fire Heart »
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Autumn has arrived! : )
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 03:42:45 AM »
Please explain more or send us somewhere where we can read more.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline wissenlander

• The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 01:46:26 PM »
I've heard that rumor but I don't know if it's true. 
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Zak

• Bigfoot Hunter 2020
    • Zachary Moss
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »
whoa would like to see changes take place .. I liked everything from star wars but the 6 movies added to the main story line ( total garbage)
Why don't you knock it off with those negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change .

• His Royal Highness
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2020, 04:04:16 PM »
Honestly I saw it in a recommended youtube video last night. When looking for a credible source today, I am not finding much other than GL has a cut of The Rise of Skywalker where Anakin shows up and Kathleen Kennedy was taken off star wars (though it seems to be more of a "want to work at bad robot productions rather than being forced out). I guess the rumor mill is running but nothing official as far as I can find now.
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

Offline wissenlander

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 04:28:37 PM »
Yeah, I heard it about a month ago and it's just been talk since.  Nothing real credible.  It would be interesting to see, but I have a hard time thinking Disney is going to retcon the Sequel Trilogy.  Maybe ignore it to a certain degree, but pure retcon I don't think so.  Those rumors were way too "perfect" which is why I have a hard time believing it.

not together.

Offline patsy02

• Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 10:48:13 AM »
I stopped caring about SW when I saw the first one of the sequels in 2015. I can't even remember the title, and I'll not look it up.

Anyway, they pulled the same stunt on The Last Of Us 2 as they did on the second sequel. These hacks have the midas touch of shit. It's a bit sad, but now I kind of just enjoy it. All in all I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to stop caring about pop fiction stories.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 05:54:38 PM »
All in all I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to stop caring about pop fiction stories.

Star Wars is like a stick of gum that was sweet and tasty at the early stages but quickly lost flavor when the ewoks turned up. It's been long past time to spit it out.

Offline Zak

• Bigfoot Hunter 2020
    • Zachary Moss
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2020, 12:32:55 AM »
All in all I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to stop caring about pop fiction stories.

Star Wars is like a stick of gum that was sweet and tasty at the early stages but quickly lost flavor when the ewoks turned up. It's been long past time to spit it out.

ewoks hahahaha

I have enjoyed all the spin off shows and the Disney series ( still need to finish it) its fun
Why don't you knock it off with those negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change .

Offline S.O.F

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2020, 01:33:38 AM »

A wise man once said that Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline wissenlander

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2020, 03:36:49 PM »
Ewoks are badass.

not together.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Autumn has arrived! : )
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2020, 04:00:30 PM »
 :icon_lol: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Zak

• Bigfoot Hunter 2020
    • Zachary Moss
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »

A wise man once said that Jar Jar makes the Ewoks look like fucking Shaft

ok you got me there !! me'sa wrong  :icon_rolleyes:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2020, 01:42:39 AM »
Dave Filoni also ran The Mandalorian with Jon Favreau (with Taika Waititi too).

It's in good hands with Dave Filoni running the fluff ship, and Favreau running the overall production.

Star Wars has its moments. The sequel trilogy, though mostly not great, had some good ideas not executed well, but also suffered from no overall vision or oversight. If you announce a Trilogy, you need to know (and stick to) the broad strokes of a GOOD story. If its not good, then go back and make it good. They wanted to cash in quickly on their acquisition, when instead they should have taken their time.

And they needed outside voices to help polish and refine.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline wissenlander

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
So much agree, Warlord.

not together.

Offline Sharkbelly

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2020, 02:10:31 PM »
They wanted to cash in quickly on their acquisition, when instead they should have taken their time.

Yeah, putting $4.05 billion into a new property does make a company want to see return on that...

I am really looking forward to the new stuff coming out, though.

• His Royal Highness
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2020, 12:32:04 AM »
I really need to revisit and finish Rebels at some point.

Offline Sharkbelly

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2020, 03:46:32 AM »
Rebels was awesome. And the ending is SO good!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2020, 11:23:00 AM »
I really need to revisit and finish Rebels at some point.

Same. I was only part way into season 3 before I stopped watching.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.