home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 72108 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #225 on: May 20, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »
It's called a yoke.  Although they usually have a piece that wraps around the neck as well.

If you google, there will be pictures.  And ... "if your build it, they will come."

Updated above for ya. :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #226 on: May 20, 2020, 04:04:28 PM »
Wow☝️
Those spiked skulls are awesome. I think Vlad the Impaler had a garden fashioned with this detail 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #227 on: May 20, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
It's called a yoke.  Although they usually have a piece that wraps around the neck as well.

I've been calling the big long pole (in this several spinal columns) the yoke! When I image googled 'carriage/cart/wagon/coach harness' (I tried all 4) nothing came up that looked anything like a bar over the shoulders! Just loads of leather and chains and stuff!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #228 on: May 20, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »
Of course now I google 'medieval oxen yoke' exactly those bars appear. But I didn't know that was the right term to google - it was a Catch 22 situation. I needed to know the answer to find the images!!!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »
Starting to feel like maybe I can pull this off!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #230 on: May 20, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »
Day 20   -  Wednesday May 25th

Palindrome Day

My wolf rider legs arrived from Lesley's Bits.
Started playing with them and the halfling torsos to fit them on their mounts.
Textured those couple of extra scenic 'fields'.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #231 on: May 20, 2020, 08:39:40 PM »
Updating ...

Tuesday, Day 19

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Gankom, Artoban, GP, Midaski, Padre, Realjuan

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, and Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

And ...

Wednesday, Day 20

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Midaski, Gankom, Artoban, GP, Realjuan

« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:51:52 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #232 on: May 20, 2020, 09:03:27 PM »
So make amends and doing the 2nd day for week 3!

Week 3
May 18th:
-Painted more on my Maglinant Plaguecaster and he is nearly finished, just a bit more metal doing the wash over that and a few details to pick out and the finish off the base.

May 20th:
-Finished painting the Malign Plaguecaster, and started slapping on the first few color on the Lord of Contagion and the Plagueburst Crawler!, though they ain't on my month schedule to do, but I was working on Death Guard and having a bit of spare time, tomorrow I want to focus down on the Broadside

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #233 on: May 20, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »
Update above for ya! :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #234 on: May 20, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
Day 20
Plate mail yesterday and field grey today on miners. Metal and orange on slayers and deamonslayer.
Maybe a bit more later but not sure.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2020, 02:14:27 AM »
Shutting down for the night.  Much work tomorrow.  Got in some fine tuning of red on the 6 Papal Guard spearmen, and then did the red on the shields of the remaining 6 figures of the other unit of spearsmen.  Wanted to do more, yet fading fast.

I'm glad thta I got 20 Hobby Days gone past, and the last 10 days have each included painting. :icon_cool:

Updating ...

Wednesday, Day 20

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Midaski, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Realjuan

For the pending day ...

Thursday, Day 21

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Midaski, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Realjuan

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2020, 12:23:38 PM »
Down to four models :biggriin:

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2020, 09:16:15 PM »
This week I had lots of time, but didn't do as much as I would had wanted. I just painted a little bit while watching a Westworld, or read way more about the new rules/units in Infinity.

Day 19:
Assemble some of the "hero" spaces marines? Those that were sold in Japan, and came in units of one. Really interesting idea, but probably not worth the money.

Day 20:
Found a new Infinity lore youtube channel, was going to paint and watch but end up only watching. I really like that infinity has huge holes in the lore for you to build upon.

Day 21:
Built some Infinity buildings that I had still boxed up. Try making a table for a game, but I still need to get more buildings.

This weekend I will be missing, because I wont be home.

22, 23, 24 will be misses for me.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2020, 10:01:32 PM »
Hi Realjuan ... glad your still with us!  I amended the last update listing Day 19 for ya.  And thanks for the heads up on the weekend :::cheers:::

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Today I took half the afternoon off and started messing around with more organization in the hobby room, including unloading a moving box of mostly 40K Orks , a few Space Marines, and Tau figures and moving them into my storage room out the back door of my kitchen.  I also messed with camera positioning for Zoom games, and ended up going with it on a higher perch by about 6 inches to give a slightly better perspective, but it was quite the process to move various pieces of small furniture and stack on top of each other to find out what worked best. 

And I glued a tail on a horse, and can't find the other one that needs gluing.

Plus I dunked 6 sets of two Bret archers that were first introduced by GW back in 1996.  I got 26 pairs of them at 50 cents a piece on a flea market table one time, and going to do up a couple sets of six to use as Bidower units for Rampant gaming.

Expect to make some figures and paint some figures this evening.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 10:19:19 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2020, 10:17:33 PM »
Updating ...

Wednesday, Day 20

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Padre, Midaski, Artoban, GP, Realjuan, Gankom

Today ...

Thursday, Day 21

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Realjuan, GP, Padre, Midaski, Artoban, Gankom

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 10:48:19 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »
Day 20 - Based some civilians & dug out more, which were already primed. Added basing to some. Started painting a Reaper swine.

Day 21 - Based a couple of animals, put some paint on a couple of the civilians. More paint removal from the Warzone minis.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2020, 10:47:42 AM »
Amended Wednesday above for ya Zyg. :::cheers:::

- - - - - -

Got in making 6 WotRs 28mm Perry archers yesterday, and finished black washing the 17 spearmen's armor.  Already glued 3 billmen this morning, more to next. Maybe even some painting this morning, although have a painting session set for tonight wiht some local  guys on Zoom.

Updating!

Yesterday ...

Thursday, Day 21

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Realjuan, GP, Padre, Midaski, Artoban, Gankom

Today ...

Friday, Day 21

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Padre, Midaski, Artoban, Gankom

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:11:15 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2020, 01:00:56 PM »
Army standard is 50% painted
Spawn still needs a few more things added to it to make it look like a shapeless mass
Gor champion: undercoated
Gor musician: Needs to be modified

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2020, 05:40:43 PM »
And I made ure I got my weekly goal!

Week 3
May 18th:
-Painted more on my Maglinant Plaguecaster and he is nearly finished, just a bit more metal doing the wash over that and a few details to pick out and the finish off the base.
May 20th:
-Finished painting the Malign Plaguecaster, and started slapping on the first few color on the Lord of Contagion and the Plagueburst Crawler!, though they ain't on my month schedule to do, but I was working on Death Guard and having a bit of spare time, tomorrow I want to focus down on the Broadside
May 21st:
-Painted more on the Broadside like I said I would and when I had to wait for paint to dry I grabbed the last Inceptor to put on the first layer of green, not the most enjoyng painting to do big tim elayering but it has to be done to get to the better parts.

Not sure if I manage to do anything this evening as I have a big lower back pain..
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 12:25:05 AM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2020, 10:34:28 PM »
Nothing to report for day 21. Until I thought hard about stretching this hobby point. Made a deal with GP for a warcry game so that counts right? Right?!
Also yesterday was my birthday but I’m not the type to bring it up ever. Ever. No not me. I won’t mention it. Don’t really celebrate them so no need to bring them up right? Right?!

😺

Also for day 22 - added beards and faces to miners, slayers, and 2 unforged. Will try for some later as well.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2020, 11:32:27 PM »
Happy Birthday. I know you don't care less about me saying so. But hey! Have a good one.

Meanwhile, I thought 9 skeletons would make a big pile of corpses. It really doesn't. Gonna need more!

WIP:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2020, 11:52:37 PM »
Thanks for the non birthday greeting 😺
That pile of bones is very creepy indeed
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #247 on: May 23, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »
Woooo Happy Birthday Artoban!!! I Really need to check this thread more if I'm going to miss incredibly important events like that!

I'm also falling behind on my updating!

Day 20- Had a skirmish game, dwarves vs undead. A resounding victory for the dawi! They only suffered 98% casualties, but victory none the less!

Day 21- Spend a good portion of the afternoon going over my brothers 40k collection. He's moving and 'giving' it to be, so we spent some time together tallying everything up, making an inventory/army list, and just generally having fun.

Day 22- Had an online RPG session! Some friends and I are starting a campaign of The One Ring rpg. Sadly half of the fellowship didn't show up, so we spent the time going over the ground rules, discussion how we wanted to do the campaign, and nerding out for lord of the rings.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #248 on: May 23, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
Happy Birthday. I know you don't care less about me saying so. But hey! Have a good one.

Meanwhile, I thought 9 skeletons would make a big pile of corpses. It really doesn't. Gonna need more!

WIP:

Well considering it carefully there would be the 'just bones' bodies at the bottom of the pile, and as you rise up through the 'mountain' surely more recently deceased corpses sort of zombie like, or just gruesomely wounded bodies.  :icon_question:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #249 on: May 23, 2020, 10:31:55 AM »
I think that's too much work. Pure bones are easier. I have worked out another, quicker way. I will do a layer of already piled bones, slapped together and less carefully (thus quicker) painted. Then I'll lay these, when they're finished, on top.