home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 72361 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #300 on: May 27, 2020, 01:13:57 AM »
Looking for 25 mmm rounds For AoS. Yes, those cursed rounds 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #301 on: May 27, 2020, 02:37:42 AM »
Ah, well I just ordered 100, they are not plastic though, they are "fancy" wood. I can part with some, not needing all of them now, I could send along 50? My source is in New England, can quickly replace what I send your way, and got the ones I have in 3 to 5 days.  So if you need more, I can either point you in the direction or get them for you.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #302 on: May 27, 2020, 06:51:57 AM »
Depending on your faction and characters you also need 32mm & 50mm bases...
Goblin heroes are on a 32mm base?
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #303 on: May 27, 2020, 09:34:23 AM »
See the UK is so much better.
I ordered 500 x 20mm square and they were through in 4 days.  :biggriin:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #304 on: May 27, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »
Looks like Mids has some basing to do.  Maybe he'll even get around to painting some. :icon_wink: :engel:

In the meantime ... GP did up another 6 arquebusiers this morning, these will be French, and last night's 6 will be Burgundian.  Go in some touch up painting last night on the 17 spearmen, yellow, red, gray ... not exciting stuff, yet helps pretty up the figures a bit.  Getting ready to use Boltgun on the chainmail and maybe helmets too, and then wash them, and then do highlights.

Updating ...

Monday, Day 25

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Mids, Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, GP, Gankom, Realjuan

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Yesterday ...

Tuesday, Day 26

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Mids, Artoban, GP, Padre, Rowsdower,, Gankom, Realjuan

Today ...

Wednesday, Day 27

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Mids, Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, Gankom, Realjuan

« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:12:25 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #305 on: May 27, 2020, 10:43:46 AM »
Depending on your faction and characters you also need 32mm & 50mm bases...
Goblin heroes are on a 32mm base?

Yes. Hero’s on 32 mm. These are for the dwarf warriors and gobbo shootas.

See the UK is so much better.
I ordered 500 x 20mm square and they were through in 4 days.  :biggriin:

I believe that’s called ‘rubbing salt in the wound’
😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #306 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:36 AM »
Bold me up for Tuesday GP, please, because that's when I finished the corpse wagon! I googled and painted the image for a Nagash banner!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #307 on: May 27, 2020, 11:12:57 AM »
Got it! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #308 on: May 27, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »
Plague beast spawn: 70% complete
After 12 years, the army is nearly ready

Howling Griffons: Very slow at the moment. Painting yellow without ceramite white is difficult.

On a frustrating note, I knocked over the box I kept my FB chaos undivided army in and launched them all over the floor in the process. Fortunately only two models were damaged out of the lot. Nothing a little glue wont fix.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #309 on: May 27, 2020, 06:53:21 PM »
Wednesday (today) very quickly painted two recently murdered fellows I need for the story after the next! (I like to plan ahead, and to paint when I can't get my act together with the writing!)

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #310 on: May 27, 2020, 09:02:36 PM »
My brain hurts!
Tired and sore but still added plate mail, skin, cloth, and wood colours to the Boingrots. Not fancy enough for a pic yet 😺

That may be a wrap for day 27.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #311 on: May 27, 2020, 11:05:50 PM »
Wednesday (today) very quickly painted two recently murdered fellows I need for the story after the next! (I like to plan ahead, and to paint when I can't get my act together with the writing!)

Somehow with the aches and pains today, these guys look lucky 😺
Nice job on them
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #312 on: May 28, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »
Went ahead and finished the Boingrots as much as I can. Those shadow warriors are now laughing in the shadows
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #313 on: May 28, 2020, 05:43:31 AM »
Week 4:
Friday 22th:
I finally finished my undead warband for Warcry, including basing. Some pictures will follow.

Saturday 23th:
I worked some more on my Steel Legion, removing flash, basing them,... Still lots to finish before I can prime them.
I also worked out how to make my squads and how many I'm able to field.

Wednesday 27th:
I (re-)started painting on a Freebooter fairy which is sitting on my desk for 10 years I think. Time to finish the little lady.
The skin is mostly done, as well as the basecolor for the clothing & wings.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #314 on: May 28, 2020, 10:51:07 AM »

How very discreet & controlled murders! Bet there are the owners initials or heraldry on the sword hilt. :lol:

Quote from: GamesPoet
Go in some touch up painting last night on the 17 spearmen, yellow, red, gray ... not exciting stuff, yet helps pretty up the figures a bit.  Getting ready to use Boltgun on the chainmail and maybe helmets too, and then wash them, and then do highlights.

This sounds sooo very familiar: working on a bunch of models, bit by bit, and they never seem to get done. Until the last day, there are suddenly so many cool & fine models ready. :)

Days 26 & 27 - Nothing. Crazy hectic days, but got work done & cooked good food & kept the kids in order. :)

Day 28 - Warzone minis: some armature work for the conversions, and final paint removal. Oh, and one squirrel! :D

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #315 on: May 28, 2020, 11:09:02 AM »
I see dead bodies showing up in this thread.  Just when ya thought it was safe to not watch world news, they show up here anyway. :icon_wink:

Wednesday was the first hot and humid day of the year here.  Got out the air conditioner to install, and it tumbled out the window to the pavement below.  Spent too much time dealing with getting a new one and getting it installed.  I never enjoy when a project seems to become Federal.  Anyway ... without that up and running, hobbying would get more difficult.

Glad I got the 6 arquebusiers in yesterday morning.  Ended painting brown on 12 spearmen's pants, kept leaving that, and finally got around to it.

Updating ...

Tuesday, Day 26

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Mids, Artoban, GP, Padre, Rowsdower,, Gankom, Realjuan

Wednesday, Day 27

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Rowsdower, Artoban, Padre, Mids, Gankom, Realjuan

It's a new day! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool:

Thursday, Day 28

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Mids, Artoban, Padre, GP, Gankom, Realjuan

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:00:36 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #316 on: May 28, 2020, 11:19:43 AM »
That are conditioning story sounds horrible because damn-was it hot.
Never heard the expression of something becoming Federal. I like it. ☝️
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2020, 11:32:33 AM »
Plauge beast should be finished by tomorrow.
I'd upload a photo but I'm too much of a luddite

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2020, 12:05:25 PM »
Updated above. :::cheers:::

That are conditioning story sounds horrible because damn-was it hot.
Never heard the expression of something becoming Federal. I like it. ☝️
When I was a youngster having to get a task accomplished, my father would sometimes say, "What are you doing, making a Federal project out of that?"  I'm sure he got it from my grandfather.

At the time I didn't get the meaning, probably looked at him like a deer in headlights, but one time he gave an explanation. Of course I appreciate it more these days. :icon_lol:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:08:44 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »
Day 27   - Wednesday May 27th
Cleared the painting table, laid down some newspaper and loaded up a half inch brush with a sandy earth basecoat for my fields - and splashed it all over.
Drilled some holes in my rider legs and in the mounts to test run fitting.

Day 28    -  Thursday  May 28th

It's pushing 2pm here and I have already wielded the paintbrush AGAIN.
Further base coats on my fields, and first base coats on 3 thatched roofs on some buildings I have had partially built and painted for yonks.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2020, 11:33:30 PM »
Day 28 - minimal - put together goblin starter set t-pee and based little bits that come with it. Very little in the big scheme of things.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2020, 01:33:13 AM »
Day 25 and 26 was spent reorganizing model boxes and repacking things so that units and armies were together. Easy to pull out for future use!

Day 27 & 28 I had myself a small skirmish game. Dwarf adventurers venturing into the depths of the earth to look for threats facing the Hold. They've discovered a growing horde of creatures controlled by sentient ish fungus, and now they need to marshal to clean it out!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2020, 06:22:41 AM »
So the 3rd day is a bit of a cheat in my book, but I guess it counts as it's hobby involvment.. And I planned to do some stuff Thursdayevening also but my mind was totally not up to it.

Week 3
May 18th:
-Painted more on my Maglinant Plaguecaster and he is nearly finished, just a bit more metal doing the wash over that and a few details to pick out and the finish off the base.
May 20th:
-Finished painting the Malign Plaguecaster, and started slapping on the first few color on the Lord of Contagion and the Plagueburst Crawler!, though they ain't on my month schedule to do, but I was working on Death Guard and having a bit of spare time, tomorrow I want to focus down on the Broadside
May 21st:
-Painted more on the Broadside like I said I would and when I had to wait for paint to dry I grabbed the last Inceptor to put on the first layer of green, not the most enjoyng painting to do big time layering but it has to be done to get to the better parts.

Week 4
May 24th:
-Painted more on my Broadside; got a lot of work done on my Lord of Contagion
May 25th:
-Slapped a bit of paint on the plagueburst crawler, its now black and green (and primer white)
May 26th:
-Picked up some T'au scenery models some local crew has printed for me and had a nice 1 hour chat about the hobby with the dude where I picked it up. (Link here for anyone interested. Pictures of the stuff will be in my blog in a few days. Got the bunker, Weapons Turret (that did not go fully on how it should be) and Battlefield Structure / Objective Marker
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:56 AM »
Thursday - wrote the first draft of the (long) end of season report my skaven player will get. A report no-on in the world but him will read! But hey, if you're gonna do it, do it right!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2020, 12:18:52 PM »
Thursday - wrote the first draft of the (long) end of season report my skaven player will get. A report no-on in the world but him will read! But hey, if you're gonna do it, do it right!
I had the same philosophy when I tried to become an author.

On the hobby front; one of the nurgle spawns arms broke off so I replaced it with a giant, bulbous sore. Should have it finished by tomorrow.