home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 71179 times)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #875 on: August 01, 2020, 01:23:07 AM »
Wed July 29 Night - Finished painting five little critters: 2 goats, 2 rats and a raven.

Thu July 30 - Looking at the Fantasy 6th ed starter box (I bought a new, used one), I couldn't resist the nostalgia and picked up a couple of Empire Handgunners and an Orc. And one 6th ed Dwarf that had found its way into the box. All were painted (badly), but I started to splash new coats on paint, seeing if my fingers still remember the routine after all these years. They didn't, it was tedious work trying to figure out how to best paint the minis, and focusing on the details as if I never knew them. Also did some work on the Ogre.

Fri July 31 - Continued with the minis from Thu - and finished all five!  :happy:

Need to take a photo of the ten models finished this week.

Sat Aug 1 - It's gonna be a boardgaming day after four months of physical separation from my friends. So gaming, but different hobby. Maybe some little painting in the evening, after my friends have left.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #876 on: August 01, 2020, 02:39:33 AM »
Time flies doesn't it?

I got my Indomitus Kit on Tuesday, along with the mentioned game of thrones guys, so I've had plenty to do.

Wednesday- Built the LT, Captain and Chaplain, and spent some time carving the shoulder pad off the captain and some troops.

Thursday- Built Necrons instead. The walker guy, the warlord and his immortal bodyguard.

Friday- had a massive discord warhammer/lord of the rings chat, and while I did that built a few more random guys. Some scarabs and the Judicator.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #877 on: August 01, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »
Found my old paint pot of "Chainmail", and it has definitely dried up.  So that stymied my ability to put some more pain on my 6 Aver River Knights.  I was going to do the same thing on the last two with the "Chainmail", and then use a black wash to darken again and provide that in the creases/cracks look before then painting another layer, but not sure again what I'm going to do next without being able to use my dried up "Chainmail" color.

So ... I also found an old paint pot of Badab Black wash.  I decided to use it on the armor for my ... wait for it ... queue Bethoven's 5th first four notes ... dah-dah-dah-duh ... mounted crossbowmen. The wash had clearly lost some of its moisture as well.  It was a thinker blacker substance, and so these dudes have a much darker look to their armor now. Not sure how I will proceed with that either. :icon_lol:

Oh, and opened up my Star Wars Legion: Clone Wars set.  I wrote about that in the Star Wars Legion thread. Summary ... that was a hoot!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Last tally for Wed & Thurs ...

Wednesday ... Day 92

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Artoban, Padre, Mids

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Thursday ... Day 93

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Gankom, Padre, Mids

Weekend begins!

Friday ... Day 94

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Artoban, Padre, Mids

Saturday ... Day 95

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Artoban, Padre, Mids

"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #878 on: August 01, 2020, 11:02:36 AM »
So ... this morning I noticed that some how the daily count got to 95 days.  Not sure what the frick happened with that.  Here's what I mean ...

Starting day was May 1st ... going to May 31st is 31 days. Plus June's 30 days and July's 31 days makes 92 days have gone past (not the 94 of the tally).  That means we have 8 days to go.  That will bring us to the last day of the 100 Days of Hobby on next Saturday August 8th.

Thinking I may see if I can squeak in a Greet and Paint for next Saturday.  Folks could then show up for a Zoom meeting and we can bring our beer, ale, wine, or even a non-alcoholic drink if you'd prefer, and we can toast to our completed projects.  Sound good gentlemen :icon_question:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #879 on: August 01, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
Day 94 - almost completed my castigators. Maybe day 95 will show them to the world 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #880 on: August 01, 2020, 01:17:31 PM »
Maybe Artoban didn't see my post on the tally of days? :icon_wink:

Here's a new update with the correct numbers for the last two days ... I am going to presume that Artoban is referring to Day 92 and 93 with this update ...

Friday ... Day 92

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Artoban, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Padre, Mids

Saturday ... Day 93

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #881 on: August 01, 2020, 01:21:07 PM »
Presumed correctly 😺☝️
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #882 on: August 01, 2020, 01:28:21 PM »
Huzzah! :icon_mrgreen: :::cheers:::

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #883 on: August 01, 2020, 01:56:47 PM »
So ... this morning I noticed that some how the daily count got to 95 days.  Not sure what the frick happened with that.  Here's what I mean ...

Starting day was May 1st ... going to May 31st is 31 days. Plus June's 30 days and July's 31 days makes 92 days have gone past (not the 94 of the tally).  That means we have 8 days to go.  That will bring us to the last day of the 100 Days of Hobby on next Saturday August 8th.

Thinking I may see if I can squeak in a Greet and Paint for next Saturday.  Folks could then show up for a Zoom meeting and we can bring our beer, ale, wine, or even a non-alcoholic drink if you'd prefer, and we can toast to our completed projects.  Sound good gentlemen :icon_question:

Sounds good, but I'm leaving friday to go on holiday, so I won't make that
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #884 on: August 01, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »
Well we could put the Greet & Paint on the following weekend if that works instead SKS :icon_question:

• Members
« Reply #885 on: August 01, 2020, 02:35:38 PM »
Well we could put the Greet & Paint on the following weekend if that works instead SKS :icon_question:

We would be just back (on the friday again) and normally we have our neighbourhood bbq on the last saturday of our (school-)summer vacation, so I'll have to see how that will go

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #886 on: August 02, 2020, 06:18:30 AM »
I wasn't able to report yesterday as my laptop died on me again. I did however manage to do some more work on a Howling Griffon and fiddled with my panzers
Today, I repeated the process

• Members
« Reply #887 on: August 02, 2020, 09:13:13 AM »
Picture and blog time

Week 13
July 24th:
-Painted some more on the Foetid Bloat Drone
July 25th:
-After grabbing my 9th edition stuff early in the morning at the store I had some nice reading done in the books
July 26th:
-Made our (me and Benthe) crusade armies on paper and had loads of fun coming up with names for them
-Played our first little skirmish in 9th, with just 1 psyker and 1 troop choice unit, so we could get a hang of the new rules and to let Benthe get familiar with her Primaris Librarian
July 27th:
-Did a first draft of a 2k 9th ed list for my T'au
-Finished my 2nd Foetid Bloat Drone
-Did a little more work on the Intercessors
July 30th:
-More work done on the Intercessors

Week 14
July 31st:
-Hobbied together with Benthe most of this evening, she painted some bases of the Librarian and the 2nd squad of Intercessors while I was painting up the green layer color on the first squad of Intercessors
August 1st:
-Made use of my new Lightbox to make pictures and made up my blogpost, come to think of it I did not post pictures of the new lightbox, nor my cabinets!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #888 on: August 02, 2020, 09:32:50 AM »
More painting on mounted crossbowmen ... some wrist guards, straps for armor, muscian's bugle. Oh, and a bugle on a 28mm Perry Wars of the Roses figure as well.  Had to use up some more of the metallic paint I'd thinned on the palette.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #889 on: August 02, 2020, 09:53:00 AM »
Updating ...

Friday ... Day 92

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Artoban, Rowsdower, Realjuan, Padre, Mids

Saturday ... Day 93

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... ,Rowsdower, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Artoban, Padre, Mids

Saturday ... Day 94

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Artoban, Padre, Mids

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #890 on: August 02, 2020, 10:42:52 AM »
Been away on holiday. Yesterday, 1st August, began work on Lord Alessio's fort at the bridge of Pontremola. I am going to use the following partially completed old project and the base of an Airfix WW2 54mm scale (1:32) Japanese building which I have chopped up! I was going to use the chopped bits to make a two longer wall sections, although now I have changed my mind and will use them to make a triangular bastion of a more 'modern' shape. Lord Alessio is an experienced soldier with a good grasp of newer developments.

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #891 on: August 02, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »
That sounds good, and looks good! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #892 on: August 02, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »
That sounds good, and looks good! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

I remember that building. Many plastic casualties occurred in a similar one 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #893 on: August 02, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »
I have no idea what the building looks like.  Or at this age, can't remember! :icon_lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #894 on: August 02, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »
Snuck in a little painting this morning.  Got out my soft black wash (made by Secret Weapon) and used it on two of the mounted crosbowmen's feathers.

I also pulled out a unit of 13 spearmen that I got from someone many years back.  The person had painted them in Talabheim colors of red and white, with yellow highlights, including the lions on the shields.  I got them for a nice price or trade, can't recall which.

The plan was to use them for my Tilean town called Costanzio, where their colors too are red & white with the symbol of a yellow crown.  They are arch enemies of my other Tilean town called Bracciano, where are used the colors of blue and white with the symbol of a red rose.

Anyway, I have begun upgrading the painting on these red and white spearmen by starting the process of using the soft black wash on the uniforms, armor, and feathers.  Eventually I'll start putting more paint on them as well.

Oh!  And I also glued the flag to their banner bearer's hands. :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:22:24 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #895 on: August 02, 2020, 05:03:10 PM »
Updating ...

Friday ... Day 92

Saturday ... Day 93

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Rowsdower, GP, Padre, Artoban, Gankom, Realjuan, Mids

Sunday ... Day 94

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... GP, Padre, Artoban, Rowsdower, Gankom, Realjuan, Mids

« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:36:28 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #896 on: August 02, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »
Progress today ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #897 on: August 02, 2020, 08:49:03 PM »
Looking good, and updated above! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #898 on: August 02, 2020, 09:23:29 PM »
 Day 93 - 94 - Castigators done. Just need a pic now.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #899 on: August 02, 2020, 10:36:55 PM »
Updated above and congrats! :::cheers:::