home

Author Topic: 40K 9th Edition App Experiences ...  (Read 92 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

40K 9th Edition App Experiences ...
« on: December 14, 2020, 08:34:44 PM »
 Sorry. Was just checking out the app. Not going to pursue this now 😸
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:23:30 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

Re: 40K 9th Edition App Experiences ...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 01:28:09 AM »
Going thru the app. There are no more ork scorchas or wartracks, or zapp guns itís seems. I know the looted tanks were gone a few additions ago but my scrap pile seems to be growing. Anything I can do with them?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Happy New Year! : )
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 02:51:03 AM »
Not sure I'll get into using the app, but maybe.  Then again, probably could help if I got around to playing 40K again.

It was interesting to see how an IG army could be put together using it though.

And disappointing to think that looted vehicles, scorchas, wartracks, and zapp guns aren't being included.  Perhaps it is a popularity thing? Although if GW included them and tweaked them, then they could show up on lists again, and still keep the feeling to the army.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 08:33:11 AM »
Is this the thing they have been offering 'free' in beta?

I assumed it was an army builder app? Is it a download or do you have to use it online?

The only thing was when I looked at it, I had to give them my bank details and sign up for £3.99 per month.

So no thanks.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 10:21:41 AM »
Is this the thing they have been offering 'free' in beta?

I assumed it was an army builder app? Is it a download or do you have to use it online?

The only thing was when I looked at it, I had to give them my bank details and sign up for £3.99 per month.

So no thanks.

Yes you have to pay for it. It costs about 5.45$ / month. The AoS Azyr app is 1.39 a month and I find it far superior. Not convinced Iím going to keep the 40K. Itís been out for 3 months and just started the army building ability.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 10:28:03 AM »
Quote GP: And disappointing to think that looted vehicles, scorchas, wartracks, and zapp guns aren't being included.  Perhaps it is a popularity thing? Although if GW included them and tweaked them, then they could show up on lists again, and still keep the feeling to the army

Agree. Those strange parts were the fun of the orks. Not that they still donít have peculiarities but I definitely liked those parts. Especially the looted vehicles

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 11:36:57 AM »
Just sent my feedback and did the survey for the app. Requested grandfathering in old units like the Azyr system etc. Wonít get any specific return but just adding my 2cents
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 10:41:59 PM »
I keep going back to check it out because I like the idea of it. An easy app to quickly/easily build army lists with all the rules in one spot. BUT its not turning out like that at the moment. Plus while you unlock the army book for free if you guy a physical one, that still means its only useful if you've bought all the army books.

Those looted tanks though are sweet!

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 10:52:58 PM »
I keep going back to check it out because I like the idea of it. An easy app to quickly/easily build army lists with all the rules in one spot. BUT its not turning out like that at the moment. Plus while you unlock the army book for free if you guy a physical one, that still means its only useful if you've bought all the army books.

Those looted tanks though are sweet!
Thanks! I wish I could remember how I painted them lol.
Iím not sure why you canít buy the codexes online thru the app like Azyr. That works really well. Between all warscrolls tab, the library tab, the army list tab, the custom units tab and the rules, it really canít get any better. Love that app and was expecting close to the same with this one. Hopefully the beta improves the end result
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020