home

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k App Review  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Warhammer 40k App Review
« on: July 24, 2020, 09:47:28 PM »
I'm dropping this here rather then cluttering up the rumour thread like I've been doing lately. People with far more time and wit then I have went through and did a review of the App. One of my stateside buddies has it and was telling me similar issues but hasn't really gotten in depth.

https://www.goonhammer.com/the-goonhammer-review-warhammer-40000-the-app/

I really like the idea of an app that keeps everything in one nice location and that's easy to search. Would mean I don't have to drag my laptop to the game store each time. But I think I'll wait a bit for things to stabilize before I hop on the band wagon.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Warhammer 40k App Review
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 09:58:58 PM »
I should have waited too. I have to say without the Azyr app, I doubt I’d be in AoS. I freakin love that app. List building, every warscroll for every unit, all subdivided into the individual factions, library and any book you would like to buy. For 1.99 per month. 40k app is 5.64 but I would happily pay it if it’s as good as Azyr.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 10:09:12 PM »
Bah, that's around 70 US $ a year, and for something I won't use regularly.  If it is as bad as I am hearing, no way.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »
Its such a weird price for an app they clearly want to push. The weirdest thing for me is that the AoS app is insanely popular and super good. Did they start this late and desperately try and rush it out?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:20:31 PM »
Well, must be my age, and I'm more than willing to do things the ole fashioned way, but seriously, if they can't get the tech straight, I ain't spending money for troubled tech.

(GP ...  you might never spend money for it anyway.)

True.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 04:33:33 AM »
I'm sticking to Battlescribe. Its free and the deluxe version 2.99/year. I use the free version on my phone and desktop computer. As far as I can tell the deluxe version just lets you support the app monetarily and allows you to rename units (Like renaming "Space Marine Captain" to "Captain Spoopypants" if you desire to inject your own fluff).
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 06:32:56 AM »
A gimic I can do with out as well. :icon_wink:

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 09:29:05 AM »
I'm sticking to Battlescribe. Its free and the deluxe version 2.99/year. I use the free version on my phone and desktop computer. As far as I can tell the deluxe version just lets you support the app monetarily and allows you to rename units (Like renaming "Space Marine Captain" to "Captain Spoopypants" if you desire to inject your own fluff).

and drops the advert banner :)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 06:03:58 PM »
Ah yes, forgot about that. I think I'm so used to ads being everywhere that it doesn't phase me much. Plus it allows them to collect some money (not my own) to support them.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 02:36:45 PM »
Speaking of Battlescribe, they just updated it today with 9th edition.  :::cheers:::
― Jake the Dog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
Just checked the other day. The app is available for apple now. I find it pretty good. I can pull up any unit from anywhere. The army builder is still not available yet but coming shortly.  I get the feeling it will be as good as Azyr in short order.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.