home

Author Topic: POLL: How Many Chapters of Empire Knights Do You Have?  (Read 2447 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
POLL: How Many Chapters of Empire Knights Do You Have?
« on: August 10, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »
How Many Chapters of Empire Knights Do You Have?

This is not meant to included chapters of Knights from places like Bretonnia, Estalia, Tilea, the Border Princes, or other human nor chaos nor non-human places.  In essence, it is meant to be for Chapters of Knights that reside with in the boundaries of the Empire.  You can choose to include Marienburg, if you'd like or not, it is a place often under dispute in the annuals of Empire history.

Also a secondary question ... what Chapters of Empire Knights to you have?

Additionally, this poll has been set so that folks can "remove"/change their vote as they add or subtract chapters of Empire Knights in their collection.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:35:16 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
Re: POLL: How Many Chapters of Empire Knights Do You Have?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »
If we're classing the Reiksguard as a Chapter(?) then I have 5 at present but I have some old knights going spare so dabbling with adding a sixth in time...

Current 5 being;

Reiksguard
Knights Panther
Knights of the Blazing Sun
Knights of the White Wolf
Knights Griffon (on Demigryphs)

Sixth if it happens will likely be Knights of the Broken Sword OR Knights of the Black Rose as I think the heavy Morr theme could be pretty awesome.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
Currently I have three chapters of knights, although I am considering more ...

1.  The Knights of the Aver River ... this is a home brew chapter that I created in conjunction with my Aver River Regiment.  In the meantime, here is a bit regarding my home brew knightly chapter called The Knights of the Aver River ... these knights pattern themselves off the Empire's Reiksguard in their manner of armor and weapons, although wear different colors, the black and yellow of Averland with blue highlights.  Their founding member was a man named Siegmund von Friedlichwald.  Seigmund grew up in the small lumberjack town of Friedlichwald that is located in the forest between Averheim and Verborgenburg, but grew up with dreams of becoming a Knight.  Eventually he traveled to Altdorf where he joined the Reiksguard, and soon there after "retired" from them to found the Knights of the Aver River.  This knightly order patrols from just within the sight of Averheim, along the Aver River to the Moot, along its southern border to the Blue Reach following it all the way to World's Edge Mountains.  Their Chapter House is located at Verborgenburg in Averland, a town located in the hills between the forest and the Moot, and directly across the ford that is near Scheibbs in Stirland.  The Knights of the Aver River have an agreement, along with the Aver River Regiment, to aide the Moot in times of need, and patrol along it's southern border accordingly so as not to interfere in the day to day happenings of the halflings who live in The Moot.  (6 figures.)

2.  Order of the Golden Lion ... potential fluff for my unit to follow.  (6 figures.)

3.  Order of the Black Bear ... potential fluff for my unit to follow.  (5 figures, and will likely add 1 more.)

Considering having a unit of the Blazing Suns, maybe a unit of the Knights of the Broken Sword, and perhaps others.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:17:41 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 06:51:18 PM »
its like space marines there are hundreds, some huge like knight's Panther and other not as big like ( create your own chapter) or house hold of knights
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
So how many do you have Zak?  And what are their names?

Online Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 12:51:06 AM »
I haven't counted, but I will now and then update the poll:

Reiksguard (12+6+5)
White Wolf (8+8)
Knights of the Blazing Sun (5)
Knights Panther (5)
Knights of the Twin Tailed Comet (5)
Knights Griffon (12+8+8)
Knights of the Dragons head (5)
Exiled Bretonnian Knights (5)
Sellsword Knights residing in Marienburg (8)
Cratheginean Heavy Cavalry (10+5)

This doesn't count:
Gryphon Legion
Demigryph Knights
Winged Lancers
Demi-lancers
Mounted flagellant light cavalry
Bear Cavalry
White Wolf riders
Any unassembled models
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 12:53:44 AM by Warlord »
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 01:10:22 AM »
I like the idea of providing the number of figures, and so edited my post above to include this, thank you! :::cheers:::

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 09:41:45 AM »
Just the standard ones

Reiksguard
White Wolf
Knights of the Blazing Sun
Knights Panther
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 03:54:15 AM »
Knights Griffon (12)
Knights of the White Wolf (5)
Brotherhood of the White Hawk (6)
Order of the Broken Sword (12)
Order of the Silver Circlet (6)
The Lion Guard (6)
Crimson Templars of Winterschloss (12)
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 06:29:48 AM »
Zero!

All my knights are just the local aristocracy of Talabecland (although at some point they will be repainted as Marienburgers).

I never quite 'got' the fluff for the Imperial knightly orders. How do they function? Are all imperial nobles/knights members of one order or the other? Are these just  prestigeous organisations like the Order of the Golden Fleece was, or all or imperial nobles monks and live garrisoned toghether (like the Templars/Teutonic Knights)?

Help me out fluff gurus! 
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »
I never quite 'got' the fluff for the Imperial knightly orders. How do they function? Are all imperial nobles/knights members of one order or the other? Are these just  prestigeous organisations like the Order of the Golden Fleece was, or all or imperial nobles monks and live garrisoned toghether (like the Templars/Teutonic Knights)?

Help me out fluff gurus!

From the roughest and least polished parts of my guide to the Empire

The Knightly Orders
   It is the goal of most of the Empire’s warlike nobleman to become a member of one the great Knightly Orders of the Empire. Some are motivated out of religious conviction and are drawn to one of the many Templar Orders, serving their chosen god through both martial and spiritual means. The vast majority are drawn to the Empire’s many secular orders which often grants them prestige, glory, and a place in one of the most exclusive societies of the realm. There is no set size for a Knightly Order as some number a handful of knights while others boast hundreds. The majority of Knightly Orders are small and often recruited from a single province.

Major Empire Based Templar Orders
   Most of the large Knightly Orders of the Empire are Templar Orders. Religious convictions are less confining than political boundaries and suitable candidates for these Orders can be drawn from any part of the Empire and sometimes beyond. In addition most Templar Orders are in part bank rolled by the Cult of their patron deity or at least can rely on the generous donations from pious benefactors.
   Selection for Knights to join a Templar order is far more rigorous than that of a secular one. Young noblemen with some service in the Pistol Korps should have no expectation to ever being accepted directly as a brother knight in a Templar Order and in fact such service might often preclude an aspirant knight entry. Joining a Templar Order requires years of training both in martial and religious instruction and is for the most part started when the youth is in their early teens. Methods vary from order to order but many still require a long period of apprenticeship as a squire in order to be eligible for elevation to full Knighthood. Veteran Knights subject to some sort of religious experience are generally also not immediately accepted as brother knights either unless suitable religious education is conducted. Exceptions do happen however and particularly in cases for those that have been part of important holy miracles.

Major Secular Orders
By sheer number, secular Orders are more prevalent than that of Templar Orders in the Empire. Secular Orders however do not garner the same political clout or prestige of the religious counterparts and are for the most part relegated to at best regional interests. The exceptions to this are the great Orders from the crusades, mainly the Knights Panther but to a lesser extent the Knights of the Golden Lion and the Knights Jaguar as well. Steeped in centuries of tradition and appealing to the spirit of adventure in some of the nobility, these orders have managed to survive whilst others have disappeared or been relegated to little more than honorable drinking societies.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 11:02:06 PM »
Knights of The Blazing Sun, Reiksguard.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 04:58:45 PM »
As per every other poll, most are homebrew!

Order of the Grail: "inspired' by Brettonian chivalry and ideals, these Empire knights fight much like their southern cousins.

Order of the Thistle

Knights of the Way

Black Riders

Hexnatal: lustrian themed knights, with some on cold ones.

Knights of the Holy Star: A group of foot knights.

Knights of the White Wolf

Order of the Scythe: Totally not Vampires. Promise.

The Holy Order of Highland Templars

Harads Doom Riders: Dark, evil themed but still 'loyal'. To someone at least. At some point they'll get a more official Order name.

The Black Watch: A mix of Templars, Nights Watch (GoT) and historical Black Watch. A knightly order that helps defend the North and Western border, and includes a large number of laymen as soldiers and workers.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 09:54:30 PM »
Reiksguard (16), White Wolves (20) and the Talons of The Ulricsberg (Demigryph homebrew order, 6)

I really don't like painting Knights, I have a box of WK's metal knights somewhere but I've never decided what to do with them.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 06:29:38 PM »
Oh, had forgotten about this one.

Morr
Panther
Blazing Sun
Reiksguard

Then some unbuilt Perry knights which could be from the Empire, and Griffon knights I haven't painted yet. And one unit of light cav with lion shields that might perform the role of a local knightly order at times. In practice, make that one order more.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 01:01:54 PM »

Insightful stuff about Knightly Orders by S.O.F

Thanks a lot! Seems I will have to re-consider what I've written for my army so far  :icon_smile:.
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log