home

Author Topic: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...  (Read 70285 times)

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
Re: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...
« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2020, 06:20:41 PM »
More work on the background of the coronauts for this year's Massive Voodoo Challenge ...

I don't like how the virus itself blends into the background though. So I did some research on alternative colour schemes.

Ushapti instead of grey and purple or a mixture of red and purple on the cloves?
Or grey plus orange and a red wash on the cloves? What do you think?

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2020, 11:18:15 PM »
Oh it happened...  :blush:

Week 7
Sunday September 20th:
-Took pictures of my firewariors and the CDS (Counterfire Defense System) and posted them on insta and a few discord channels
-Started to work on my Death Guard models, doing the bases with pva glue and sand, then painting them up with grey. While the sand was drying also applied the Black Templar on the armour. And I found out that the Lord of Contagion (Lord Felthius) has a 40 mm base while the LoC from Dark Imperium has a 50mm base... like huh what? So after some thinking I decided to drop the already worked on 40mm base and start on a 50mm base for him..So that is now 2 moddeling errors with the kit? odd..
Monday September 21st:
-Started the day with reading up on a WD in my backlog of reading.
-Did more work on the Death Guard models by drybrushing the bases, even on the newly 50mm base, and tidying up the primer for the Emerald Green which I also applied on all but one Terminator and the LoC.
-Did some more work on the concept idea's for the Crusade campaign and hosting it on out local clubs discord server. Just to finalize some things
Tuesday September 22nd:
-A little more reading in WD453
-Last Terminator and LoC are now also greenified, next wil be tentacles and horns to do, that will mostly complete the models a fair bit
Wednesday September 23rd:
-On a roll with reading a bit and now my WD453 is done and can hit the shelf, onto 454 :)
Thursday September 24th:
-More painting done on my Death Guard models, Flesh tones and Tentacles done, Bone color done, even 1 of the Nurglings on skintone done and even did the cloth in orange already, a very productive evening!
Friday September 25th:
-Plague Marines almost finished, just some rust effects and base to be done, also a bit of work done on the cloak of the Lord of Contagion
-And a little reading in WD454
Saturday September 26th:
-A little more reading in WD454 about Goff Orkz
-Terminators mostly done now also, just some wash and rust to do and bases
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #352 on: September 27, 2020, 07:35:51 PM »
Added blue to the paldrons. Not much else
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2020, 11:18:36 PM »
I've actually had a pretty productive weekend. I've spent all three days (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) editing fluff, writing some new lore, going back through older stuff to find some character who've been a bit overlooked and filling in what they've been doing. We also had the end of a roleplaying "cycle" today, which lets my crew and I move forward with some new things in our shared world. My step forward was having Tyrian wipe out a nearby pirate nest that had been bothering a number of us.

Of course instead of simply leaving, I took a page out of the Roman book. Tyrian took it as an opportunity to leave an Elven garrison there. Creating the new trade post of Emporia, slowly expanding my little kingdom, and giving me a better base to hunt those bothersome pirates.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2020, 12:00:17 AM »
Expand, Conquer, Impose!!!! The stuff of life 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2020, 02:24:05 AM »
Will catch up here after return trip set for Monday. :icon_cool: :::cheers::;
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »
Week 7
Sunday September 20th:
-Took pictures of my firewariors and the CDS (Counterfire Defense System) and posted them on insta and a few discord channels
-Started to work on my Death Guard models, doing the bases with pva glue and sand, then painting them up with grey. While the sand was drying also applied the Black Templar on the armour. And I found out that the Lord of Contagion (Lord Felthius) has a 40 mm base while the LoC from Dark Imperium has a 50mm base... like huh what? So after some thinking I decided to drop the already worked on 40mm base and start on a 50mm base for him..So that is now 2 moddeling errors with the kit? odd..
Monday September 21st:
-Started the day with reading up on a WD in my backlog of reading.
-Did more work on the Death Guard models by drybrushing the bases, even on the newly 50mm base, and tidying up the primer for the Emerald Green which I also applied on all but one Terminator and the LoC.
-Did some more work on the concept idea's for the Crusade campaign and hosting it on out local clubs discord server. Just to finalize some things
Tuesday September 22nd:
-A little more reading in WD453
-Last Terminator and LoC are now also greenified, next wil be tentacles and horns to do, that will mostly complete the models a fair bit
Wednesday September 23rd:
-On a roll with reading a bit and now my WD453 is done and can hit the shelf, onto 454 :)
Thursday September 24th:
-More painting done on my Death Guard models, Flesh tones and Tentacles done, Bone color done, even 1 of the Nurglings on skintone done and even did the cloth in orange already, a very productive evening!
Friday September 25th:
-Plague Marines almost finished, just some rust effects and base to be done, also a bit of work done on the cloak of the Lord of Contagion
-And a little reading in WD454
Saturday September 26th:
-A little more reading in WD454 about Goff Orkz
-Terminators mostly done now also, just some wash and rust to do and bases

Week 7
Sunday September 27th:
-Just a bit of reading done in the WD454 besides watching F1

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2020, 06:16:28 PM »
Here's yesterday's work. I changed the colour scheme to a transition from Iyanden Darksun to Ushapti Bone and red/purple for the cloves. Better or worse?

Saturday

Sunday (still WIP)

• Members
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2020, 07:32:40 AM »
Here's yesterday's work. I changed the colour scheme to a transition from Iyanden Darksun to Ushapti Bone and red/purple for the cloves. Better or worse?

Saturday

Sunday (still WIP)

Better on the main body, not to sure yet on the cloves

• Members
« Reply #359 on: September 29, 2020, 07:35:16 AM »
Week 7
Sunday September 27th:
Monday September 28th:
-Almost finished with all my Death Guard models on the list, by adding the last colors on the Lord of Contagion, doing the washes on the terminators and rust effects on all. Just need to finish the bases and maybe a little touch up here and there.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2020, 08:17:50 AM »
Last week - From Sunday 20/09 to 26/09:
  • Sunday: I started painting a unit filler for my Longbeards (Drunken Dwarfs from 1987)
  • Monday: I almost finished the unit filler, only the basing and pig left.
  • Wednesday & Thursday: I'm going to finish the bugger and start rebasing my whole army for friday.
  • Friday: The day! My game against Soth. 1500 points of Dwarfs against Empire. What are the thoughts of this? My Grudgetrhowerd is rubbish and can't hit things. That legendary metal wizard is hard against some little dwarfs and that empire footsoldiers just stay at the backline.

This week, will only be one day:
Sunday: I experimented a little with blank dice to create some artillery dice. This didn't work out well because of the varnish.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2020, 12:53:28 AM »
No hobbying for me in days.

However ... SKS had 7 days in a row last week, impressive. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Updating ...

Last Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... none
2 Days ... Artoban
3 Days ... Novogrod, GP, Gankom
4 Days ... Tara
5 Days ... Novogrod
6 Days ... none
7 Days ...SKS

Start of This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... Artoban, Gankom, Tara, Novogrod
2 Days ... none
3 or more Days ... SKS

Folks can join in anytime.

If I missed something in the tallying, then let me know!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:12:08 AM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Members
« Reply #362 on: September 30, 2020, 06:55:03 AM »
Week 7
Sunday September 27th:
Monday September 28th:
-Almost finished with all my Death Guard models on the list, by adding the last colors on the Lord of Contagion, doing the washes on the terminators and rust effects on all. Just need to finish the bases and maybe a little touch up here and there.
Tuesday September 29th:
-Had planned to go to the club but my opponent fell sick and had to cancel and short term couldn't find another opponent, so stay at home and read WD454 out and off to the shelf it is

So GP that is now 3 instead of 1 ;)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2020, 09:12:41 AM »
Ok, updated above, thank you. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2020, 06:57:07 PM »
Week 7
Sunday September 27th:
Monday September 28th:
Tuesday September 29th:
-Had planned to go to the club but my opponent fell sick and had to cancel and short term couldn't find another opponent, so stay at home and read WD454 out and off to the shelf it is.
Wednesday September 30th:
-Finished my death guard models! Woot nicely done at the last day of the month, have some spare time left so will take pictures and will update several places I post my pictures and thus also my Blogpost for this month.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #365 on: September 30, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »
Huzzah for more fluff writing! I even helped GM a few online games for others doing stuff. Tuesday, and then this morning. The aftermath of this most recent cycle has had some pretty big effects on things.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2020, 10:56:46 PM »
SKS is on quite the streak! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Updating ...

This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... Artoban, Tara, Novogrod
2 Days ... Gankom
3 Days ... none
4 Days ... SKS

Offline TaraGreen

• Members
« Reply #367 on: October 01, 2020, 05:20:47 PM »
Not sure I like the scale of what I'm painting atm (entire rooms) ...  :unsure:

Small progress on the virus for my diorama though as well ...

SKS, you are the second person saying he doesn't quite like the cloves ... any idea how I could improve them? What exactly is it you don't like?

• Members
« Reply #368 on: October 02, 2020, 07:38:26 AM »
Not sure I like the scale of what I'm painting atm (entire rooms) ...  :unsure:

Small progress on the virus for my diorama though as well ...

SKS, you are the second person saying he doesn't quite like the cloves ... any idea how I could improve them? What exactly is it you don't like?

The Red/Purple ones are sticking out of the virus bulb to much colorwise and also blending to much in with the background giving it a weird feel as if it should belong to the background instead of the virus bulb

• Members
« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2020, 07:44:12 AM »
Week 7
Sunday September 27th:
Monday September 28th:
Tuesday September 29th:
-Had planned to go to the club but my opponent fell sick and had to cancel and short term couldn't find another opponent, so stay at home and read WD454 out and off to the shelf it is.
Wednesday September 30th:
-Finished my death guard models! Woot nicely done at the last day of the month, have some spare time left so will take pictures and will update several places I post my pictures and thus also my Blogpost for this month.
Thursday October 1st:
-Started reading the last of the Psychic Awakening books Pariah, also to get a bit of background information for the upcoming Crusade Campaign, should get the Crusade supplement in tomorrow also for that. So then a week more to prepare and then start the campaign in full.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2020, 11:31:27 AM »
Got back into the 9th edition 40K core rule book and went through all the fluff pages on space marines.  It seemed the writing tailed off a bit from the  interesting fluff earlier in the book.  Two more days for me to get in three for the week.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2020, 11:33:59 AM »
Updating ...

This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... Artoban, Novogrod, GP
2 Days ... Gankom
3 Days ... Tara
4 Days ... none
5 Days ... SKS

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2020, 08:46:54 PM »
Painted gold highlights on vanguards

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2020, 08:58:31 PM »
Those are coming along nicely. :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2020, 11:56:55 PM »
Updating ...

This Week's Tally ...

1 Day ... Novogrod, GP
2 Days ... Gankom, Artoban
3 Days ... Tara
4 Days ... none
5 Days ... SKS