home

Author Topic: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...  (Read 69933 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: The W-E At Least 3 Days Per Week Hobby Club ...
« Reply #450 on: October 16, 2020, 07:17:33 PM »
Works in Progress

Completely acrylic, for the first time ever. These two current projects have no enamels. Even the primer and base coats.

Spirit hosts WIP

These are proving a challenge, to say the least. It's a steep learning curve 'changing your mediums'! And, I have another four yet to do. I will base them on swarm bases, two per base.

The Arrabiatti brotherhood - or light horsemen. Again completely acrylic, WIP. I think I am getting close to the bits where problems will crop up!!!

13 riders, plastic Perry's plus some metal riders, and Perette now riding a horse.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #451 on: October 17, 2020, 10:59:52 AM »
Looking good Padre, progress is good! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

No hobbying for a second day in a row here.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #452 on: October 17, 2020, 11:00:47 AM »
Updating ...

This Week's Tally
1 Day ... none
2 Days ... Padre
3 Days ... Artoban, Novogrod, Gankom
4 Days ... GP, SKS

Folks can join in anytime.

The weekend has begun!

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #453 on: October 17, 2020, 08:45:57 PM »
Week 9
Sunday October 11th:
-After getting my Blightlord Terminators in on Saturday I started building them and 2 are done and 3 only need their arms/weapons
Monday October 12th:
-After playing a game of Risk with my daugther I went on with building the Blightlord Terminators, arms/weapons on 2 more are done and the champion is almost done with magnetizing the combi options (bolter, flamer, melta, plasma) for easy of placing the magnet is his arm still not on the body, he does already have his Axe arm. Even managed to put a balesword on the Plaguespitter wielding one from the Lord Felthius kit after some chopping of an arm with balesword
Wednesday October 14th:
-Finished with building the Blightlord Terminators, as the magnets are all in place for the combi variants on the Champion
Thursday October 15th:
-Painted a second basecoat layer of the white, added the copper for the bolts and layered grey on some plates and metal on the lenses on my Coldstar Commander
Friday October 16th:
-Primed the Blightlord Terminators and started to base them
-Put a few more paints on the Coldstar and a few options
Saturday October 17th:
-Read a bit in WD455 that I finally got in (last number I needed before my subscription started)
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #454 on: October 19, 2020, 07:21:00 AM »
Week 9
Sunday October 11th:
-After getting my Blightlord Terminators in on Saturday I started building them and 2 are done and 3 only need their arms/weapons
Monday October 12th:
-After playing a game of Risk with my daugther I went on with building the Blightlord Terminators, arms/weapons on 2 more are done and the champion is almost done with magnetizing the combi options (bolter, flamer, melta, plasma) for easy of placing the magnet is his arm still not on the body, he does already have his Axe arm. Even managed to put a balesword on the Plaguespitter wielding one from the Lord Felthius kit after some chopping of an arm with balesword
Wednesday October 14th:
-Finished with building the Blightlord Terminators, as the magnets are all in place for the combi variants on the Champion
Thursday October 15th:
-Painted a second basecoat layer of the white, added the copper for the bolts and layered grey on some plates and metal on the lenses on my Coldstar Commander
Friday October 16th:
-Primed the Blightlord Terminators and started to base them
-Put a few more paints on the Coldstar and a few options
Saturday October 17th:
-Read a bit in WD455 that I finally got in (last number I needed before my subscription started)

Week 10
Sunday October 18th:
-Read through WD455, really into the fictional story that has been going on for multiple issues now about the Sororitas
-Painted a bit on the Blightlords
-Almost finished the base for the Coldstar Commander as he is on a flying stand anyway, so I could do it now already and felt like doing it.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #455 on: October 19, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »
Last week from Sunday 11/10 - 17/10:
  • Sunday: I worked some more on a bretonnian spearmen and archers
  • Monday: I will continue to work on the above figures. I will also pick up some "custom dices"
  • Wednesday: I worked some more on a bretonnian spearmen and archers
  • Friday: I made my first cast with "blue stuff", an arm for a miniature of Tony Tony Chopper from One Piece. My wife collects these and this one was missing an arm, so I tried copying the other one and painted it up. The green stuff I used wasn't great (to old I suspect), so I took a little longer to become completely stiff/hard (somehow this sounds wrong)
  • Saturday: I primed and started work at the "Redhear Crew" from One Piece. These figures come with boats that are already prepainted. You just need to assemble them (also part of my wife's hobby).

This week from Sunday 18/10- 24/10:
  • Sunday: I continued work on the pirate crew. They are that tiny, the details are very hard to pick out.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #456 on: October 19, 2020, 02:03:25 PM »
Finished the bell tower. Decided to take off the skeletons hung on the sides. A little too chaos controlled for what I want it for.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #457 on: October 20, 2020, 01:06:35 AM »
That is an awesome look to the the Warcry scenery, congrats! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:18:09 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #458 on: October 20, 2020, 01:11:17 AM »
So my hobbying over the weekend continued to be nil.  My father's health situation rapidly deteriorated in the last couple days of the week, and by Saturday he had to be taken to the hospital.

In the process of discovering the seriousness of his decline and seeking action, I had a sibling come completely unglued towards me.  It got really bad, but I remained calm, didn't attack nor flee, and his goal was clearly to get me to leave our parent's home, including wanting my mother to send me away.  Which of course she wouldn't do that because he was the one acting completely atrociously.  Will spare the details, yet folks can probably imagine the bull I endured from him in not returning his fire.  When I reached for my phone and started calling a friend, he backed down after his second verbal assault in a row started.

So, I have been focused on supporting my mother, and recouping from the events of the weekend.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:44:16 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #459 on: October 20, 2020, 01:49:23 AM »
Last Week's Final Tally
1 Day ... none
2 Days ... Padre
3 Days ... Artoban, Gankom
4 Days ... GP
5 Days ... Novogrod,
6 Days ... SKS

Start of This Week's Tally
1 Day ... SKS, Artoban
2 Days ...
3 Days ...

• Members
« Reply #460 on: October 20, 2020, 06:45:09 AM »
Sorry to hear that GP! Hope things will get better

My Monday evening is usually a hobby evening for me but didn't feel like doing it so went and played some Baldur's Gate 1.. oh the memories :)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2020, 09:20:20 AM »
Finished the Xenos section of the 9th edition 40K rules.  Tyranids are quite the nasty dudes, and Genestealers are quite the extra enemy.

Updating ...

Start of This Week's Tally
1 Day ... SKS, Artoban, GP
2 Days ...
3 Days ...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #462 on: October 20, 2020, 01:05:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that GP. Events like that can sure cause some weird behaviour.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2020, 01:45:22 PM »
Thanks for understanding folks.  And yep, when a parent is passing away, it is easy for some to have past emotional baggage be effecting their actions in the current.  Going to let things go by for a bit, because my father's health improving is what is most important in the immediate future, and then will address the other issue(s) accordingly.  Suspect it won't matter how rational and forgiving I am, it isn't going to please a person who has already formed their belief, opinion and memory, yet having another reoccurrence happen, and I take away some of the fuel for their fire now, maybe things like why father's comfort in transport is best handled by professionals, and how cost of such can be paid by me, then perhaps some of the additional stress venting won't occur in my direction again. Perhaps.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 06:42:30 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2020, 04:40:49 PM »
Family can always be pretty weird to begin with, and when members get sick it only gets worse. Hope things get brighter soon GP, your in our thoughts!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2020, 09:37:29 AM »
My mind was in a fog last night.  Barely got through a phone call witht he new lady friend, and couldn't stay up to watch the end of World Series Game 2.  No hobbying for me last night either.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
Already Thursday!   And only 3 of us have only 1 day where hobby time has been achieved. :icon_eek:

This Week's Tally
2 Days ...
3 Days ...

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #467 on: October 22, 2020, 12:47:57 PM »
This week from Sunday 18/10- 24/10:
  • Sunday: I continued work on the pirate crew. They are that tiny, the details are very hard to pick out.
  • Wednesday: I finished a few of the pirate crew. I only needed to varnish them, but I'm waiting on better weather for that.
  • Thursday: I will finish the crew today. I also will work on some bases of my Warband. And depending on how tired I'm, I will collect and start on my Frostgrave warband.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #468 on: October 22, 2020, 01:08:28 PM »
Novogrod comes thru on three days!  If we include today. :icon_wink: :::cheers:::

Updating ...

This Week's Tally
2 Days ...
3 Days ... Novogrod

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #469 on: October 22, 2020, 03:59:46 PM »
I'm just terrible at updating! I did some painting on Valten and some plague marines on Tuesday and Wednesday. haven't yet done anything today, but I'm hoping to after work this evening.

• Members
« Reply #470 on: October 22, 2020, 05:38:04 PM »
Got my second day in

Week 10
Sunday October 18th:
-Read through WD455, really into the fictional story that has been going on for multiple issues now about the Sororitas
-Almost finished the base for the Coldstar Commander as he is on a flying stand anyway, so I could do it now already and felt like doing it.
Wednesday October 21st:
-Painted more on the Coldstar and weapons

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #471 on: October 22, 2020, 06:08:38 PM »
Great going gentlemen! :::cheers:::

Updating ...

This Week's Tally
1 Day ... Artoban, GP
2 Days ... Gankom, SKS
3 Days ... Novogrod

• Members
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2020, 10:04:42 AM »
Atleast something for a 3rd day

Week 10
Sunday October 18th:
Wednesday October 21st:
-Painted more on the Coldstar and weapons
Friday October 23rd:
-Read a bit in WD456, didn't feel like hobbying as I felt a bit off due to back/neck pain and just got off some earpain because of the neckpain

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2020, 11:44:38 AM »
Well I have abysmally failed to do any more hobbying this week.  Will be on the Greet & Paint today, but it'll only be two days for me.  Bah!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »
During W-E Greet and Paint ... did some highlighting flesh on 6 mounted crossbowmen, 5 Averland highwaymen, and 5 Aver River boatmen.  The latter 10 guys are used as free company in my Averland army.  Those are made from the old militia kit, and a few other bits thrown into the mix.

Artoban was in there doing some hobbying so will bump him up to 2 days as well.  And Mids even joined in on the fun, and will include him here,  too.

Updating ...

This Week's Tally
1 Day ... Midaski
2 Days ... Gankom, Artoban, GP
3 Days ... Novogrod, SKS