home

Author Topic: The roll of Honour  (Read 1930 times)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
The roll of Honour
« on: June 09, 2005, 08:24:44 AM »
In this stick please post your army lists, generals names and historys. Both as a record and as a means of shareing and commenting on our current thinking.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
The roll of Honour
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 01:09:16 PM »
My forces so far have been lead by the Noble and just Marshall Gernot himself. Twice he has taken the field and twice triumphed over the Stirlanders.

The Marshall fights on foot, among his beloved state soldiers, and wears his full plate armour, wields his family greatsword "Häretischer Teiler" and carries the Blessed Symbol of the Ottilia's (counts as a holy relic)
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline episteme

• Members
The roll of Honour
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 07:37:52 AM »
I present to you, Lord Gottfried Heinrich Pappenheim, (my general) slayer of untold evils. He is one of the richest Lords of Carroburg having enough money for a Griffon which he rides to battle from time to time.

My army consists of a large unit of the famous Carroburg greatswords, to meet the fluff and because they have never let me down. Mainly state troops, with few militia. Some artillery but it is kept to a minimum. Detachment rules and hammer units of knights win battles in my army.  :)
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Der Komet

• Members
The roll of Honour
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 04:37:52 AM »
It is my pleasure to introduce my general  Kurt von Feuerbach lord and commander of the first Talabec response division.

Kurt's childhood was plagued by deadly disease that was declared uncureable by the most expensive doctors in all of the empire.His mother distraught  by the potential loss of her son consorted with a tainted servant who promised that by praying to one of the fell gods of chaos, her son would be saved. She was caught during the ritual by her husband whom being a staunch hater of chaos had her burnt at the stake.

Broken by the loss of his wife Kurts father blamed his second son who's disease was the cause of her consorting with the chaos gods and sent him to live with his uncle who owned a forestry business.After becoming well versed in the use of an axe and defeating many beastman raids Kurt used his name to join the Talabecland army as an officer. He worked his way up through the ranks very quickly and currently commands his own division designed to respond to the many threats to the saftey of Talabecland.

His division consists mostly of elite fencers, whose experience more than makes up for thier scruffy attire, a couple of mortars, local mercenaries and vagabonds (free company), a few knights, and some crazed loonies.

He rides his faithful warhorse among his fencers weilding his trademark great axe and under the protection of a mysterious patrion :?  
(holy relic)
If everything seems to be going well then you obviously don't know what the hells going on.~(Murpheys law)

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
The roll of Honour
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 12:13:56 AM »
The Estemed Kluas Badelt Commands the Forces of Talabecland's Revenge.
Riding his barded warhorse, he charges into the fray at the head of his knights with his full plate armour and greatsword, Ulric's Bride. He, being the son of a wealthy nobleman, owns two cannons, and has raised numerous units of spearmen and hangunners from his hometown. He has a single, large group of swordsmen, hailing from the far north, which are supported by halbierders.
His friend and companion, Hans Zimmer, leads his foot troops into battle, accompanied by the Great Pyromancer, Howard Shore. The real leader, as his friend is somewhat lacking in tactical prowess, Zimmer takes the fight to the enemy in the Armour of Metoric Iron, weilding the Hammer of the Ottillia (great weapon). Armed with the Rod of power, Howard Shore is an excellent Wizard, and has achieved his second rank in the Colleges of Fire.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Justin Hill

• Members
  • Marienburg Freeswords
The Helmstrumburg Halberdiers
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:29:26 PM »
The Army of Southern Talabecland led by the one and only Sigmund Jorg!   :x

Sigmund Jorg is the son of a former greatsword and sometime alcoholic: who has been given captaincy of the Helmstrumburg Halberdiers - otherwise known as the Ragged Company: a battle-hardened bunch who care less about appearance than about killing the enemy.  

After leading his men in a number of deadly engagements fighting orcs and beastmen, Sigmund Jorg is popping over the border to uphold Talabecland honour.

Pretty themed army: two units of halberdiers, some swordsmen and lots of free company - one mortar - yet to be named - and some highway patrol men conscripted in as pistoliers.  Human horde - still learning how the whole thing works - but it's not too different to my usual dogs of war, and one draw so far.

Offline Archaon

• Members
  • The Everchosen
The roll of Honour
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 01:38:32 PM »
By strange coincindence, the warband of Ulugin the Change Master, has been attacking only Stirland and Middenhiem armies, and avoiding the armies of the Talabec. Perhaps the exalted one prefers their colour scheme, or maybe he even supports their cause. The Talabeclanders are in an awkward position regarding this madman loose in Ostermark. Do they attack him, and risk the Wrath of Tzeentch? or should they restrain, and allow this lunatic to continue, and spread Chaos throughout Ostermark?

The Change Master himself rides on his Daemonic steed, Felicity, and holds the Staff of Tzeentch, granting him incredible power. His weapon of choice is a simple greatsword, which he ripped from the cold hands of a Stirlander in his previous battles.
Proud user of an Empire General