home

Author Topic: When does it end  (Read 8722 times)

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
When does it end
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 08:59:44 PM »
Not for us! We aren't adding to the Riot control rate!! Hahahahahahah!!!!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Rorrak

• Members
When does it end
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 07:55:32 AM »
Just for the record - everyone does realize that it is mathematically impossible to capture Bechafen with Skirmishes?

Seriously and utterly improbable but possible.

Let me see if I understand this.

A post at Bechafen earns 400 points for the poster and 200 for the riots.

To take control you need 50% more CR than the total of the others. In terms of this once off calculation you need to beat 300 wich you have done by 100 points.  So if you are the only faction posting skirmishes you will gain by 100.

[edit] Doh ! Submited before I was done.

The big problem is that a  single skirmish by the opposition undoes the value of 9 skirmishes.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
When does it end
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 08:01:53 AM »
Eh?

You're right.

Oh well, it remains a very poor man's way of taking the town :-D By now it's probably mathematically impossible to do so within the remaining rounds.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Rorrak

• Members
When does it end
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2005, 08:07:51 AM »
Yep,

Just a rough calculation says that if no one else posts any more reports at Bechafen you will require 1050 skirmish games :)

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
When does it end
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2005, 10:34:40 AM »
Wow, let's go for it! :P

Seriously, while it might not help to actually take the town, it helps with making your points total higher. I think than none of the three factions will ever be able to take Bechafen anyway... What's not to say that you can't try. :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
When does it end
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 01:46:55 PM »
As I understand it for a faction to take Bechafen it has to amass a total higher than the combined total of the Riots and the other 2 factions? :?:

Looking at the other scores it would seem that for that to happen, and based on total points average per faction per round so far, -
- one faction would need to post everything they have at Bechafen for the last 3 rounds, whilst neither of the other factions posts anything or any skirmishes as well................ and even then it still might not happen. :-D

....so as I suggested Bechafen will still be contested at the end. :wink:

So what we are really saying is that there will not be a winner.......... it is all a carefully stage managed draw................ so that the return bout/campaign will be a sell-out...............

Hey General - you're not DON KING in disguise........ :?:

Quick  :?:  - if Stirland have no access to Bechafen, can they still post skirmishes.........?????
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
When does it end
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 09:15:44 PM »
I would think no because of the rules... skirmishes may not be battle reports per-se but they are none-the-less posted in the battle reports section, and you can't post a battle report in an area you have no access to. But on another note the fluff implies that all the forces of the factions are already embedded in Bechafen, so it would be fluff wise sensible to say yes.

With that being said the Campaign Team probably didn't mean for the campaign to be a draw at Bechafen, it was more likely a lucky accident encouraged by the skirmishes. And besides from what I understand if they did that they'd have pulled a GW Storm of Chaos.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline TheBuilder

• Members
When does it end
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 12:18:08 AM »
I think in a future campaign it would be more interesting to see many more locations that fall more easily.  The decisions and strategies right now are little limited.  This could allow surprise attacks and such and more manuevering.
The long road back to Stirland...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
When does it end
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 12:54:14 AM »
Part of the reason for locations taking so long to fall is the fact that the campaign is not automated (automated as in counted in real time by a computer program). If things had gone as planned a location could be captured in as little as 24 hours.

However these are the problems we face since our programmer disappeared without a trace.
 :roll:  :evil:  :-x
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
When does it end
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 07:49:19 PM »
<theme music to X-Files>
Maybe he was... abducted!!!

Even though I don't know the guy I do hope hes okay.
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
When does it end
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 11:20:09 PM »
He’s completely fine. Its us that are hurting.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.