home

Author Topic: Round 8 Results - Talabeclanders take Bechafen!  (Read 3769 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Round 8 Results - Talabeclanders take Bechafen!
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:47:01 PM »
Round 8 has been processed, and it looks like the campaign has reached a fitting crescendo! There was much hard fighting, and finally, the prize of Bechafen has been claimed.

As per usual, the website will be updated tomorrow, when the Round 9 Conditions & Modifiers are announced.

Bechafen
In spite of stiff Middenlander resistance, Marshall Gernot's furious assault upon the town, led by the "Kaiserinn" corps guerillas, swept all before it. The heights of atrocity that have marked Bechafen for so many weeks have ended quite abruptly, as among Gernot's regiments march many Ostermarker volunteers. Recruited at Waldschmidt, no small number of them are former Bechafen residents, out to reclaim their homes and shops. Looters and infiltrators scattered before Gernot's relentless advance, and an armed peace has settled over most of the town. At the Rathaus, now Gernot's headquarters, the yellow-and-red flies proudly.

Talabecland gained 52,725 points
Middenland gained 8775 points
The RIOTS decreased by 30,750 points

Round 8 Control rates:

Stirland: 22,750
Talabecland: 75,475
Middenland: 33,825
RIOT: 0

Bechafen is now CONTROLLED by Talabecland!

The Uneasy Watchman

The Stirland war effort is crippled beyond repair. Soldiers and officers alike desert the province of Ostermark in great, somber columns. One by one, Graf Martin's allies withdraw their support. The Grand Theogonist and the Army of the Church - the size of which, it turns out, has been greatly exaggerated - have arrived at the Höhleburg; thus far, however, the army has remained encamped just South of the Burg, and Kurt has not yet left his chambers since he arrived.

In spite of these dark tidings, heroic efforts continue to be made. A handful of stubborn officers attempt to raise the spirits of the troops, reform decimated regiments into effective fighting formations, and make daring raids to procure desperately needed supplies from their enemies. Of particular note was the return of General Von Wensel to the ranks of the Stirlanders.

Having escaped from his captors, he made the dangerous trek South from Fort Grigory, past the Uneasy Watchman, back to the Höhleburg - alone and on foot. Upon his return, he immediately set about securing the ultimate withdrawal of the Stirlanders. Knowing offense to be the best defense, he had Martin's armoured siege towers stripped of their top sections, and, gathering about a brigade's worth of troops around him, used these as mobile cover while attacking the Uneasy Watchman.

The attack, as expected, was a tactical failure. However, the decapitated siege towers provided a solid rallying point for Von Wensel's brigade, offered them protection from the Alliance guns, and - being stocked with handgunners and light cannon - formed a firebase to keep the deadly Kislevite cavalry at a distance. The fighting occupied the Middenlanders and Kislevites to the point where they could mount no meaningful assault on the Höhleburg. When Von Wensel and his men retreated, having suffered remarkably few casualties, they had doubtlessly allowed many times their own number to escape South, to safety.

Stirland gained 11,000 points
Middenland-Kislev gained 6,000 points

Round 8 Control Rates:

Stirland: 88,800
Middenland-Kislev: 92,650

In other news:

Kaltenbach
Middenland gained 3,000 points, pushing the score up to 39,950

Udo's Fall
Stirland gained 1,600 points, to 52,350
Talabecland gained 1,850 points, to 69,400

Brüstenbruck
Talabecland gained 4,400 points, to 13,850

Stand by for Round 9: Closing Statements tomorrow!
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 11:29:33 PM »
We did it! :happyjoy:

I must admit that I didn't expect this. It seems like every one of our members has been saving battles for this round. The sheer number of battles posted was just staggering! :shock:  :shock:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 04:17:22 AM »
Glory to Gernot and Talabecland.

However there is a round left and General H. has promised some surprises...
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 07:33:18 AM »
Congratulations to the Talabec Faction.

I seriously doubted it was possible for ONE faction to take control, and our monitoring of the scores seems to have lost about 9000pts, but then my maths are occasionally suspect. :wink:

However they pulled 31 battles out, and our faction could only manage 12 and along with Stirland's 12 - the team that kept going to the end gets it's just rewards.

I doubt that the final round will change much - a couple of our regular members are off this weekend to a national tourney, and support seems to be dwindling.
 :wink:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 07:35:21 AM »
The sheer number of battles posted was just staggering!

Ain't that the truth! :largh:

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 09:51:35 AM »
Quote from: Midaski
I doubt that the final round will change much - a couple of our regular members are off this weekend to a national tourney, and support seems to be dwindling.
 :wink:

Dwindling support? Jep, that's what I was thinking too. Speaking for myself, the school holidays are over (in Belgium, at least, don't know about other countries), and that kinda' limits the number of battles one can play, even though I only start in three weeks (aaah... university :wink: ). I managed to find enough opponents for one last round, but won't be as lucky this week.

And surely Midaski, that national tourney is a good thing? Lots of battles to play that you can report afterwards! :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:35:48 AM »
Well if the round ends on Monday yes we can report those battles but we have to fly back after the tourny on Sunday evening.

Due to rumours of a short round we suspect the last round will be closed already.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 10:36:25 AM »
Last round closes on the 17th, Calvin time - sorry guys.