home

Author Topic: The War is Over!  (Read 5052 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
The War is Over!
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »
The cold shroud of Winter falls over Ostermark. Campaigning draws to a close as the land freezes and the snow begins to pile up. Across the province, those miserable soldiers that are not sent home make their quarters in occupied towns, villages and hamlets. The Ostermarkers prepare for a long, hard season - the war has devestated the land and the armies have plundered the winter stocks. Famine will claim many lives before Spring returns.

The War of Ostermark Succession is over! What a trip it has been. Hundreds of battles - all processed by hand - were reported from all over the globe. We don't have the exact figures in yet but I'm sure they are pretty impressive. Huge amounts of effort were piled onto locations that shall forever be remembered as the sites of bloody battle - The Uneasy Watchman, Rhya's Sisters, Udo's Fall, and of course, Bechafen. Nail-biters.

In the end, though, there can be only one winner, and I think there's little question as to which faction took the prize. After a blistering offensive in Round 8, taking Bechafen by storm, the Talabeclanders are left with a firm foothold in Ostermark, so they get the best lodging this winter!

The Middenland-Kislev alliance comes in a close second. Throughout the campaign, they have fought like one would expect of wolves and bears. Especially, they have always measured their efforts precisely and kept a cool head, even when the tide seemed to be against them sometimes.

The late Graf Martin's army may be on the retreat, but not in shame - the rearguard action fought by a cadre of committed Stirlander generals is certainly worthy of recognition. Through their dedication to the very end, the Höhleburg remains a Stirlander stronghold, and a bulwark against raiders who would hound the retreating army, and those seeking to raid and plunder the Southern Ostermark or even Stirland itself.

There's a lot still coming up. Over the next days, I'll be bashing these forums into their after-action shape. You will notice the Battle Report and Faction forums have disappeared; don't worry, they're only hidden until we decide what to do with them. Expect to see an "Evaluation and Nostalgia" forum come online soon, where the staff will be looking for feedback while you sit around and share tall tales with your fellow generals. Also, the final Journal is in the works, to wrap up all the loose ends we've now left you with :)

In the not-so-distant future, we also hope to have a couple of more treats for you!

For now, however, I leave you, on behalf of the staff, with my gratitude: Thank you for sticking with us while we took our sweet time in getting this thing on the road. Thank you for participating and making this a great campaign!

Good night,

--GH
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 09:04:59 PM »
... I love you guys  :crybaby: ...

Well done  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 09:35:33 PM »
... I love you guys  ...

Erm... I'll just leave it at... erm... I like you as a friend, if it's all the same to you guys  :wink: .

Anyway thanks for all the hard work, can't wait for the next campaign  :-D .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
The War is Over!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 11:30:06 PM »
lol, don't like the touchy feely, eh Demonslayer?

But seriously, thanks for a great campaign, and hope there are more to come!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 06:58:43 AM »
I do actually, just not with other men  :P ...
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline HoS

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 08:32:18 PM »
Ok, I was going to keep going on in that vein, but thought it better not to. Lol, sorry for starting it in the first place.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 10:51:27 PM »
So many openings... must... not... respond... with... witty... retort!
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 08:19:16 AM »
Go ahead, punk. Make my day. :twisted:

Offline reiksmarshall

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 08:16:49 PM »
And so the fighting (and touchy feely :lol: ) spreads out from the streets of Bechafan into this forum. Oh the shame :-D Id like to say a big thank you, even though i only played two battles for the campaign (one of which wasnt reported :roll: ), especially to the organisers. Bravo :clap:
Supreme Commander of the Emperor's glorious armies, Grand Marshall of the Guardians of the Reik and Founder of the Anti-Helbalster Foundation!

Offline xnet445

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 12:52:35 AM »
Thanks to all, I had a great time with the campaign.  Now that we have made a strategic withdrawal, I think I'll take my boys down to the lands of the Border Princes.  Should be a good place to lick our wounds while we await our chance to return.
Quote from: sawgunner101
(these rumors are) like getting a free candy bar, but only if you let somebody kick you in the nuts first.
[/quote

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 01:17:37 PM »
And so the fighting (and touchy feely  ) spreads out from the streets of Bechafan into this forum

I think us Stirlanders have left just in time, then. If you wolfy guys want to get all touchy feely with one another that's fine by me, but leave me out of it! :wink:

Offline HoS

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 02:57:28 PM »
Lol, nah Demonslayer, we keep the touchy feely to our own factions, wouldn't want to migle with them weaklings, the Mids :wink:
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
The War is Over!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 06:49:51 PM »
And that's supposed to be reassuring :wink: ? Tallies getting touchy feely with other Tallies :shock: ?
I truly joined the right faction, then... we might have lost, but there was no touchy felly-ness... at least not that I know of  :wink: .