home

Author Topic: Welcome to Evaluation & Nostalgia!  (Read 3809 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Welcome to Evaluation & Nostalgia!
« on: September 27, 2005, 04:45:21 PM »
Well, the war is over - hard-fought and, generally, quite successful as far as online campaigns go. What's this forum still here for then?

Let's go back in time a little bit: This campaign was intended as a "test balloon", to see if we at Warhammer-Empire.com had the right stuff to create and maintain an online campaign. This includes everything: Conceptualizing, staff recruitment, design, storytelling, artwork, rules & scenarios, publishing, webdesign & maintenance, results processing, board moderation - you name it, we did it.

It's quite obvious that not everything went entirely as we'd hoped. In the design phase especially, we ran into about four months of delay when the engine didn't come through. After switching to "Plan B", there were bumps and glitches as we had to learn to work with our improvised system on the fly. Also, in terms of game-play, there was a noticeable drop in Stirlander participation after Rounds 5 and 6 - obviously due to disappointing battle results, but could we have done more to keep the campaign interesting for everyone without simply "propping up" a losing faction?

Also, some parts of the campaign came out a good deal better than we had anticipated. The Newsletters that were produced in the run-up were of astonishing quality; the storytelling throughout the campaign was brilliant; participation on the whole was far higher than expected; the artwork was plentiful and very in-character.

This forum remains here, primarily, to assess everything that went right or wrong. If we are to produce another campaign in the not-too-distant future, we want to make sure we keep up the good stuff and improve the bad. To get the juices flowing, there will be a few dedicated topics stickied to the top of this forum, but you should feel absolutely free to start your own. We need your feedback!

As a secondary purpose, we're sure there's plenty of legends and tall tales you want to share with your fellow participants. This is the place to do it. Recount your favorite moments of the war, lament your humiliating defeats, taunt your conquered foes - all in good spirit, of course!

Cheers,

--The Campaign Team
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Re: Welcome to Evaluation & Nostalgia!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 05:48:54 PM »
Quote from: General Helstrom
taunt your conquered foes

Haha, that is where we come in, right? :wink:
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
Re: Welcome to Evaluation & Nostalgia!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 03:30:02 PM »
Quote from: Helblaster_Of_Sigmar
Quote from: General Helstrom
taunt your conquered foes

Haha, that is where we come in, right? :wink:

I think that's obvious. Listen, can somone remind me when it ended? I've forgotten. I saw it on here once, then forgot where I saw it.

Offline valmir

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »
Wow. That's some pretty extreme Necromancy you got there.

I'm pretty sure it ended roughly when this thread was started. I'm sure if you go rummaging through the campaign forum you will be able to find a more specific date (for, say, the last turn).
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I'm pretty sure the dwarfs are carved from refined suck. I'd rather build an army out of lego.

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 12:22:08 AM »
@noble: Yes, but as one of the Talabecland Tacticians, I was refering to our most glorious victory...lol, it was sooooo great.
Gave into the WoW.