home

Author Topic: Discussion: Background & Storytelling  (Read 4511 times)

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
Discussion: Background & Storytelling
« on: September 28, 2005, 10:37:34 AM »
The most powerful aspect of this campaign was probably the storytelling. In fact, the very key to playing in a campaign in the first place, is to add that extra dimension to your battles - being part of an evolving story, rather than just a one-off dice fest. A lot of work went into setting up a credible, characterful background story, and a host of supporting stories and sub-plots were used to flesh out the War of Ostermark Succession. Arguably the most difficult part was keeping up with the campaign as it developed.

How did you like the storyline and the way it was presented? Was there too much or too little? Were there things you missed? How about the in-game stories, ie. those included in the journals - do you feel they fit well with the earlier work? Did you read all of it?
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:46:15 AM »
Sorry, not much to say, but here goes:

1) I read everything, and it was all wonderful, I now even refuse to read the army books by GW cause they are so corny!

2) The fiction contest was awesome, and I just wish I had gotten in on it. I love to write.(I also love to be right :wink: )

3) well, um, I felt if I was going to use numbers that there should be a three, so...... Can I get in on the next campaign as part of the campaign team?      *gets big puppy dog eyes* pleeeeeaaaseee??
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 10:25:47 AM »
Can I get in on the next campaign as part of the campaign team?

Well, if the campaign is set in the warp itself, you'll need him. He's the only once whom's logic is twisted enough to actually write fluff for the warp ;).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 03:02:15 PM »
You should have seen this one article that I was going to post in the Imperial Office! It was set in the warp, and it was awesome. But I can be " logical" if I want, I just like being absurd better as conventional logic is so....
.. conventional :wink:
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 03:13:26 PM »
Hence the description "conventional" logic  :roll:  :wink: .

Anyway, I liked the campaign stories and background very much... just wish there were more stories about Stirlanders than those of "and he shot himself...". It was all pretty much T-land and M-land, especially at the end (though I realize that at that point, there were hardly any Stirlanders left).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 08:02:58 PM »
I liked the plot very much.  That was basically all the time I really had for Warhammer, reading.  Even still I couldn't read everything.  But to be honest, I'd rather have too much in that area than too little.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 10:33:45 PM »
@ Demonslayer:Haha, very witty.

I think that hardly anything could have been done to better the newsletters; they were excellent.
Gave into the WoW.