home

Author Topic: Archers & Huntsmen. It would be nice if they didn't suck!  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Pistol Pete

• Members
  • Pistolicious!
Archers & Huntsmen. It would be nice if they didn't suck!
« on: August 16, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »
Currently I believe our archers are overpriced at 8 points.  They can hardly kill anything in combat or shooitng, and since the big skirmsher nerf of the 7th ed (they're now march-blockable), they can't manuever very well either.

Our other troops got cheaper, but the archer got worse and stayed at the same points level. 

Here's what I'd like to see:

Archer: 7 points

Skirmishers.  Hand weapon, bow.  May take a long bow for 1 point, or may instead take a shield for 1 point.  A musician (hunting horn, 5 pts) option would be nice to help them rally when they flee.

Huntsman: 9 points

Scouts, Skirmishers.  Hand Weapon, Longbow.  May swap thier longbows for bows and an additional hand weapon for 1 point.  Musician, hunting horn, 5 pts.  Also, lets go back to the 5-man minimum for huntsmen, while we're at it.

This makes them marginally cheaper, but gives you a bit of added combat survivability or range (you choice) if you prefer.

Huntsmen would actually be able to be fairly effective at traditional scout duties with an extra hand weapon, unlike thier current incarnation where they are a 100 point unit of suck, whose only useful function is as a march blocker (and since they get march blocked too, they're not even particularly good at that these days!).  They're certainly not worth a damn for killing anything in the current environement.
Desperately seeking Chaos Warrior heads & Skull banner tops from new empire missle troops sprue.  Will trade for bitz, barter, or $$$.  PM or email me to discuss details.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: Archers & Huntsmen. It would be nice if they didn't suck!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:53:21 AM »
Good idea!

But we already have new archer models, so they won't need to sell many more of them when next edition comes out. Chances are the archers won't improve much.  :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...