home

Author Topic: Army book: additional Engineer items  (Read 4698 times)

Offline kk14

• Members
Army book: additional Engineer items
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »
 Please comment on various ideas posted here, or add your own

Telescopic targeting monacle (5 points)
The Engineer has +1 to hit with handheld weapons that use BS.

Grenadoes 7-15 points(?):
Usable only as a stand and shoot reaction. d6 shots, S4, AP. Range 6"/8"(?). The Engineer still rolls to hit, and note that there is no -1 penalty for multi-shot, even when a number higher than 1 is rolled.

Magic Disruption Device: 15 points. All casters within 15", or casting a spell with effects within 15", of the engineer get -1 to their casting rolls and -1 to their miscast rolls. Also, they cannot be prevented from miscasting if they roll two 1s.

Magic Nullification Device: 25 points. As a dispel scroll.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:50:32 AM by kk14 »
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Army book: additional Engineer items
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:04:31 AM »
Remove the dispel scroll.

Don't bow to people in that regard. The Engineer in the Dwarf book doesn't have such an item, thats why they have Runesmiths. We shouldn't also.

Remove the Robohorse by the way.

I think the Grenade Launching Blunderbuss should be what you described as the Grenades rule. As it stands now, the Grenade Launching Blunderbuss is not good.

Reaaly like the Taregtting monocle.

Will post proper listing next week.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:19:03 AM »
The engineer in the dwarf book can take a plate mail and a great weapon either you make our engineer close combat too or let him help in the magic department a hero choice (an expensive one on top of that) that only works in one phase and doesn´t even grant better leadership is no option anyone but a fluff bunny will ever take.

Other than that I think some stuff like placing a terrain piece, fortifying one position, allowing one unit to move in from any board edge (cartagropher)  would make the choice more juicy if you want to keep him totally useless on the battlefield.

Offline kk14

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 06:48:56 PM »
Dispel Scroll: yeah, remove. It's not necessary, or even fair.
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline Davido

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »
I wreckon a jackhammer would be pretty cool, d3 str 5 close combat attacks with ap for 25 pionts.

maybe a telescope that lets you pre measure the battlefield before deployment.
Yay my rocket battery finally killed something.What do you mean those are my halberdiers.

Offline Scrollock

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »
Love the monocle, and i agree, no dspl scroll.

10 pts, Baron Von so and so's Special Blend
adds +1 str to gunpowder weapon

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 01:39:54 AM »
maybe a telescope that lets you pre measure the battlefield before deployment.

This is interesting. Like surveyors equipment. Though I think that is what the reroll is supposed to achieve, but interesting idea...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.