home

Author Topic: For Sigmar! For the EMPIRE!  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
For Sigmar! For the EMPIRE!
« on: March 22, 2022, 03:30:32 PM »
As I wrote in another post I am picking up Empire again!

I am working from Warhammer Armies Project rules but am awaiting the new Warhammer the Old World aswell.

I have only a handful of old mementos left of my glorious Stirland army. I hung on to my wood elves and the painted high elves but I was so gutted by Age of Sigmar I could not field my old Stirlanders under any other ruleset. And when I needed money I found that used Empire stuff was much more profitable to sell.

But I have mix of painted and unpainted plastic that together with my old mortar and my trusty Ogre maneater Pekka will form a new army!

I am going for Nordland this time. Since I have mostly infantry left, save maybe bits to make 5 knights and maybe five pistoliers a force based on the Nordland marines seems perfect. They can alway sail down the Reik if they need too.

Warhammer Armies project have more or less killed the horde. You cannot have more ranks than you have files, so if you have a five wide unit you can only have 5 ranks.
As it stands I am looking at making 25 halberdiers and 25 swordsmen as core units. I really would like some spears or pikes but hey, you cannot get everything. I think there is material for maybe 20 more close combat troops, the rest is the latest missile troops.

1 unit of 10 - 14 handgunners, then I think there will be 2 units of 10 crossbows each and 10 huntsmen. And maybe 10 archers.

Some free company to act as detachments, being sailor shore parties or such.

Well, we will see were all this ends up.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Grudgie

• Members
  • Teenneessee
Re: For Sigmar! For the EMPIRE!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:55:17 PM »
The Horde rule in Warhamer Armies Project is gone (for the best in my opinion!) but infantry is still strong. The state troops rule for Empire is GOOD. Building a list made up of mostly 25 man bricks would be really competitive I think.