home

Author Topic: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - two completed units  (Read 14154 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - conversions
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
Still needs a competent hand to highlight it that way. I also failed to mention that for a non-professional or "non-mechanical" painter, your free-hand banner is quite good.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Re: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - two completed units
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »
Demigryph Knights Panther are done.

Less bling, more serious business. I didn't quite manage to get the little blue sheen on black fur that I had hoped for the cloaks. I tried drybrushing with ultrasmurf blue, but either it got too blue or too insignificant. So I covered up with two rounds of nuln oil, and the result is what you see. It was not what I had planned on but decent enough, so I decided to let it be.

I've had enough of knights and freehanding banners for a bit. Next I'll paint some entirely bog-standard halberdiers.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Demigryphs with 6e Knightly Orders riders - two completed units
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »
Ha! I was just seeing this thread again and was going to ask about the cloak.

No need, answer already provided, but it still looks good! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra