home

Author Topic: The Empire Master Engineer - Reloaded!  (Read 6820 times)

Offline Prince Nuada

• Members
  • ...there is only war!
The Empire Master Engineer - Reloaded!
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:16:54 AM »
I for one would like to see the Empire Master Engineer completely over-hauled.
To be honest, the 7th ed Master Engineer is a redundant joke.
Compare him to the Dwarf Engineer or even Skaven Warplock Enginseer and he does very little for your army for the cost in points & a hero slot.

I say loose all the gimmicky gizmos. He shouldn't need them! Close combat is no place for an engineer and he certainly does not need a horse (and let's be honest - the fluff behind the mechanical horse is just plain stupid).

Our Master Enginseer needs to LOOSELY follow a SIMILAR vein as the Dwarf Engineer.
•Light Armour - not essential but should be optional.
•Blackpower Weapons - very fluffy.
•Magic Items - these should not be an option for an engineer and if this is removed it would justify the inclusion of some special rules at a bargain price.
•Take a horse - why? See above. This means he can't join cavalry. This is fluffy.
•Join Handgunners - fluffy.
•Join Artillery - very fluffy.
•Ride in a Steam Tank - very, very fluffy! Basically like a character in a chariot.

Without blatently STEALING any ideas from the Dwarf Engineer, does anyone have any ideas for special rules options?
Quote from: Prince Nuada
If you cannot command, then you must obey.

grandmaster fred

Re: The Empire Master Engineer - Reloaded!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
perhaps  he may have the ability to allow seargents to take the special weaqponry that he currently has access to say a repater psitol on spearmen or the mechanical horse on a unit of cavalry. something along the lines of the skaven armoury options except no tail blades.

Offline The emperor 111

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
Would make sense to let you upgrade Handgunners and stuff?
Maybe what grandmaster said
Maybe like necron cryotechs so differant diverges ie black powder- upgrade points for handguns arty and such

Offline Claus79

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
Sadly he isnt getting a buff, except being able to use Look out sir from warmachines.
Even his BS is still 4

Claus

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:17:45 AM »
Sadly he isnt getting a buff, except being able to use Look out sir from warmachines.
Even his BS is still 4

Claus

Even the look out sire isn't new... he had that already it's just called by another name now
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Claus79

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:45:08 AM »
you are absolutly right sir :)

Offline Boddicker

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »
I've been lurking on this board for years now, hoping and praying that the Master Engineer gets a much needed overhaul.  Seems it might never happen.

:eusa_wall:

I'm starting a fluffy Nuln army so I might have 2 ME's.  Madness most of you would say but oh well.  Most of what I've been hearing is bad.  I hear they limited his ability to babysit warmachines, mechanical horse got nerfed, pigeon bombs got nerfed.  What good if anything did the ME get?

Offline Eisen

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 07:42:00 PM »
Personally I see the ME as having basically two uses now. Either. run him naked with one of the "Hel" war machines or put him on a horse with pigeon bombs.