home

Author Topic: Mammallia Role Playing Game Thread - Players Only.  (Read 17600 times)

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Mammallia Role Playing Game Thread - Players Only.
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2016, 08:18:15 PM »
Billy: The pig nods. "It'll be a few hours, it's one go per round. You can come back later." he smirks. "Maybe you'll win if everyone's drunk."

Humphrey: The little mouse nibbles on his cheese with a euphoric grin.

Boris & Humphrey: The colourful sheep takes you both up on stage along with two volunteer sheep and an excited vole. He calls five sheep over to the group and hands each of you a rock. Flipping them over you get a random number - Boris [Gets 2] and Humphrey. [Gets 5] 

You walk over to the chairs set up and your volunteer sits down. They are both obviously a bit nervous. [You can either try to calm them down or just get straight to cutting! - Roll 3D6 and declare which you intend to do.]
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2016, 09:10:15 PM »
"Don't worry my dear, you can tell from my excellent mousetash I have quite some experience working with hair" Humphrey twirls his oiled Mousetash, winking at the Ewe.

(4 +1 +5=10)
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 09:21:40 AM »
Boris smiles at the sheep he's been paired with, and speaks to him or her in a calm, pleasant tone. "Good day, friend. I'm very pleased to meet you. My name is Boris." He offers his hand to shake. "This is my first time shearing, so I'm hoping you'll give me the benefit of your expert advice as to how to proceed. I'm sure this will go brilliantly if we work together as a team."

[Trying to calm the sheep]
[3d6 = 4, 4, 4]

[I hope either my leadership or persuasion skill helps here!]
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 09:58:13 AM »
Billy laughs at the pig's remark. 'Doubtful, for I hope to be as inebriated as any would-be archer by then!'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 08:54:21 PM »
Humphrey: The sheep listens intently [combative test Sheep scores 8 against Humphreys 10 + 1 COM] and is impressed by your oiled moustache. Though she isn't sure what to make of your wink. She sits calmly and is ready to be sheered.

Boris: The sheep listens to Boris's words, clearly worried when he says that he is inexperienced. [combative test Sheep scores 14 against Boris 12 + 3 COM] But soon Boris finds out that he has charmed her and clearly she is actually quite chatty. "Well you want to start with the midriff and then go outwards, but not to close cause it can nip!" she says. "But I can help you with this, you seem nice ser!" [High score adds +2 to future test.]

As the pair of you take your sharp knives and carefully start to cut you can see that one of the other competitors isn't doing so well. The excited vole has done a terrible job so far and his volunteer is bleating loudly and angrily. It's a bit distracting, but you should be OK.

[Both test to complete the sheering. 3D6 and 1D6 seperately]

Billy: The pig laughs you off and gives you a clap on the back. But he's clearly done with this conversation. You suspect it will be several hours before you could have another go. Well after you are probably still interested.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »
Boris nods as the sheep instructs him on the proper procedure. "Thank you," he says, "I want to do the best job I can for you."

He starts to shear, going slowly and carefully.

[dice rolls: 3d6 = 4, 6, 4. D6 = 6]
[I'm not making these up!]
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2016, 10:32:04 PM »
(3d6 = 5, 4, 5. 1d6 = 3.)

Humphrey starts to Shear the Sheep.

"so, what have you got planned for the weekend"

Pass the machete.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2016, 02:12:21 PM »
Jack: You eye the cat suspiciously but he doesn't seem at all a threat. Infact, he looks like a cat doing magic for children and apparently easily amused badgers and dogs. As he heads over to the archery stand the pig gives him the same talk. [Assuming you're going to play, pay the entry fee and he will hand you a bow]
Jack opens his coin pouch and looks at the 13 remaining silvers.  He thinks ... this is why I'm in town, to see if I can find a way to get more coin. 

Then he says to the pig, "Sir, do you mind if I use my own bow?  I'll pay ya the 3 silvers anyway just to enter, and we'll see how the three arrows fly?"

Jack waits for the pig to give his indication, and then enters the contest.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2016, 09:14:22 PM »
Boris: Very carefully he clips the sheeps wool as the sheep tells him what to do. It turns out she's been doing this a long time and gives you invaluable advice. As your large hands move surprisingly deftly [14+1 Accuracy = 15+6 Stunt points] you feel like you could probably do something to your own fur, almost like you were born to it. [6 Stunt points allow you to do something additional and unexpected, you can spend up to six points on any combination. As it is a stunt point you can be fairly assured that it will go well. I will knock together some charts at some point with all options in, but these are the options for RP that are relevant. If you do something, you have to make a good RP of it!]

[1: Incredibly witty remark
2: Sway the crowd!
3: Stunned silence.
3: Funny joke
4: Flirt in an odd inter species way.
4: Tower of Will - +1 to everything involving for the remainder of the fair.
5: Enrage - Really piss someone else off.]

Humphrey: "Well." she begins excitedly. "I'm going to go with my sister to my cousins Veronicas house! Her brother Marcus is having a party and he's inviting his friend Barry.. He has the nicest wool, I mean, they made a coat out of it for the mayor! The MAYOR!" she bleats on. "That sheep is going places and I want to go on... with him!" She is particularly sassy. [14+1 Accuracy = 15] As you clean the wool you call for some oil that is spare at the competition and begin to twist and turn the wool into interesting shapes. Your volunteer seems excited. "This is going to look so rad!" she says optimistically.

Jack: The pig looks like he couldn't really care less about which bow is used, though he does check it over to make sure you're not cheating. "Fine." he gruffs. "You get three shots like the others."

Pulling out his bow he takes aim for his first shot. [Minor action aim - 6+6+4+1 Bonus + 4 Accuracy = 21] The arrow thumps into the middle of the target and nearly goes through it! Releasing a triumphant howl onlookers gasp in astonishment. Eagerly he pulls out his second arrow. [Minor action aim 5+2+2+1 bonus + 4 accuracy = 14] Whilst not nearly as good as the first shot the second arrow hits the seven point ring in a very respectable way. Jack is more restrained for his third shot and takes a better aim. [Minor action aim - 5+4+6+1 Bonus + 4 Accuracy = 20] The crowd woop in amazement as the final arrow is millimetres away from the first and solidly in the centre ring. You bark several times in a proud manner as the pig looks suitably impressed!

"Well Ser Dog. That's 27 points. You're the best so far aside from that fox, but he's long gone. It's like you'll be the winner for this round, unless another challenges soon!"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
Boris is rather surprised by how well the shearing is going. He's glad, because he'd be embarrassed if he made a mess of the sheep's wool. He suddenly feels inspired: why not clip some sort of stripe motif into the remaining wool? After all, stripes are extremely attractive as all animals know.

He carefully clips the wool off in layers, so that there are alternating stripes at two different lengths. Feeling artistic, he also gives the stripes an appealing curve. His intention is to give the sheep a distinguished, badger-style look.

"I'd like to use dye, really," Boris tells the sheep, "to give the stripes better contrast. But you can do that later, if you want."

Boris keeps going. As he works, he starts to tell an amusing story about a foppish poodle lord who was tricked by a cunning raccoon into having all his fur shaved off. It's an old story, with an obvious moral about the vanity of the rich and powerful. But he tells it well, and his deep voice carries well. When he reaches the story's punchline about the poodle-lord's exposed genitals, the crowd go wild with amusement!

[Funny joke! Sway the crowd!]
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »
"Barry eh? well he'll be luck to have you I reckon. How about I do something nice and special, make sure you get his attention!"

Humphrey will trim her wool before applying a heavy coat of oil. He makes a row of horizontal spikes on her back before twirling the end of each, the same way he twirls the end of his mousetache.

The effect essentially looks like a line of mousetaches down her back!

Pass the machete.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »
Boris: The sheep looks very happy with its striped motif, though clearly it wanted to have dye too. Shame that there wasn't time. As he tells the joke the crowd is largely focused on him, as is one of his competitors who accidentally sheers the wrong section off resulting in his volunteer quitting loudly.

Humphrey: The sheep blushes when you say that Barry would be lucky to have her, clearly shes touched that you care so much. As you work she does seem to become a bit more concerned with the volume of oil and she makes a few worried statements about open flames and being somewhat flammable. Still, she is particularly impressed with the sheer effort, if it is a tad bizarre.

After a short while and ever increasing artwork on the sheep the sheermaster calls an end to the proceedings and declares that the loudest cheer will designate the winner of the coin. He begins with the other three entrants who don't elicit much response, especially the one whose volunteer fled. As he comes to Humphrey and Boris its a much closer battle. After a rowdy cheer for Humphrey, Boris just trumps him with his hilarious penis joke having won the crowd over. The host grabs him a bag of coins and hands it to him.

As the crowd whoops in amusement you hear the town bell ring not far off. It's beer o clock and the bar is supposed to open formally!

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2016, 10:10:53 AM »
a dark look passes over Humphrey's face, addressing the sheermaster, "That was obviously a fix Ser, have you ever seen anything like this on a mere Sheep before? And the crowd certainly cheered louder for me"

before the amused cheers from the crowd jolt his composure back into place. "Ah I jest of course, a worthy winner who has turned a sheep into a badger. "

Humphrey offers a handshake to the Badger "If the beer tent is now opened perhaps the first round is on the winner and his new purse, my comrade in arms and shears"

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
"Thank you, friends," Boris tells the crowd as he's awarded the prize. He bows. "I'm honoured by the support of the good people of Truffleton. But I couldn't have done it without the help of my new friend here." He indicates the sheep he sheared. "So, I'd like to donate three gold from the prize to a charitable group to help unfortunate people in Truffleton. And I'd like to share the rest with my sheep comrade."

Boris will keep one gold of the prize, give one to the sheep he sheared, and donate three to charity.

He warmly accepts Humphrey's handshake. "You did an excellent job, friend," he tells him, "I think you should have won. I'll gladly buy you a drink."

Boris goes to the beer tent to see what's available!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2016, 11:32:31 AM »
Humphrey's fur stands on end when he sees the Badger giving away 80% of his winnings but sizing up a potentially useful friend, handy at fighting and generous with his purse, Humphrey will accompany Boris to the beer tent.

"too kind, too kind. I don't think we've been properly introduced despite already fighting beside each other. Name's Humphrey Bartholomew Albert Cadogan the 4th, Humphrey of course to my friends"

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2016, 11:42:18 AM »
"Good to meet you, Humphrey," Boris says, "I'm Boris Deepburrow. Formerly of Ruff, but now a badger of the world. What type of beer do you favour? I'm sure they have some good brews here. I like a dark, heavy ale myself. Dark and cool as the earth in a burrow.

"I hope our other comrades from the arena join us for a drink."

Boris will buy drinks for himself, Humphrey, and for the other party members if they show up!
If I wanted to.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2016, 01:49:53 PM »
Jack turns to the pig running the archery contest and says, "So is there going to be some sort of a final round where the winners of the previous rounds will face off to see who wins, places, and shows?"

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2016, 09:46:24 AM »
Jack: The pig running the contest looks at him blankly. "Maybe, but you'd have to hang around all day and you probably have better things to do right? This is just a fair."

Boris & Humphrey: You walk over to the beer tent and appear to be one of the first customers. It's a big blue and white striped canopy full of benches, on the edge of the tent is a big wooden carving of a smiling sheep holding a tankard, it's the well known brand logo of Beer McFluff, the greatest brewer in the region. At the rear of the tent is a bar with several rows of oaken barrels, but not as many as you'd think should be there. They only fill about two thirds of the area and there are clearly several gaps. When you ask for a drink they have several beers on offer, including, but not limited to Professor Hoppenhimers Brew, Moletown Molarremover, Purrfect Punch and more. Whilst these are all perfectly adequate beer you know that none of these are made by Beer McFluff and his section is clearly missing. The bartender, a upset looking sheep asks what you would like to drink.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2016, 12:18:35 PM »
Jack: The pig running the contest looks at him blankly. "Maybe, but you'd have to hang around all day and you probably have better things to do right? This is just a fair."
Jack continues the conversation, "So if I pop back here a little bit later in the day, then there'll be a final round and that's when the prizes will be awarded if we win?"

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »
Jack: "if you are around come on by! I'm not planning on it but we can see!"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
"Good afternoon," Boris says to the bartender. "A pint of Professor 's please, and whatever my friend wants." He pauses. "Was there a problem with the the Beer McFluff delivery?"
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2016, 06:29:03 AM »
The sheep almost breaks down and tears may form part of your brew as she pours. "its not arrived yet.." She sniffs away from the beer. "I was expecting it hours ago. McFluff couldn't come himself so he sent some of his apprentice pigs to deliver it but they haven't showed! I'm worried about what's happened to them on the road." She finishes pouring and looks pointedly at Humphrey for his order for a second then continues. "Ser mouse, what can I get you? You want a mouse sized drink?...I told the guards about it, but they aren't concerned as its not that late. They don't understand that these boys are never late! McFluff would have their bacon is they were!" She realises how unprofessional she is being. "Sorry! I didn't mean to be so silly, its not your problem! Maybe I should get those lads who won the fighting earlier to go. Do you know them?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »
"You aren't being silly," Boris tells the sheep. "It's worrying that they haven't arrived on time. As it happens, my friends and I were the ones who won the arena fight. I can't speak for them, but perhaps we can look for the lost apprentices. Which road were they traveling on?"
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »
She bleats with relief! "Oh you are! That is wonderful, I can't pay you much, but I'm sure McFluff would be very pleased and reward you later!"

She moves around the other side of the bar. "They were coming from the south east, but the south road is the more dangerous! I'd start there!"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »
"Then the south road is where we'll look," Boris says to the sheep. "Try not to worry. It's probably nothing serious."

He drinks his beer quickly. "Well Humphrey," he says, "are you ready to go on a noble quest?"
If I wanted to.