home

Author Topic: Empire arcane journal wishlist  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Footpatrol2

• Members
Re: Empire arcane journal wishlist
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2024, 12:07:18 AM »
It would be kinda cool if we got cheap hunting hounds.

Offline Dazgrim

• Members
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2024, 11:44:40 PM »
Yeah, I didn't like that either. A sled pulled by wolves would look fantastic. That said, it could be a possibility for a Middenheim list... however with no model I am not certain.

Mash together the goblin wolf chariot/riders and the war alter?
Don't hug me I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Grenzstadt stands.

Offline lcmiracle

• Members
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2024, 03:12:55 AM »
Yeah, I didn't like that either. A sled pulled by wolves would look fantastic. That said, it could be a possibility for a Middenheim list... however with no model I am not certain.

Mash together the goblin wolf chariot/riders and the war alter?

Probably too much effort... the war altar's chained to the horses, which had the chains modelled onto them. If the chains were on the chariot it's something even casuals can do; but with the horses they are basically asking them to cut the chains off and re-glue/poxy them back to fit the wolves.

Looking at what the others got for their new units -- Bretonnia only has the bombard that requires a cannon and swapping that with some man-at-arms (or if you have too much money than sense, the Trebuchet crew); TK can simple put some Tomb Guards on the chariot or not put the Necropolis Knights on their mounts. So far in seems O&G gets the Black Orc Chariot (another simple model swap). The other units that require models not in 8E GW's O&G line being the Troll Hag and the Bonegrinder Giant (FW IIRC), and are back in production. The Ogre mercs can be used even without the re-release and no extra work needed.

Wolf mounted Knights maybe possible depending on if you can fit an Empire knight's legs on a Wolf Rider mount. And it's probably not a snug fit, either. If they do go with just the middenheim list, wolf hounds is the most obvious, the rest, like the Wolf Kins and Warriors of Ulric can be done with just a paintjob (that's how Wolf-kins were done in WD anyway). But if they do, I don't rate it high on the chance of a new empire knight release.

O&G literally gets just 1 new mini, no? And that's a footer. It'd be funny if we got a new jade wizard -- after all, the last jade wizard was this -- even the Amber wizard got two new release after that 4/5E one. Personally I'd hate it if the one new release is a general/captain again... I've got a bunch of those already.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2024, 09:14:27 AM »
Are there not 40k wolves that could be repurposed as fantasy wolves?

Offline lcmiracle

• Members
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2024, 09:36:31 AM »

A lot of work there. The Space wolves got the Thunderwolf Cavalry (I have 6 btw), the wolves mounts all got cybernetics. Also, wouldn't that be a weird to ask players to buy 40K minis in a TOW book? Also, pretty sure the thunderwolf cavs are huge compared to Empire barded warhorses, I don't think the knights can fit without breaking those legs.

The Fenrisian Wolf Packs may work, they are small, probably about the size of Wolf Riders', likely slightly larger -- but they don't have saddles on them.

Offline sedobren

• Members
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2024, 11:15:11 AM »

since demigryphs are scarce, i thought of using them (the Space wolves ones) with white wolves knights rider to represent middenlander demigryph knights. The size is basically the same and the cybernetic augmentations are pretty easily covered of sculpted away (except the cybernetic leg, but that is optional i think)

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2024, 11:50:16 AM »
Or they could have some barding