home

Author Topic: Turning point  (Read 1669 times)

Offline wojammer

• Members
Turning point
« on: August 17, 2005, 06:25:27 AM »
I see that T-land is attacking kaltenbach this could be our chance to breakout and reclaim our former positions.Having Kaltenbach and the uneasy watchmen contested in one turn would deal a serious blow to middenland.We should plan wisely.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Turning point
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 03:09:47 PM »
We're going for the Uneasy Watchmen.

Banish the hairy dudes!!! :wink:
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
Turning point
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:31:50 PM »
Woohoo.

My wife is in Victoria this w'end and my buddy is coming for an all-warhammer day (maybe some 40K as well)

The best he's ever accomplished with his dwarfs against me is a draw (he makes up for it by having his space wolves always hand me my Necron a$$).  So I should get some good results, prolly at least 4.

Now are we re-taking Udo's so we can attack Bechafen next round or attacking Watchman (which will take two turns before we go against Bech)?

Are we entirely sure this new round of conflicts isn't just a feint to lower our guard on one border?  If I was either of them, I wouldn't stop attacking us.  I mean, never ever let a fallen foe get back up.  So I'm suspicious of motives.

My feeling is to split 50/50 between Udo and Uneasy and take both then throw 100 at Bechafen and gobble up the centre.

Rik
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Turning point
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 05:39:52 PM »
As you can read in the final orders thread, we're putting some light effort into Udo's Fall, but we're set on re-conquering the Uneasy Watchmen. Middenland is still pre-occupied elsewhere, and we're only behind a few hundred points in the Watchmen now.
The worst thing that can happen when Talabecland starts fighting us next round is that we're in the same position as we are now. The best thing that can happen is us having an access point to Bechafen.
So, put just a little effort in retaking Udo's Fall, and put your main focus on the Uneasy Watchmen.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
Turning point
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 09:00:09 PM »
I'm not sure I understand the logic here.   We are 5K behind in Udo's and its contested, if we don't get that back its gone and at least 3 rounds before we can attack past it.  Uneasy W. is in the hands of the Kis. which means we have to contest then hope we have enough 'next' round after that to hold it from the inevitable counterattack so we are at least 3 rounds from attacking Bechafen which is our supposed goal.   I think we are in real danger of having only 1 territory outright and a possibly contested Watchman with very little chance of moving to Bech any time soon.  I see that Uneasy has already been defended 3 times by the enemy and both enemies are starting to pour into Bechafen.  

It seems the Northerners are merely defending that border realizing its several turns before we can do any damage to their territories.  So they are throwing just enough defense in it to pull us away from other targets.  Same with the Talaboogers (not my nickname!)  They see we can't attack Bech, can't attack them for minimum 1 turn possibly 3 so now they are attacking each other realizing we are no threat.  We need to be in a position to attack them back NEXT turn.

Any that my two rather worthless (canadian $) cents.

rik
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline DanielHellion

• Members
Turning point
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005, 02:07:24 AM »
I disagree. They will likely turn their attention away from Kaltenbach, the moment we touch come close to retaking Udo's. We want to keep the Ulricans fighting next round two; a slim chance of that if they suddenly stop fighting again! We should let Udo's sit, and lull the Talabelcanders into thinking we are too concerend with Middenland. Then(supposing the Talabecs contest it) when the Mids counter-attack Kaltenbach, we can attack Udo's again!
'Ello Poppet!