home

Author Topic: Help Identifying Knights  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Sjus

• Members
Help Identifying Knights
« on: July 22, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
Hey ya'll,

I was recently offered some old knights and was told they were oldhammer models. White Wolfs from a time where the wolfs of Middenheim used lances and wore helmets.
I have been looking around for about a week and I can't find anything on these guys!
Could any of you in here help identifying if they are GW, Citadel, Foundry, where-ever?
I'd be most grateful!

"We will stand! We will not waver! We will fight and we will die! But the Empire will prevail! For the Emperor! For the Empire! For t...."
- Empire Sergeant Adelbrand Horst, last words before he was crushed under a falling giant.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Help Identifying Knights
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 01:00:36 AM »
They were about 1989, and were multipart.
Head torso and left arm were one-piece and then there was a choice of right arms - lance, sword, or axe.
There was also a choice of legs - an on-foot or mounted.

I have found this page where some of them are pictured - all 4 of the top set, and 3 of the middle - your Knight is second from the left in the middle row.:

http://www.solegends.com/citcat1989mo/c1989mop0066-01.htm
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Sjus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
That was a quick respons. Thank you so much!
And sorry for the mis-post! New to the forum and still trying to find my way around  :happy:
//Sjus
"We will stand! We will not waver! We will fight and we will die! But the Empire will prevail! For the Emperor! For the Empire! For t...."
- Empire Sergeant Adelbrand Horst, last words before he was crushed under a falling giant.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »
Welcome Sjus! I think you've found the right home for sure! The amount of knowledge and professionalism is simply staggering.

It did not take long to prove Artoban right.

On a side note: fluff-wise, I cannot find any evidence in either WFB or WFRP sources that the Knights of the White Wolf ever were equipped with helmets/shields/lances.  If I am not mistaken, the first time they appear in WFB is the 4th edition Empire AB, where they already have the standard equipment.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Sjus

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
Welcome Sjus! I think you've found the right home for sure! The amount of knowledge and professionalism is simply staggering.

It did not take long to prove Artoban right.

On a side note: fluff-wise, I cannot find any evidence in either WFB or WFRP sources that the Knights of the White Wolf ever were equipped with helmets/shields/lances.  If I am not mistaken, the first time they appear in WFB is the 4th edition Empire AB, where they already have the standard equipment.

To my knowledge have White Wolfs always been equipped with hammers, no helmets, no shields, fluff-wise.
However, the model here came equipped with a helmet and hammers not being an option weapon-wise back in 1989-ish as Midaski posted earlier. But it's still listed as a White Wolf here.
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Humans_-_Mounted_Knights_(1989_-_1992)
Interesting models for sure!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »
They also came on some pretty horrible unbarded white plastic horses ...............

I have several of all types of the knights.

Chumley also did a set ( of High Helms I think ) in his plog, but I am not going to wade back through his multitude of pages to find them  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
@Sjus: the link simply says: "There is currently no text in this page."
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 04:09:16 AM »
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:19:03 AM by Victor »

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 05:15:39 AM »
Well, one never stops to learn. The picture is from WD 113 (May 1989) and seems to be the first ever appearance of the White Wolves.  The first mention of the White Wolves in an AB is actually in the 3rd Edition Warhammer Armies (1991), as an example of Temple Ritterbruden [sic], which were indeed all equipped with helmet/shield/lances.  The descriptions there says (p. 56): "These are the Templars, religious orders of knights, including such brotherhoods as the Order of the Fiery Heart, who serve Sigmar, the Templars of the White Wolf, who serve Ulric, and the Templars of Myrmidia."

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »
Chaos Squats !!!!! HAHAHA
Yes I'm dyslexic so what