home

Author Topic: I am back, sorry for leaving.  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
    • https://www.facebook.com/michael.stockin.18/
I am back, sorry for leaving.
« on: August 24, 2023, 09:25:09 PM »
Hi.

Thanks for having me back.
I was here a year or more ago with my 10mm WFB 3rd Edition.
I had a bit of a brain wobble and deleted a load of stuff and then buggered off, sorry.
Possibly the effects of too much Warpstone Snuff.

Anyway, I am still playing WFB in 10mm and I have also started Mordheim with a mighty Stir River Patrol warband.

Assuming there is any interest in my 10mm Empire army I will do a re-cap and then carry on posting as I do stuff?

Sorry again for being all odd last time...

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
Re: I am back, sorry for leaving.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 12:06:35 PM »
Question for the mods:

Why are my posts being deleted?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2023, 12:15:40 PM »
Because the spam is being handled, thank you.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2023, 12:22:42 PM »
Because the spam is being handled, thank you.

Sweet!!

:D

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023, 03:08:55 PM »
It was an interesting project last time certainly. I'm mainly playing 15mm atm. I should post some phots soon

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023, 07:39:24 PM »
It is very much more empire in feel these days than before.
:D

Though spammers seem rife and it seems much less busy than before.
Is the forum used by many, it seems a shadow of its former self?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 08:11:37 PM »
It is the shadow of a shadow. In its heyday, there were around 100.000 new posts each year. In 2014, the decline set in, with active members falling away (no points for guessing why), and now there are less than 10.000 new posts each year - and a sizeable portion of that is due to one person.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 09:53:55 PM »
Welcome back, Michael! You banged the door quite loudly when you shut it last time, was it year and a half ago. Hope you find more enjoyment here this time.

I'm afraid this forum is quite dead already as an Empire hobby forum.

If you leave the Count's Tavern and the Back Table out and count only the hobby specific posts, those have dropped under 3000 per year. And if you cut the Old World rumourmongering and related questionnaires, that number drops below 2000. Only a handful of people care to post their hobby progress here anymore, and few people care to cheer along. There are maybe a dozen truly active people here, and max two dozen semi-active people.

The activity moved to FB and other modern social media platforms years ago. Such that can be easily used on a phone and that allow easy photo sharing without a third party. These type of fora are today fossils, only frequented by the diminished old guard reluctant to change their internet habits. Also the Lead Adventure Forum is a much more active generalist forum, so the idea to broaden the scope of Warhammer-Empire in 2018 was bound to fail. Some people who were active here migrated there.

GamesPoet took to himself keeping this forum lively. But that can continue only for as long as he keeps the enthusiasm. At times it has meant he wrote more than half the monthly posts on the hobby-relevant subfora, especially during the reorganizations. That level of activity can be taxing. Lately his activity has significantly dropped. Just checked he hasn't even logged in for a week. Hope he's OK.

Edit: Hmmm.... 2400 posts is such a neat number. Maybe I should keep it there?

-Z
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 10:02:23 PM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2023, 09:20:16 AM »
Yeah, sorry about that, I was not in a good place...

Shame as forums are better for conversations and encourage it, rather than social media which just encourages 'like' hunting.

Oh well, maybe I shall stick with my regular places rather than here, still, this place has some good eye candy and a deep dive every few days may reveal a topic of greatness, it may be not what it was but as a resource it is still most excellent.

You are all welcome on my forum, there are less WFB people there, but maybe we can start a renaissance?
Whilst the images can't be too big in terms of size, you can upload directly to my forum, if that helps.

I don't want to steal members, but I do want to be able to chat Empire greatness with other Empire players, and if this is not the place due to inactivity and spam then maybe somewhere else is?

Can someone else by granted mod rights and tidy up here?

It would be great to have an active place for Imperial Greatness.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 09:25:52 AM by Mike Stockin »

Online commandant

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2023, 12:40:46 PM »
I also drop in every few days and read. There are still some nice topics going. It is worth dropping in from time to time and look at what is going on.  After all activity is the only way to improve lack of activity

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 09:09:00 PM »
I was involved on FB for some time, but what put me off: the tendency of not reading previous posts except for the OP, even if they provided a definitive answer. Which existed to some extent here and tended to be more pronounced as a thread got longer, but that is nothing compared to FB. There does not seem to be a real interaction of thoughts.   
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 06:45:12 PM »
Activity has been limited, and mod powers are not needed as often as a result. My activity has been lower, due to a computer issue, and access only by phone currently, although there is an outstanding inquiry regarding this, so will see. In the meantime, spam has been relatively minor when compared to previous years, although no less a need to get rid of them anyway.  :icon_wink: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra