home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 637179 times)

Offline commandant

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #6525 on: November 27, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »
[Mortus]

The Colourful Dog Inn is on Sudetenweg, opposite the Wolfrunner Coaches depot. She ducks into an alley nearby, and casts her aura of protection. Feeling more confident now, she returns to the street, and then enters the inn.

The tap room is crowded, but she soon spots a hooded, drably-dressed man sitting alone at a table in the corner. He looks up at her - she immediately recognises Doktor Glarean. He makes a brief gesture that she should join him, before hiding his face again.

Mortus sits down at the Doktor's table. He nods to her, then speaks a few words under his breath. The air around them ripples slightly, and then the noise of the inn is gone. "A simple charm to protect our privacy," he says quietly. "Miss Mortus: it is good to see you. I had almost given up hope of your arrival. I have waited all afternoon... but you are here now, and are safe." He sighs. "I am sorry that I left you so suddenly. It was not my choice - as you may have guessed, I was kidnapped by the very people we came here to locate. You will recall that I went to speak to some old contacts. I am afraid I was betrayed, and rendered unconscious. I awoke in the cellars of some haulage company, where I was... encouraged to explain myself." He winces at the memory. "I will not trouble you with the details.

"I do not know how long I was there, but after a while an elf woman - a wizard - interrogated me. I was then blindfolded, and taken on a lengthy journey into some underground nightmare. At last I was chained in a cell without a door... for a fearful wraith defended that place from all who did not carry a certain token.

"But my jailors were careless. I was able, through the use of my own blood as a sacrifice, to call a spirit of the airy darkness into my cell. The method I taught you is the surest way to call such an entity, but at the direst extremity there are other ways... more expensive ways. This spirit stole the warding token from the man who brought me my food, and the keys to my chains. Thus I freed myself, and walked from the cell unmolested by the wraith. I was then lost among the dark tunnels beneath the city streets: again my elemental spirit saved me, for it guided me by a route that led into the sewers, and from there to safety.

"My first thought on escaping was to contact you. I am delighted that you did not also fall into the hands of these villains."

"Maybe we should go somewhere more private," Mortus says.   "Does this inn have private rooms.   Also dinner would be nice.   I had a brief run in with the law here."   Mortus will explain her encounter with Brandt and its outcome.   "I know that he is certainly involved.   Is this elf a skilled magic user?   There was a skilled magic user against us in Bogenhafen who escaped though she was human I believe."   She pauses to think.   "So they have a lair under the city protected by wraiths?   What can we do against them?   Do you still have the keys?

I fear that I met one of my contacts here but she hasn't gotten back to me since.   I think this cult has deeply infiltrated Middenhiem society and I fear she may be being encouraged to explain herself at this very moment.   My friends from Bogenhafen are not being very helpful.   The arrogant one is being short sighted and narrow minded and it is interfering with his ability to see sense.   Still I hope they can be convinced to be useful.   Answer me most honestly when did you last eat."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6526 on: November 27, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »
[Heinrich, Klaus, Admund, (Mogsam's character!), and Max]

Heinrich checks the other exit to the room. It turns out to be the living quarters for the guards. There are four rather dirty beds, some scattered clothing, and some cooking utensils. Returning to the main room, he looks out of the rough window - it does indeed look out from the cliff face, over the forest far below. It would take an exceptional climber to reach the city above, and reaching the ground alive would require actual flight.

He checks the three doors as well. Each opens onto a small prison cell, equipped with chains, straw, and a slop bucket. Only one looks like it's been occupied recently. All are empty.

So there's no way into this area other than the way the group entered.

Admund searches the bodies (and the discarded clothes of the captive cultist). There are four decent swords and four knives, as well as a sturdy whip and the branding iron with the wolf motif.

Combined with the money on the table (clearly from a gambling session), there is a total of 35 crowns, 8 shillings and 9 pence.

He checks the crates and barrels in the corner. They mostly contain preserved food and bottles of ale (made by Dragon Ales Brewhouse), but in one crate is stuffed a crumpled set of clothing. The clothes look expensive, but are very flashy and not particularly fashionable. They seem to have a lot of pockets. Under the clothes are a dagger, a battered book, a pendant with a guild symbol on it, a couple of silver rings, a moustache comb, and some playing cards, handkerchiefs and other small, colourful items.

Presumably these all belong to the man who was being held prisoner here.

The cultists shivers and avoids meeting Klaus's gaze. "Yeah, I'm in the Hand. No sense denying it now. Name's Samuel." He sways a bit on his feet, closing his eyes. He opens them again, putting one hand to his head. "Uh... yeah. That guy... he's a prisoner. Does some work for us sometimes, but he needs a lot of reminding who's boss. We weren't torturing him! Just... um... teaching him a lesson. Didn't do anything that bad. Couple of lashes is nothing.

"Just the four of us in here to guard him. Rest of the gang is down the other way. Um. Back through over that narrow bridge, then down the tunnel. That's the main place. I reckon you should all go walk in there!" He laughs, but this causes him to choke briefly, and he nearly collapses. When he's recovered himself, he says, "Cassilda... that's the elf. She don't come in here. Probably with the others in the main base, if she's not off making the dead dance around for her amusement.

"Hey, what d'ya mean, new job? With you lot? You serious? Uh... I need to sit down..." His eyes roll back and he falls back against the wall, then slides to the floor. He's unconscious.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6527 on: November 27, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
"We should lock him in one of these cells while we explore the rest of these tunnels. Don't want him raising an alarm if he wakes. Could just cut his throat, of course. He surely has earned it."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6528 on: November 27, 2013, 06:10:39 PM »
Rummaging through the crate of the what he presumes to be the prisoner's items, Admund will confiscate the dagger and keep it with the short sword and belt he picked up from the dead cultist. He will pickup the book and flip through it to see what it is. He'll show the pendant to Max. "Hey Max, what' do make of this?"

He'll also grab a bottle of the ale. Going over to Heinrich, he'll pull the cork out with his teeth and take a swig. He offers the bottle to Heinrich, "Good shot mate."

He glances at the unconscious cultist on the floor, and spits on the ground. "Looks like he'll bleed out eventually, if not, the fever from that broken wrist will take him. Can we be sure his buddies downstairs won't get to him if we leave him?"
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #6529 on: November 27, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
After a while the prisoner begins to breath more comfortably, the tonic clearly having a positive effect on him. "I can tell you my name." he speaks quietly, his voice is hoarse after all of the torture he has received. "My name is Ulrun." he nods very slightly towards those who speak to him. "Though you may know me by my stage name, Ulrun the Magnificent." he doesn't really wait for them to respond before speaking. "All things considered I feel like manure. However I feel slightly better after your assistance thank you Herr Breytenbach." he replies genuinely.

"As to why I am being held... If you know of me then you will know that I am an illusionist. By that I mean that I am one who commands the winds of magic and can create complex illusions and tricks - as your companion will no doubt realize when he investigates my clothes and medallion you hold there Herr Breytenbach. with an unfortunate side interest in the art of hypnosis... " he sighs and winces at talking. "It is this talent that has caused me to become imprisoned, for I was being held by these cultists to manipulate the minds of others for their personal gain." He coughs a few times heavily and clearly uncomfortably.

"I am happy to tell you what I know and answer any questions - perhaps better than your new 'friend' there." he looks skeptically at Klaus for suggesting his torturer may wish to be his friend. "However I would prefer to heal myself first if I may?" He pointedly looks at Admund who is holding his equipment. "Of course, I would be happy to heal anyone else should they need it afterwards."
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #6530 on: November 27, 2013, 10:17:44 PM »
Klaus blue eyes will fix on the ones of Ulrun, "So.....you are the one who hypnotised the Champion of the Graf? Interesting. How did you come to work for this cult....do you know who is behind all of this?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6531 on: November 27, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »
[Heinrich, Klaus, Admund, Ulrun, and Max]

Admund can't understand the language the book is written in at all. But it has a fair number of (what look like) mystical diagrams in it. Max looks at the medallion. "Hmmm, I think that's the emblem of the Wizards' and Alchemists' School of Middenheim," he says, "it looks authentic... if not, it's a very good copy."

Regarding the cultist, Max says, "I can give him some basic treatment that will ensure he lives." He frowns, "I suppose I ought to... he's a despicable person... but he ought to get a trial. Yes, I'll treat him. Once I'm sure his victim is all right."

Max returns his attention to the former prisoner. "I'm pleased to meet you, Mr Ulrun. I'm terribly sorry, but I haven't heard of you. However, my friends and I have only been in the city for a few days. We came for the carnival... well, partly. I'm sorry I can't do more for you, but I'm only an amateur healer. Are you really a wizard then? Please, go ahead and heal yourself! Um. Then I'm sure Admund will be happy to return your clothes to you.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6532 on: November 27, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »
[Mortus]

"I think I would prefer to stay here," Doktor Glarean says, "the spell will prevent us from being overheard, and I feel safer in a crowded place. Dinner would be wonderful," he smiles, "I have been too nervous to eat since I came to this inn... and, as you guessed, I ate little while imprisoned.

"I have not heard of this Brandt... certainly I encountered no such man while I was in captivity, and I did not hear him mentioned. But from your description of his behaviour he is certainly a villain. To think that he tried to kill you... it is appalling." The Doktor furrows his brow. "He should be dealt with.

"I am uncertain of the elf-wizard's power, but she had the stench of necromancy about her. The wraith was surely her creature - and such spirits are not easily tamed. I would not face her without significant preparation... with the support of certain elixirs and conjurations, I could perhaps match her. But there are a great many cultists in that place. I have the keys yet, and the warding token, but to go into those tunnels again is more than I can contemplate. I... I think it would be best to leave this city. I should like... I would suggest that you leave it also. This problem is too large for us... if we stay we surely face destruction."
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #6533 on: November 27, 2013, 11:20:51 PM »
"I am indeed he who hypnotized the champion." He replies to Klaus' question with a self mocking smile. "Though it would be untrue to say I work for the cult. Quite clearly Ser you can see that I did not wish to be here." He sighs. "I know a fair amount, when you are forced to imprint commands into people there is a certain amount of their plans revealed to you. Suffice to say they call themselves the Purple Hand. No doubt you have more specific questions?"

When he sees Admund bring the book to Max and their discussion he chimes in. "The young gentleman is correct. That book belongs to me and only members of the illusionist order may read it, he is also correct about my medallion." When Max speaks about how he hasn't heard of him he lets out a sigh. "I am truly a wizard. I am a member of the Wizards Guild of Middenheim and a mage of some repute. Though don't go expecting me to cast any fireballs or make it rain." When Max reports that he can heal himself he nods appreciatively and closes his eyes before muttering some garbled words under his breath before his eyes glow briefly golden. (casts Cure Light Injury on himself)

When he heals he opens his eyes and looks at Admund. "I'd appreciate it if I might have my clothes returned to me Ser?" he asks in a direct way. "I've spent quite a considerable amount of time naked lately and i'd like to be warm, preferably without the aid of brands." (If clothes are returned he will put them on.)

"Not to look a gift archer in the mouth however why are you down here? ...Wherever here is. Are you searching for Brunhilde?"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:47:29 PM by Mogsam »

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6534 on: November 28, 2013, 12:57:35 AM »
Heinrich accepts the bottle from Admund and has a drink. He listens with interest to the prisoner's tale.
He looks down at the cultist still laying on the floor.
"I'll secure this one then, we'll not waste Max's time on him until we're safely done with this place." He'll say shortly, as he reaches down to drag the surviving cultist by his ankles into one of the cells. When he has gotten the man out of sight, he will thoroughly search him, if he is able to do so without notice,then surreptitiously slide a dagger into his brain, stabbing just below the ear behind the jaw, quick and clean. Afterwards he will clean his dagger, sheath it, and exit the cell, closing the door securely behind him.

"He'll not be warning any of his friends, and he'll keep here til we're done."

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6535 on: November 28, 2013, 04:45:24 AM »
Admund stands quietly listening to Ulrun, arms folded across his chest. His grey-blue eyed gaze is steeled and intense. Still gripping the dagger and short sword in their sheaths, he taps them quietly against the shoulder of his breastplate as he listens.

"So, a magical illusionist are you?" Admund says finally with a tinge of mistrust in his voice. He tosses the large book down before Ulrun with a thunk. "Let's see somethin' then. Magically make those wounds of yours go away, can you, eh? Magician, heal thyself."

"You falling in with cults regularly these days? One of your sideshow hypnotist acts make these lads mad and hang you up for a beating?"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:03:04 AM by Karl Voss of Averland »
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

• Members
« Reply #6536 on: November 28, 2013, 06:07:06 AM »
With some sympathy in his voice Klaus will try to give Ulrun a feeling of safety "Yes you are right it is rather obvious that you didnīt work for the cult on your own design, please donīt mind my associate Admund here, his experiences with mages of all coleur werenīt that great...especially in the last couple of days. We stumbled over the actions of this cult and found out that their workings pose a great threat for the city of Middenheim...or even the whole Empire and are working to foil their plans...and thus we were following some Elves....one of them a female Cassilda of Marienburg...a member of the mages guild of Middenheim too...maybe you know of her. Who is this...Brunhilde? Are you hungry? I have some stale bread with me and some water."

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #6537 on: November 28, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
"You are. Of ironically far from the truth" he replies to Admund. "To say I ran a sideshow is an injustice, my talents are not inconsiderable and I ran many shows. One of which was at a nobles home. As an amusing show I hypotonised the lady of the home, not an uncommon trick - I told her to relax and was going to have her do something minority amusing. Unfortunately the woman relaxed so much that she told the entire party of her many - and graphic - affairs with the members of her household. Suffice to say the husband was not impressed and I left the party somewhat more beaten than I had attended and more horizontally challenged in a gutter."

"Unfortunately two rather questionable people had apparently been following me. A tall armoured woman with poor teeth retention called Dagmar and a warty fellow named Hultz. They dragged me from the gutter and took me to this Brunehilde, a mercenary I believe. She works for the Purple Hand - though I do not believe she is part of the cult - and....persuaded me through violence to hyptonitise several people so she could implant ideas into them. Mainly she persuaded people to back some taxes against dwarves and wizards, made them shout about it often and loudly. She is a nasty little minx and I would love to get my hands on her" he looks around again.

"I am sure you have more questions, perhaps they can be asked when I'm not so naked however?" (Still wants clothes!) "I would love some of your veritable feast her Klaus." He says appreciatively.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:12:09 PM by Mogsam »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6538 on: November 28, 2013, 10:21:06 AM »

Ulrun's spell [-4MP, restores d6 wounds = 3 wounds restored] causes a golden light to flicker across his body. Bruises disappear; and whip-cuts close, leaving painful welts behind them. The burns heal somewhat, but the spell does nothing to remove the wolf-shaped brand marks on his chest.

"That's very impressive," Max says, "Um... Mr Ulrun, would you be able to heal Admund? He took a nasty hit when we came in to rescue you." Max doesn't mention the cut on his own arm - a little blood has seeped through the rather hasty bandage he put on it. He also hasn't yet replaced his blood-stained shirt, preferring to go without it for the moment.

"Brunhilde," Max says, "that's what Anton said Elise's real name was! She called herself Charlotte too, or Miss Kenner. And Dagmar and Hultz are the two people you fought, aren't they, Heinrich? They're both dead now, probably. Hmmm. I expect they took you to their secret lair in the Ostwald district? Heinrich found it, you see, but he was nearly killed by Brunhilde.

"So, you must have been with Brunhilde when you hypnotized Dieter... the champion, I mean. Maybe you could tell us a bit more about what happened? If you feel strong enough, sir."

Meanwhile, Heinrich takes the unconscious cultist into one of the cells, and quietly kills him [no point in searching him - his money and weapons were all he had, and have already been collected]. He leaves the body in the cell, closing the door behind him.
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #6539 on: November 28, 2013, 10:51:23 AM »
"Of course you can get dressed first." Klaus will hand Ulrun his extravagant clothes. "See Heinrich too has a score to settle with her so we have a personal interest in revenge ourselves. I offered the cultist only a job so he would think that he could get out of this unscathed, people donīt tend to tell many secrets when they think it wouldnīt make a difference and that they were going to die anyway."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6540 on: November 28, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
"Gosh," Max suddenly says, "Dieter was hypnotized two months ago! Have you been down here that long, Mr Ulrun? You must be anxious to get out... we came in through a secret door under the mages' guild, actually, following an elf necromancer called Cassilda. We passed another cell, guarded by some sort of ghost. We couldn't hurt it, and had to run away. I don't suppose your magic would be any use against a ghost, sir? If not, then I'm afraid we'll have to find another way out of these tunnels."
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #6541 on: November 28, 2013, 01:30:19 PM »
Admund interrupts Ulrun as he chatters on explaining himself, and sticks a hand out placatingly, "Alright lad, alright. Go put your gods damned clothes on. Just know that if I see you swinging that hypnotist's chain in front of any of these lads, i'll drag your ass back down here and hang you up myself."

Admund's leg starts to sting more as the adrenaline of the fight wears off. He'll plop down on a rock and check his leg.

Once Ulrun is dressed and has all his stuff required, he'll offer back his dagger and the shortsword that Admund collected, "You any good with a blade?"

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #6542 on: November 28, 2013, 06:25:09 PM »
Ulrun gets dressed. His clothes are dark and seem a tad tight but as the others have inspected it they are aware that he keeps several compartments within for hidden items. The clothes are quite crumpled and he looks almost sad due to looking clearly disheveled. Whilst dressing he continuously looks as his new wolf brand with concern.

"I have indeed been down here for quite a while, though I have no idea how long it has truly been. Time goes somewhat slowly when you're chained to a wall. I don't know this elf, never been particularly fond of elves. They live too long to stay on the straight and narrow. Must be dreadfully boring for them to be good people." when they mention the ghost he looks thoughtful for a second. "I doubt I could kill it. I am not that sort of mage. Rather there are several spells I could use to confuse and confound it. Did it look particularly intelligent?"

He thinks about what he might know. "I know of Brunehildes hideout and it is not in Ostwald Street any longer. She has a hideout near The Last Drop Inn, [location 16 on the map] she is not very candid about her plans when she has you tied up. Perhaps she has the hostages she has been taking there." he realises he hasn't mentioned them before. "She has been blackmailing several notable advisers to the graf. Through letters for a few, drugs for another and finally she has a young girl held hostage. Perhaps she is there for the moment, she said about moving her half way through the carnival week." He pauses thoughtfully. "I read and manipulate men for a living, I might add that I do not believe that Brunehilde has any idea of what the plan is. She is a mercenary that is following anothers orders through many disguises. Killing her will only end a minor threat. Still, I am not sure she even know who she works for either."

"How very considerate of you, lad" he replies to Admund (he's probably older than Admund). "Here I was going to offer to heal your clearly significant wounds but by the sounds of it you do not wish for my assistance?" he takes out a coin from one of his many pockets. "Besides, chains are for charlatans and mere gimmicks. It is in reality far easier to hypnotise someone with a coin than waving a gigantic clock or chain shouting 'You're going under'." When Admund offers him the sword he looks confused. "I am mediocre at best Ser and after apparently two months of intense torture I am likely near useless." he says seriously. "However when you can convince your opponents that you haven't moved when you have a blade to their throat or that you are a Squirrel through magic your ability with a sword becomes somewhat unimportant." He watches Admunds pain and relents. "I will heal your wound if you wish, it was after all suffered in my accidental rescue. It would be impolite not to."

"Tell me, will you hunt my captors down? The woman hides behind many faces and I may be of some use. It is hard to trick an illusionist and she radiates magic with all of those magical trinket she wears."

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6543 on: November 28, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »
Mortus orders dinner and waits until it is served.

"I wish I could leave, doktor," she says.   "You have no idea how much but to do so would be to abandon my friends."   She pours herself a glass of wine and sips on it.   For a second she watches the doktor eat.   "However stupid, narrow minded and bigoted they are they are still my friends.   I have never abandoned friends and they will not be convinced to leave Middenhiem.   Such is not the path for me." She sighs again and drains her glass.   "I should be happier about it, but they are my friends."   She pauses to dig into her meal, commenting on the food for a second and then returns to the subject at hand.

"I might be useful to know what the over all aim of the cult is," she says.   "They didn't let anything slip while encouraging you to talk which would help us discover that?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6544 on: November 28, 2013, 11:00:52 PM »

"I don't think the ghost had much in the way of intellect," Max replies, "it didn't even look human... it was a sort of floating head with tentacle hair. I think it was there to guard the cell, and just attacks anyone who goes near it. Perhaps your spells could confuse it sufficiently for us to get past? Um... unless we are going on. We were pursuing this elf-wizard, and it is important we find her. I wish Mr Julian and Ragni were with us though.

"I can't speak for my friends, of course," Max continues, "they're the ones who make the decisions. But I'm sure we can promise to hunt down the people who took you prisoner. We actually have a lead on Brunhilde: we caught another agent of hers - an apprentice wizard called Anton - and he's supposed to be meeting her at the Man o' War tonight. Your skills will surely be very useful in ensuring we catch her! We have to find this young girl she's holding... and the blackmail letters. We have to stop this terrible plot to destroy the city!"

Max's face is full of resolve. Standing there, his bloody shirt in his hands, every rib visible under his pallid skin, he looks ridiculous but oddly inspiring.

Ulrun casts his healing spell on Admund [-4MP, restores d6 wounds. 6 wounds restored! Admund is on 7 wounds].
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6545 on: November 28, 2013, 11:26:05 PM »
[Mortus]

The Doktor suspends his spell long enough to order dinner, and again when it arrives. He eats the food slowly, but with obvious enjoyment.

"It is noble of you to stand by your friends, Miss Mortus," he says, "I wish I could stay also... but after what I have been through, I simply cannot face it. I hope you understand.

"I fear I learned little from the cultists. I heard some talk about the new taxes - the ones we fell foul of on our arrival in the city. It seems they have been told by their leaders to speak in favour of these taxes whenever they are among honest citizens, but none of them know why." He snorts. "Cults of this sort are obsessed with secrecy. Perhaps only the highest levels of command know what their real plans are. They trust the rank and file with nothing.

"From what I have seen, the cult may as well be a criminal gang as far as the lesser members are concerned. They busy themselves with slave-trading, extortion, smuggling, protection-rackets, and other such pettiness. All this in the name of 'The Changer,' to bring about 'the Time of Changes.'" He shakes his head. "They have no idea what those things really mean. The tattoos they carry are simply badges of membership to them. They do not know they have bartered their souls to the  darkness.

"It is the leaders who matter. People like this elf-wizard... but even she is just a captain. The true leaders are so secret that even their closest servants do not know who they are. How can we hope to discover such people?

"Do you have any idea how to proceed, Miss Mortus?"
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #6546 on: November 28, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
"I understand completely why you don't want to be tied to such arrogant and short sighted people but I am what I am," Mortus says.   She drains her glass again and refills it.   "I know that Brandt is involved and you know that there are criminal gangs involved.   Maybe I could look for a criminal gang that might teach me something new.   Somewhere that fresh information can be found.   The only other thing I can think of is to go back to where they held you and hope to find something there but it is unlikely that I could do that without you and I'd not ask you to return there.

Did they mention any criminals that I could locate?"   Mortus thinks for a second and then shrugs.   "Also could I use the wards and keys that you have against the ghost?"

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #6547 on: November 29, 2013, 12:46:46 AM »
"Let's bring justice to the rest of the criminals in this cavern. Max, you can take our new friend back to the inn if you like. Get him fed and bathed. If Admund and Klaus are willing, we can continue on and rid these passages of any more heretics and thugs."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6548 on: November 29, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
[Mortus]

Doktor Glarean smiles. "Thank you for being so understanding, Miss Mortus. I wish you every success in your endeavors. Here are the keys, and the warding token." he hands her two keys and a metal disc with an arcane symbol on it. "Simply hold up the disc, showing the symbol, and the wraith will not harm you. I do not know precisely what the symbol means, but I assume it is part of the necromantic binding that controls the spirit. I give you these things in case you need them, but I urge you not to enter those tunnels unless absolutely necessary!

"This man Brandt you speak of is perhaps your best lead. Since he is a public figure, it should be simple to discover the location of his home. Then, perhaps, you could gain entry and look for information?

"As for the cult: Windhund Haulage exists purely as a front for them. They may have other front businesses in the city, though I do not know what they might be. It is also possible that they have some connection to the gangs of the Ostwald and Altquartier Districts - but again, I urge you to think carefully before involving yourself with such people.

"Do not forget the summoning ritual I taught you - the elemental spirit is not powerful, but it can go where you cannot. It is a useful agent. I wish I had time to teach you more... do not hesitate to seek me out at my home in Ubersreik. I will happily instruct you in everything I know.

"Is there anything else I can do to assist you? Perhaps you will change your mind and agree to leave the city with me?"
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6549 on: November 29, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »

"Oh," Max says, in response to Heinrich's suggestion, "it would be a good idea to get Mr Ulrun to safety so that he can rest... we would have to pass that ghost though." He shivers at the thought... and pulls his bloody shirt back on.
If I wanted to.