home

Author Topic: Significant changes coming to Warhammer? no more "Empire"  (Read 62256 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Significant changes coming to Warhammer? no more "Empire"
« Reply #350 on: January 30, 2015, 02:55:04 PM »
We'll share. I'm sure you won't mind. :-D

Khal Drogo will share all of you.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #351 on: January 30, 2015, 09:41:51 PM »
She could wear anything she likes, as long as I could take it off her. :icon_twisted:

Note to self: start watching GoT.

It's a mixed bag. Some great performances, some decidedly mediocre ones. Plot-wise, the good stuff comes from the books, the rest is the typical HBO filler material, i.e. mostly gratuitous and contrived nudity.

But there's only so many watchable fantasy series, so you might as well give it a shot.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #352 on: January 31, 2015, 01:54:45 AM »
GoT is awesome. Both the book AND the show.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #353 on: January 31, 2015, 07:54:37 AM »
She could wear anything she likes, as long as I could take it off her. :icon_twisted:

Note to self: start watching GoT.

It's a mixed bag. Some great performances, some decidedly mediocre ones. Plot-wise, the good stuff comes from the books, the rest is the typical HBO filler material, i.e. mostly gratuitous and contrived nudity.

But there's only so many watchable fantasy series, so you might as well give it a shot.

That's why I want to watch it. What else fantasy-themed is out there to watch?

No, Xena dosen't count.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #354 on: January 31, 2015, 08:01:04 AM »
My lesbian mate reckons Xena is definitely fantasy-themed...

Offline The Red Graf

• Members
  • Slava Ukraini, Alba gu brąth!
« Reply #355 on: February 01, 2015, 12:17:46 AM »
Many years ago I went to graduate school and received a salary from the University as part of my program. For my salary I was expected to tutor undergrads in those areas I was competent in and they were somewhat less so. For some reason I always got the seniors that were on the verge of failing to graduate and were desperate to understand Literature, History, or Geography (my areas) in order to pass some exit exam and get the hell out of there so they could in most cases go teach somewhere.  :eusa_wall: One of my hard cases was an ill smelling and barely verbal programming major who just needed to pass world Literature in order to go on to fame and fortune in Silicon Valley. First day of our brief but Halcyon acquaintance he informed me that we could skip Greek and Roman mythology because he watched Xena Warrior Princess.  :dry:
ultima ratio regum

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #356 on: February 01, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »
I would rather study dusty old tomes of Greek and Roman mythology than watch Xena.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #357 on: February 01, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
I would rather study dusty old tomes of Greek and Roman mythology than watch Xena.

Dusty old tomes of Greek and Roman mythology are amazing, though, so that's not surprising.  :happy:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #358 on: February 01, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »
Yay I made another convert. But just remember that the Khaleesi is mine >O You can have Yara.

IMO anyone can have Yara. Or Asha (as the books would name her).

Agree. They would be awesome, and Xena is painful to watch (except for one of those blonde amazon girls - I liked her attitude and face).
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.