home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 98457 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #725 on: February 06, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »
Another round with the volcano following suit.
If it gets closer he will rev the chainsword.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #726 on: February 09, 2018, 06:31:27 PM »
@Everyone

While the Dragon Hornet still attacks without actually hitting anyone with it's stinger, the make cannot be sad for the party. Petrus, Jace and a nearby House Trooper blast the thing, bringing it to the ground with a spatters of gore!

Player prompt: Combat over! Well done lads!
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #727 on: February 11, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »
Desmond will holster his pistol with a flourish and a grin. "Well that was exciting! When we claim this planet and start building a colony, we could probably make some profit offering a safari or two for big game hunters. Good shooting lads."

He'll have a look at the corpse, more due to his natural interest in exotic creatures then anything else. "It's a shame to waste anything, but I don't think we should bother carrying anything with us. We already have what we can salvage from the shuttle and we should probably get out of here."

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #728 on: February 11, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »
If that’s the worst that can be thrown at us, life will be good. Is there a venom sac that would be worth taking?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #729 on: February 11, 2018, 08:19:50 PM »
"Or maybe the stinger? Worth cutting it open and having a look I guess."

Desmond will do a knowledge check to see if he can identify anything interesting on the corpse.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #730 on: February 12, 2018, 10:20:48 AM »
Jace shudders in revulsion at the dead Xenos. 'As long as you are taking samples,' he offers, 'perhaps the creature's brain might provide insights.' He makes no effort to start dissecting the creature, however, more than happy to leave the dirty work to the household troops.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2018, 11:54:43 AM »
My blade is at your disposal.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2018, 08:30:09 PM »
@Everyone:

You take a number of interesting samples from the Dragon Hornet, for the Ventur's Magos to study later.

It takes a while but you unload the Rhinos and the Malcador. Off loading the tank's vast amount of bolter ammo takes much longer and coupled with getting the loaders with their heavy pre-fab cargo of the shuttles, you find that that you are working well in too the night before you have everything ready to move.

Player promt: How do you wish to organize your marching (or in this dase, rolling on tracks) order?

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #733 on: February 14, 2018, 01:56:52 PM »
Icarus plans to take the creatuer's stinger to later fashion it into a sword!

I will also ride in the front tank (Malcador), sitting in the cupola, coordinating the entire column, lending fire support with the heavy stubber, if the need arises. I want 4 men each on both sides of the convoy. Icarus wants vox comms with Hassarian at all times, no exceptions.

Everything's hostile. If it moves, kill it.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #734 on: February 14, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »
Desmond will man the vox so that the more skilled soldiers can do more useful things. He'll certainly ride along in the front.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2018, 07:57:17 PM »
@Everyone:

With the Malcador in front and and the Rhinos in single file you set out. The six of you, along with two House Troopers, are cramed in to the Defender like canned ration meat. The blazing heat generated by the venerable tank's engine is nearly unbareable. The mass of bolter ammo and Demolisher Rounds only add to the discomfort.

You role through the jungle and at times blast some nasty creature. For the most part however, it's an easy trip.

Player prompt: Now would be a good time for some in-depth RPing or conversation lads.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #736 on: February 17, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
Desmond, keeping a close eye on the vox and making sure everyone can hear by microbead over the roar of the engine, still can't help but grin.

"Who doesn't like being lost on the surface of a hostile world, possibly unknown to mankind for Emperor knows how long?" He say's over the microbead. "That big bug thing was just the start! Who knows what other excitement we'll come across."

He'll pause for a minute and happily imagine the no doubt disagreeable faces on some of his companions. "Although that bug does make a possible colony look like more work. I bet it'll be worth it in the long run but we'll have to find some bug zappers or something. What do you think Bane? Think we could set up some decent perimeter defence for a colony? Maybe something like the catachans have..."

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #737 on: February 19, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »
Jace does not share Desmond's smile. 'It is all well, when you have colleagues, equipment, troops and vehicles at your disposal,' he says darkly. 'I've spent time in a jungle like this one, without any of those. Just the creatures and myself. It was not a pleasant experience, and I escaped only by the God-Emperor's will. Pray you will never experience such yourself.'

Scowling, he looks around the inside of the tank. 'Truth be told, I am only here to discover clues towards finding the pearl. If the planet's surface does not contain precious biological agents, I would recommend virus-bombing the planet from orbit and returning once it is naught but a ball of rock and ore, ready to be mined bare.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #738 on: February 19, 2018, 08:11:27 PM »
Thinking back to his earlier days on his home world, his jungle was concrete but much the same. For a moment his distrust finds a link of empathy for Jace. He swallows that and nods at Desmond’s enthusiasm. ‘There is hope in new beginings’
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #739 on: February 19, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
"You've got no sense of romance Jace!" Desmond chuckles, fiddling with the vox. "Think of it this way. Last time you were on a jungle world, it was a horrible life or death struggle. This time you're riding in a big ass tank, with a ship above ready to level anything that looks at you wrong. Time to confront that fear and kick it's ass."

"My homeworld was pretty empty all things considered. A couple of hives here and there, but most of the planet was still tundra and forest. Heck I was a hiveboy, but spent most of my time out in the wildlands as part of the Explorer Core. I AM looking forward to finding out what this planet has to do with the pearl. Those warp visions led us here for some reason, and I don't like the way the atmosphere responded to our shuttle coming down. There's something here that's for sure."

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #740 on: February 20, 2018, 03:03:55 PM »
"Quit the chatter fellas" barks Bane over the vox. "Idle chit-chat is what makes people dead and heresy grows from idleness!" he adds with a dark smile on his scarred lips. "As for your question Desmond, I wouldn't compare ourselves to Catachans. If they'd land here, they would merrily take a stroll into that jungle, butt-naked, singing "Terra's marching on" and chomping on cheap cigars... and they would still be the most dangerous motherfuckers on this entire rock. You boys ever heard of Marbo?" he asks, casual like, while clearing a jam in the heavy stubber, still keeping a close eye on the wall of greenery, surrounding them.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #741 on: February 24, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »
@Everyone:

The trip takes much longer than you at first estimated as the jungle mud is like oil slick and your treads become bogged up! It takes you hours of constant digging and repair, all the while covered in mud. Night has fallen.

Just as you were beginning to think the endless tracts of dense fern forest would never end, you slog into the wide clearing.

You have reached your destination at last, but what you see shocks you!

Before you a gigantic alien temple rears out of the earth, multiple, delicate towers stretching gracefully into the sky. Part way up the gargantuan structure, you can see a prominent platform extending from the rest of the temple and surrounded by Wraithbone arches.
You feel an immediate sense of your own mortality, as if the builders of this place were akin to gods, and your own soul utterly insignificant.

It seems someone was here long before humanity.

The Eldar.

"Well things are far more interesting than I'd hoped!" Hasarian says smiling "Let's go!

You set out for the temple and soon tare apart the earth with your treads.

Upon reaching the temple you notice that it is strangely silent. Like Spooky Silent.

As the troops disembark you here a loud female voice shout out!

"Hold it right there Markus!"

Player prompt: role perception.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:57:05 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #742 on: February 26, 2018, 01:47:19 AM »
(22! Go Desmond! You be effective for once.)

Desmond will groan somewhat to himself and scan the auspex, as well as see who's suddenly yelling at them.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #743 on: February 26, 2018, 02:04:25 PM »
The temple sends a shiver down Jaces's spine- he was familiar with the Eldar, familiar enough to both hate and fear them. He quickly checked his pistol, making sure it was ready to be drawn at a moment's notice. Then he closed his eyes, allowing his psychic senses to wash over the temple and the surrounding area. Eldar meddling seemed like a perfectly valid explanation for the strangeness Jace and his companions had experienced during their descent, and he wanted to be sure there'd be no surprises.

At the sound of a woman's voice, however, he snapped his eyes open. 'What in the God-Emperor's name- we are not alone on this planet?'

[OoC]
- Perception roll: 65- Woman?
- Psynisience roll: 3- any strange psychic things going on around the temple?
- Forbidden Lore (Xenos) roll: 18- does Jace know anything about the temple's purpose?
[/OoC]

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #744 on: February 27, 2018, 02:51:19 PM »
Perception : 73
Doesn’t sound good 😾
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #745 on: March 01, 2018, 10:56:11 AM »
Perception: 44

Hmmmm...

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #746 on: March 02, 2018, 06:17:09 PM »
@Gankom:

On your toes of late, you find the origin of the voice and pivot in that direction.

You see Lady Sun Lee standing prepared but not overtly hostile. Her green power armoured frame is indeed impressive and you have no doubt that she could take anyone of you in a fight.

The battle scared woman seems more amused then anxious about your arrival

Player prompt: What do you with to do Gankom?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #747 on: March 04, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »
Desmond will climb partially out of the tank and offer a bow to the other Rogue Trader.

"My lady, I can't say I'm surprised to see you. I trust your journey from orbit was not as... eventful as ours."

Desmond will scan the area and have a look to see what forces if any she has with her. "I'd offer to give you a ride on our tank, but I'm afraid we have business to attend to. Captain Hassarian has claimed this wonderful planet, and now us, his loyal servants, must be about the business of doing so."

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #748 on: March 10, 2018, 12:29:21 AM »
@Gankom:
Lady Sun Lee laughs

"Yes that sounds like something he would do"

Sun Lee strides towards the tank and stops just close enough to look you in the eyes.

"I have no interest in this planet. Markus can take what he wants from it, I care not. However, I got here first so the prize is mine, whatever it may be"

You notice up close that, despite the facial scar that marks her left cheek, she is still quite beautiful.

"That is not to say that I am adverse to working together however. Having more guns would certainly be of great help"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #749 on: March 12, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »
"In my experience my lady, it's not who gets there first but who gets there last. Whatever it is, it has to be secured first before we fight over it's fate."

Desmond looks around the area. "It seems you are a bit under gunned yourself."

While he's looking around he checks with the others to see if they have anything to add, and sends a message to Hassarian to see what he has to say.