home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258128 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1050 on: August 02, 2019, 08:01:27 PM »
I wonder why they have not really came forward with the basic human adventure, fighter whatever? I wonder if it would allow those of us WITH HUGE Freaking collections of humans play our older figures without buying new ones!!! thus the Basterd reaction  :closed-eyes:

HEY GW if they look good ill still buy them !!!! **^*&%$&$(*)  :icon_evil:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1051 on: August 02, 2019, 08:11:54 PM »
I wonder why they have not really came forward with the basic human adventure, fighter whatever? I wonder if it would allow those of us WITH HUGE Freaking collections of humans play our older figures without buying new ones!!! thus the Basterd reaction  :closed-eyes:

I have to admit I’m not sure why the glacial rate of progress on the humans.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1052 on: August 08, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »
Damn Chaos!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 01:35:29 PM by Victor »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1053 on: August 08, 2019, 12:02:47 PM »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1054 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:48 PM »

Probably a business decision of some kind.  Imagine that.

Choosing what they think will sell, that might look cool, then get around to humans because they know us Empire folk are still buying the older figures?  Now they're prepping to release humans, while getting rid of the older figures.

We might end up actually liking whatever new humans they release.  Might.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1055 on: August 08, 2019, 12:54:53 PM »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1056 on: August 08, 2019, 11:16:20 PM »

Probably a business decision of some kind.  Imagine that.

Choosing what they think will sell, that might look cool, then get around to humans because they know us Empire folk are still buying the older figures?  Now they're prepping to release humans, while getting rid of the older figures.

We might end up actually liking whatever new humans they release.  Might.

You are right we might love them.. I hope so  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1057 on: August 19, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
Apparently a new skeleton based undead army will be released soon. Not a fan of most AoS-era miniatures, but the undead minis thus far have been mostly fantastic. Could be very nice.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1059 on: August 25, 2019, 08:10:25 PM »
Apparently a new skeleton based undead army will be released soon. Not a fan of most AoS-era miniatures, but the undead minis thus far have been mostly fantastic. Could be very nice.

Hmm .. the latest teaser-video seems to suggest that this army is a fantasy version of Necrons. Not what I was hoping for, but that fits the AoS theme.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/25/the-tithe-episode-iii-mortarch/

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1060 on: August 28, 2019, 08:33:54 AM »
Armoured skeletons with crazy catapult. New Tomb Kings replacement I would say.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1061 on: August 28, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »
Armoured skeletons with crazy catapult. New Tomb Kings replacement I would say.

looks like everything undead combined into one force … hmmm now where did this idea come from
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1062 on: August 29, 2019, 12:52:00 AM »
Whole new army coming!

Relentless. Disciplined. Deathless. These are the Ossiarch Bonereapers – the culmination of centuries of planning by Nagash and the harbingers of his dark reign. Where the Legions of Nagash are the foot soldiers of Death and the Nighthaunt are the shock troops, the Ossiarch Bonereapers are the vanguard of a new order.

These are not risen warriors or malignant spirits – they are bespoke war-constructs forged from harvested bone and gifted the soul animus of great warriors and heroes. Alone, they have hundreds of lifetimes of experience and brutal physical prowess. Unified, they are nigh unstoppable, directed into battle by Katakros, Mortarch of the Necropolis – perhaps the greatest military strategist (living, or dead) the Mortal Realms have ever known.

The backbone (see what we did there?) of the Ossiarch Bonereapers are the legions of Mortek Guard and spearheads of Kavalos Deathriders. Each contains the souls of dozens of mortal warriors, and each is a brutally effective combatant, fighting with utter discipline even in the most chaotic battles. These warriors aren’t automata – they have personalities befitting their roles in Nagash’s dark regime. While Mortek Guard are forthright and dutiful, Kavalos Deathriders are possessed of towering arrogance, as suits their role as heralds of the Great Necromancer.

Leading the Ossiarch Bonereapers is none other than Katakros himself. This is no embittered spirit, arch-schemer of the world-that-was or devoted sycophant, but a terrifying new paragon of unlife itself. Granted a new existence in a body of ensorcelled bone, Orpheon Katakros is Nagash’s plan for the Mortal Realms made manifest – efficient, remorseless and instilled with a chilling disregard for life. He’s a real chip off the ol’ Black Pyramid…

Check out the video on the page to!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/29/breaking-news-sisters-psykers-and-skeletonsgw-homepage-post-4/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1063 on: August 29, 2019, 03:26:22 AM »
Uh boy.  Fantasy style Necrons, lovely.

I like it when fantasy is fantasy and sci-fi is sci-fi.  Having the two interconnect like what we're seeing is less than attractive to me.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1064 on: August 29, 2019, 11:50:06 AM »
... fantasy version of Necrons ...

I think that was a spot on assessment. I'm confused as to what I am looking at here. Strange designs. A weird mix of endoskeleton and exoskeleton, like an insect. I'm definitely with GamesPoet on this one. This looks like something that could have been in a 80s cartoon like He-Man. I very much prefer 'classic' undead like the Deathrattle Sepulchral Guard from 2 years ago. This has no appeal to me.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1065 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:04 PM »
THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN   :dry:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1066 on: August 29, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
A bit of heavy sarcasm there? :icon_wink:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1067 on: August 29, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »
I have to admit. I’m not very keen on this group. Really liked the nighthaunts but not theses guys. Never was to crazy about necrons either and the comparison is a good one.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1068 on: August 29, 2019, 05:02:07 PM »
I liked the idea of Necrons in 40K. But fantasy Necrons? It's the next bad step to blending together and giving up on fantasy if they choose.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1069 on: August 29, 2019, 06:15:46 PM »
I freaking love the night haunt ghosties. These guys... eh, not doing it for me. I also don't like the lore. Now its just dead stormcast, but with multiple spirits crammed into a body!

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1070 on: August 29, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »
Undead constructs with multiple personality disorder ....

And that's not even a joke.

Necropolis Stalkers, for instance, are infused with the souls of four legendary warriors apiece, giving them the ability to shift personalities mid-battle in order to change their fighting style.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #1071 on: August 30, 2019, 12:16:38 AM »
I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do with the Grievous-looking dudes. Its gonna be an ambitious project

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1072 on: August 30, 2019, 03:56:12 AM »
That new faction, there's no way they haven't designed them look like Necrons unintentionally.  This way folks who are into 40K can use these figures for conversion or whatever over into there 40K Necron armies.  It really is a no brainer.

- - -

I'm trying to keep my expectations low for any new Free people figures.  Especially after seeing the W:AoS Necrons.

By the way, I can see where at least one of the new Warcry factions might double as free people figures. Can not recall the faction name, although they reminded me of Greeks, perhaps something out of the Greek like culture I recall living in the southwestern Border Princes of the Olde World.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #1073 on: August 30, 2019, 07:04:31 AM »
I must be a loner in this then here.. I rather like the look of the new Ossiarch Bonereapers, though I doubt I will start an army with them any time soon as I got enough projects still lingering around to be done.

And actually waiting for the Free City stuff to become available
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:07:19 AM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1074 on: August 30, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »
I must be a loner in this then here.. I rather like the look of the new Ossiarch Bonereapers, though I doubt I will start an army with them any time soon as I got enough projects still lingering around to be done.

And actually waiting for the Free City stuff to become available

Not a loner at all. On TGA, the reception has been very good.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020