home

Author Topic: Another attempt for balance  (Read 1492 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Another attempt for balance
« on: November 19, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »
And the most open one I have seen so far that doesn't go into house ruling stuff to much.

I think I might even give this a go!

https://www.facebook.com/NYC-Warhammer-Players-1057881630902207/
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Discoking

• Members
Re: Another attempt for balance
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 11:46:48 PM »
Altho it's 1 page it's just too complicated.

I tried my hand at a comp system but have given up on it and instead just took a little optional rule from it to comp my games now(if we decide to comp).The rule is basically take a model count and then restrict the wounds in that count as a percentage of that figure.Normally we play 60 models with a 50% wound max on Heroes and a 50% wound max on monsters.So in a 60 model game we can spend upto 30 wounds on Heroes and 30 wounds on Monsters. Simple and quick and works well.

But if I'm honest and after maybe 60 games,the best way I find is just playing what you want without restrictions.These have resulted in the best games I've played and certainly have been the most interesting and closely fought.

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
Re: Another attempt for balance
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:08:44 AM »

But if I'm honest and after maybe 60 games,the best way I find is just playing what you want without restrictions.These have resulted in the best games I've played and certainly have been the most interesting and closely fought.

Agree with this entirely! Matches my experience of the game.