home

Author Topic: 40K  (Read 300048 times)

Offline Aldaris

• Members
Re: 40K
« Reply #2375 on: October 14, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »
Aldaris, he was talking specifically about killing vehicles, because fortitude is prevalent (I think close to 50% of tourney lists are grey knights) and imperial guard can take like 15 vehicles.
He says that the longfangs work better because they can kill tanks with melta (which they can get loads of) and powerfists, where as all that DE have are heatlances, haywire grenades, and dark lances.

And Blasters (nice job of him leaving those out).... and don't discount haywire grenades, those are awesome. Especially against a non-moving IG parking lot.
Besides, no min-maxing super duper tourney-list tweaker is going to take powerfists. Too expensive for them.

Don't believe that bullshit. Besides, how many GT circuit tournaments do you plan to participate in?
 :wink:

But apparently DE normally finish well in tourneys. Maybe because good players are drawn to them. Or just because they are good and different.

Dark Eldar are very, very good, but also very unforgiving to play. They're the ultimate glass cannons.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2376 on: October 14, 2011, 03:51:30 PM »
I think close to 50% of tourney lists are grey knights

!

Really?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:17:32 AM by rufus sparkfire »
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #2377 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
Don't believe that bullshit. Besides, how many GT circuit tournaments do you plan to participate in?
 :wink:

Which is something important to note. You go to 40k blogs, Warseer or heaven forbid Bell of Lost Souls and -everything- told to you assumes you plan to go to GT/A big tournament and win big. Everything. Sometimes it's even done unconciously.

To a large segment of people online, friendly or non competitive play does not exist.

Disclaimer: You can be friendly and competitive, but it requires you to never go to bell of lost souls

Really?

Why is this a suprise? It's an extremely easy army to pick up and do well with (and small model count, easy to paint), though it has troubles with some specific match ups.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2378 on: October 14, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »
Why is this a suprise?

Because 50% is a lot.

Though having said that some warhammer tournaments were like that with demons.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #2379 on: October 14, 2011, 09:37:12 PM »
This thread is locked, but it was responsible for the creation of a new Child Board!  It is a mommy!  Yay!
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.