home

Author Topic: RSI – the Alchemist’s Revenge  (Read 1144 times)

Offline JAK

• Members
RSI – the Alchemist’s Revenge
« on: June 29, 2023, 08:29:21 AM »
Following the completion of The Alchemist I ended up at the “Quacks” and have been diagnosed with a RSI (Repetitive Stress Injury) which has stopped me modelling/painting for the time being.

Has anyone got any experience of this and more importantly advice on how to cope in the future?

I’ve read some bits from hobbyists online but to be honest I don’t trust a lot that’s been said as it seems slanted towards the products they are promoting.

When my hand recovers some more I’ll make a trip to a GW store and see if they’ll let me try one of their Painting Handles.

Has anyone any good or bad experiences with this, or any other commercial, paint handle?

I normally have a number of models on the go at the same time, and currently have five unpainted ten man units, so any advice on making my own?

Offline JoV

• Members
Re: RSI – the Alchemist’s Revenge
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 10:15:41 AM »
I had a stress injury in my wrist which flared up a few years ago. I never had it formally diagnosed but it was likely RSI related. Honestly, taking a few weeks/a month complete break did it the world of good. Bit crap when you have projects on the go, but it has not returned since so there is that  :?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: RSI – the Alchemist’s Revenge
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 10:29:58 AM »
Have not had this experience with my hands nor wrists.  However, have been a long distance runner in my past and experienced over use type injuries, and usually have had to take time off which is never really fun.

I also had a Physical Therapist help me with an ankle issue that kept getting reinjured.  Besides working with the issue at her office, gave me exercises to do as part of the treatment, and my situation improved greatly.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra