home

Author Topic: Fluff help  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Steven1984

• Members
Fluff help
« on: July 11, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »
Hi everyone
I am going to be putting chaos warriors weapons and shields on my hole empire army and i am going to be putting chaos warriors heads hanging from the saddles and banners now my problem is that i need to wright some fluff for my army for a tournament that i am going to.
So i was woundering if anyone can help me wright the fluff because i dont know the first thing about wrighting fluff and how to make it sound good.

Thank you all for your time and your help would be much apresheated.

Offline thundercake

• Members
Re: Fluff help
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 06:26:08 PM »
Start with thinking about why the how those weapons and shields. How did the get them, how did they win the battle to get the heads, and go from there.
Don't underestimate a halfling, their ladle will do a number on your stomach, and on your head.

Offline Iraqiel

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
What about if they are led by a crazed warrior priest, and are the remnants of a crusade that the Sigmarite priest led north to 'Retake Praag' for the Empire. After fighting through stiff opposition, the crusade eventually had to turn to scavenging when the chaos forces destroyed their camp train. Lost in the north, surrounded by foes and using the dread and corruptive weaponry of the blighted chaos warriors, the Sigmarite priest has ordered his 'crusade' around to resupply and rest back in safety, little suspecting the consequences of his army deciding to take these trophies...

Offline stkillinger

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 06:16:34 AM »
Maybe they were all at one point flagellants that went rampant and eventually fell under the command of a warrior priest turned Prophet of doom. It would seem like flagellants would pick up anything they could find to fight with.

These men could also be borderline insane by spending too much time fighting up north near the chaos wastes, which causes many to become insane.

They could also be traitors to the empire and follow a false chaos champion (who really is just a lunatic). Thus making them not align to any faction really, since this wouldn't be a real champion of chaos other chaos war bands would kill them on site, or at least try.

Also may I ask, how will you be putting the chaos weapons on the state troops? Looking at the weapons they fit into the body of a chaos warrior.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:33:44 AM by stkillinger »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 12:53:36 PM »
I have little to add to these ideas other than the principle question:

Do they bear those weapons because they want to look good & think Chaos looks good? Are they trying to impress fellow Empire soldiers, or their enemies, the Chaos warriors?

OR

Do they bear those weapons because they have no choice if they want to arm themselves effectively? Just grim hard necessity?

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.