home

Author Topic: 1,500: A Noob's Beginning!  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Sampson97

• Members
1,500: A Noob's Beginning!
« on: April 11, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »
SO. WELCOME TO THA' ARMY OF BEAN LADDIES.

Rule 1: Don' tick off tha' Ol' Bean or he'll feed ya t'tha' wolves.
Rule 2: Don' tick off Bonehead tha' Arch Lector...'Speically if ya call him Bonehead!
Rule 3: Ya better off fightin' than bein' stuck in tha' prison camp, let me tell ya that!
Rule 4: SMACK SOME SKULLS TOGETHER.
Rule 5: Ya mates are tha' Motley mates, 'member that.

So this was a fun little game for me to start out with an test out the capabilities of my force at 1,500 points with a big ol' fella called Wookie, who sadly couldn't fit in his WoC, but fetched out ALL ZE DAMN STINKY RATS. It was more of a learning curve for me here, and an introduction of sorts, but still was fun! To say now, the fella had to leave towards the end, but it was pretty damn close and y'all see why! Also, I forgot to fetch some demis...silly me, so I had to make plans FAST. No photos also..didn't have the chance to :/ May be a touch inaccurate as I did not keep a large track of the game...

The Army of Ol' Bean: 1,500

LORDS:

AL
Warhorse
Barded
AoD
Shield

Battle Wizard Lord (Light)
ToE
Dispel Scroll
LV3

HEROES:

Battle Wizard (Beasts)

LV1

BSB
ToPres
Pistol
Enchanted Shield

WP
H.A
GW

CORE:

38 Halberdiers
FC

10 Xbowmen

9 IC Knights
FC
Steel Standard

SPECIAL:

Cannon

THE DAMN DIRTY RAT LIST (What I could tell)

LORDS: Tha' Damn dirty squeaker himself, QUEEK HEADTAKER.

HEROES:

Warlock Engineer
Warplock Pistol
LV2

BSB
Not a darn flipping clue with armour...
Tail weapon
Halberd

CORE:

25 Clanrats

25 Clanrats

2 Warplock throwers (For both clan units)

I believe....FORTY OR FIFTY of tha' Damn Queek's special stormvermin guard...(There was a lot)

AND THE BATTLE COMMENCED.

My Light Lord managed to get: Speed of Light, Banishment, Net of Amyntok and Birona’s Timewarp

Mister Beasty Boy: Wyssen's Wildform

Tha' damn dirty Warlock Engineer: Warplock Lighting and...something that makes it -1 to hit by range!

SO. DEPLOYMENTS

Me:

I was very, very silly...I had no clue of what does what to what, and most of ya will shake ya head at this.

1. I put my army from left to right as this : Cannon, Xbowmen, Knights, Halberds
2...My knights happened to be opposite the woods, I should have flipped them round with tha' damn halberds.
3. Should have flipped it all around, as LoS was kinda blocked by the big troops, so kinda iffy....
4. WP+Beasts+BSB in Halberds
5. AL with Knights
6. Light Lord with Xbowmen

Skaven:

1. Clanrats either side of Stormvermin block.
2. Warpfire throwers between clanrats+Stormvermin

TURN 1: SKAVEN

1. He moves forward as he got first turn, and I was kind of..Scared by the sheer bulk of guys, 'specially tha' stormvermin...sheesh.

2. Magic...I dispel EVERYTHING. That's the benefit of having TWO Wizards, AL and a WP...I shut down his magic through the entire game.

3. No charges, no shooting, no nuthing.

TURN 2: EMPIRE

1. I move back...I tried to think maybe drag the clanrats through the forest...I wanted to get the charge here!

2. With the knights in tha' way....I manage to pop a couple stormvermin with the cannon, an' a couple more with the Xbowmen, but not enough so far! The angle was too awkward and like I said..I screwed up with tha' LoS.

3. MAGIC. Oh boy was I as giddy as a kipper! Magical dominance as usual, WP prayers were not needed so...Banishment + Net...Net actually got off on tha' stormvermin and Banishment chipped a couple off.

4. END.

TURN 2: SKAVEN

1. Moves up...Cept tha' stormvermin, they failed their strength test, lost a couple and couldn't move!

2. Magic shutdown! SUCK IT SKAVEN.

3. Pretty simple right?

TURN 2: EMPIRE

1. I charge...Smack dab into tha' skaven clanrats, I...Lose a Knight. Or two...

2. State troopers smack into tha' clanrats!

3. Pop a couple more stormvermin with tha' Xbowmen, no cannon sadly..LoS....

4. Magic...Get off Wildform on tha' Halberdiers and Speed of Light upon the Knights, I believe a re-roll to wound on  prayer for the halberds too...

5. MUNCH. Clanrat vs Knight is pretty much in my favour, mulch through a rank and a bit but damn their steadfast!

6. My guys...MUNCH MUNCH. They're really mean here, with a horde of halberds on them...'Specially thanks to Round 1 Hatred. Clanrats fail their leadership, chased, hacked and HULLO WARPFIRE THROWER.

TURN 3: SKAVEN.

1. Curse my horde...Stormvermin catch the end of my Halberds...With the Beast guy on the edge...Why why why. (Terrible at positioning!)

2. Warpfire moves round tha' corner of tha' over skaven to pop at my Xbowmen next turn...

3. MAGIC WOW. Skaven actually manage to get off the -1 at range spell, on the warpfire thrower! But an irresistible, so down to 1 wounds!

4. Combat...Ugh. Warpfire thrower with halberds is mulched, but my poor, poor Beasty...Dead. Wildform helps a little, but still....Couple dead halberds, not too bad for now...Then QUEEK comes out like 'Duel brah', so...Throw the poor champion at him! Dead.

5. Skaven...Actually manage to knick a Knight...Damn.

TURN 3: EMPIRE

1. No movement...

2. MAGIC. MAGIC FOR EVERYONE. Speed of Light off onto the Halberds, I try a few prayers for my halberds too but...Well...No.

3. Shooting...Well hullo Xbowmen...They finally kill tha' blasted warpfire thrower, despite the -1 to hit, and DEAD. I believe by now, with the few other stormvermin being dead, they made up for their points!

4. Combat...Combat...Bugger me. Sure Speed of Light helped, but Str 5 Horde Stormvermin will still hurt...A lot. I lost ALOT OF GUYS. I feel if I got off the Shield of Faith..May have helped. Still stuck with steadfast clanrats on my knights...Who lose another of them. COME ON GUYS. The ponies frankly killed more in this round than tha' Knights themselves.

TURN 4: SKAVEN

1. Movement. Nu uh.

2. Magic. Uper Nu uh.

3. Shooting...None to shoot so TRIPLE NU UH.

4. Combat...Oh hell. Stormvermin hack through my guys like damn butter, dead and deaer. Then Queek is here...And with my BSB there and a WP being lazy...I threw the WP at Queek, who promptly lost his head over it. STILL, I stay fast with my BSB...But for how long?

TURN 4: EMPIRE

1. No movement sadly...

2. Magic however...I see the Halberds not living for long so..Yep, Knights get speed of light and just left to their own devices!

3. No shooting either. AWWW.

4. Combat...Well...Hmmm. GO BSB, I CHOOSE YOU. Survives...On one wound. WELL THEN. Sadly this survival is short lived since I lose combat, by a lot, and I realize why to fear big core units that make GS look like chumps! I fail my Leadership TWICE, and...Bye bye banners, ya did...Okay. Luckily they flee away from tha' victorious stormvermin and they're eerily closer to tha' table edge now.

TURN 5: SKAVEN

1. They reform...OH DEAR GOD WE'RE DOOMED LADS.

2. Magic....Shut down as per usual...I'm seeing a trend here.

3. Not a lick of shooting, warplock pistol outta range!

4. Combat...Well, the clanrats are dead...Finally. I run them down like the DAMN DIRTY RATS THEY ARE and I...Lose another guy (Or two) through the woods. WHY OH WHY.

TURN 5: EMPIRE.

1. Knights now reform since we chased tha' damn rats outta tha' forest...Fail so can't move...LD 10 HERE FOLKS. And the remainder of tha' Motley Mates bugger off.

2. Magic...I throw a lot at the Stormvermin, but with a lot of my stuff being buffs, and not direct damage...Not so effective, they either fail or get dispelled. Damn.

3. Shooting...NOW SEE HERE FOLKS. I HAD A CHANCE. The Stormvermin were lined perfectly for a cannonball to slice through their ranks, and BAM IT DID. It sliced through numerous stormvermin, the BSB managed to back out, but poor ol' Queek...He failed that, and the cannonball ended. ON HIM. AHA. FANTASTIC, I SHALL ROLL THIS DICE AND...

ONE. A BLOODY ONE. And I failed to ention this, but the BSB DID WOUND HIM, so if I got a 2 then...Dead Queek, no Leader for Skaven!

4. No combat 'ere!

TURN 6: SKAVEN.

1. They're getting closer...and closer.

2. No shooting. Magic shutdown too!

3. Done and done.

TURN 6: EMPIRE.

1. I charge the Knights in, like...4 Knights and an AL charge into say...Less than 15 Stormvermin here. Who were still bloody scary!

2. Magic. SPEED OF LIGHT I LOVE THEE. By far my fave, and something I spammed a fair bit! But it went irresistable, but a SEVEN, so only two crossbowmen!

3. No shooting...Let's get to tha' good stuff.

4. Combat. The Knights smack the warlock engineer out of the way as they had to designate the hits on him since he WAS THE FLANK. But Queek is coming...I know what I most do. The Arch Lector, Ol' Bone 'Ead stands forward on his magnificent golden pony and accepts the challenge from Queek. Here we go folks, HERE WE GO. Speed of Light means I'm hitting Queek first and would ya know, even with no magic weapons, we still wound tha' guy! Queek hits back, so many, were WS10 and 4++ Ward Save, nu uh Queek, ya only did a wound! (I was surprised by tha' lack of a ward save..'cept for tha' red armour of his, still failed though!)/

TURN 7: SKAVEN

1. No magic, no shooting...No nothing. (Cept combat)

2. COMBAT TIME. Knight dish out pain, I get some pain,...I lose the banner and musician, just the Champion and AL now folks, but still in tha' bag!

Ol' Bone 'Ead throws a mean right hammer smack on Queek's Noggin, but he ain' having none of that, he's bringing out tha' swords, dear god someone bring out an official, tha' paramedics, tha' damn army, it's MADNESS. But what is this, Bone 'Ead is ducking an' weaving, missing a blow, 'cept for that nasty cut on his arm! WE'RE EVEN FOLKS, tha' Underdog, despite tha' odds, is still going, even tha' Red Armour failed t'wound him!

AND THAT'S IT FOLKS. My opponent sadly had to leave, so we called it at that, but all he had left now was around 10 stormvermin, a BSB and Queek, for me...8 Xbowmen, a Wizard Lord, 1 Knight, AL and a cannon! Say that's good for me!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:34:50 PM by Sampson97 »