home

Author Topic: Lore on Hallowguild?  (Read 5131 times)

Offline Iyen

• Members
Lore on Hallowguild?
« on: May 07, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
I don't follow up too much on the Age of Sigmar Campaigns so I'm a bit late but I do love me my Free Guild and I did notice this nice looking city right here from the Gate of Stars campaign and wanted to know a bit more about it, since I couldn't find any info on it online.

(Like is this City completely run/guarded by the Free guild or is it run/guarded by stormcasts too? Does it have its own standing army ? does it have its own count/Ruler? has the city surfaced anywhere else in lore?)

Hallowguild

Some of Chris Peach's Freeguild Troops that were featured on white dwarf

« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 02:18:40 PM by Iyen »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Lore on Hallowguild?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
Beautiful. All absolutely beautiful.
Love the cityscape.
What is that bottom unit?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »
Their handgunners converted to use dwarf iron drake guns. A lot of the freeguild units in the recent white dwarves have been heavily converted using bits from all the Order races.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
I agree with warlord. The white and gold is a really cool shock to the system.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Iyen

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 05:33:49 PM »
Aye same here I'm just tempted to make my own, the city itself is a beauty  though and judging by the name (and that the army used in the campaign was freeguild) I was hoping this would be a glimpse of one of the freeguild's factions.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 07:48:07 AM »
I couldn't find any more info than what you have already here.    Chris Peach did use his army for a number of games on the Warhammer Live Twitch stream when they first started on Twitch.  If you subscribe to that, then perhaps you can go back and try and watch those games featuring the army, you might pick up some of the background from them talking about it.

From what I vaguely remember it is mostly Freeguild, with occasional Stormcast help, but that's going on the armies Chris used in those games, rather than anything I can remember them saying about the city itself

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »
Their handgunners converted to use dwarf iron drake guns. A lot of the freeguild units in the recent white dwarves have been heavily converted using bits from all the Order races.

So basically at least $140 AUD for a unit of 10 guys. Hmmm.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
Probably a bit more. Looking at it more closely aren't the chest pieces from Great swords? I think they are a sweet kit bash, but I'm certainly not going to run out to buy the stuff just to make them.

Offline Iyen

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 06:18:04 PM »
I couldn't find any more info than what you have already here.    Chris Peach did use his army for a number of games on the Warhammer Live Twitch stream when they first started on Twitch.  If you subscribe to that, then perhaps you can go back and try and watch those games featuring the army, you might pick up some of the background from them talking about it.

From what I vaguely remember it is mostly Freeguild, with occasional Stormcast help, but that's going on the armies Chris used in those games, rather than anything I can remember them saying about the city itself

Thanks! I hope he still uses this army so they could talk more about it, looks like I got some catching up to do I didn't expect to see a Freeguild only city in the campaigns.

I Pray this is the "Reikland/Altdorf II" I have been looking for in Age of Sigmar, so much potential.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:23:59 PM by Iyen »

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 08:37:51 AM »
I don't think it's an exclusively human city.  He had aelves and humans and some duardin in his Freeguild conversions.  And sometimes led by a stormcast Hero or two.  I think from my memory it's a city populated with settlers from Azyrheim. 

Offline Iyen

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2017, 03:03:53 PM »
I don't think it's an exclusively human city.  He had aelves and humans and some duardin in his Freeguild conversions.  And sometimes led by a stormcast Hero or two.  I think from my memory it's a city populated with settlers from Azyrheim.
I personally don't mind if the hallowguild was a little bit diverse but dominated by the Imperials of old (like if there was an underground Dark elf/corsair crime ring or a slaaneshi cult, or a couple of dwarfs who live there like they did Altdorf that might be nice  :biggriin: ) I just want the states to reform again perhaps this time as Guild cities.

But if I recall correctly chris peach put those elves and stormcasts there as backup, and reinforcements. (not sure about that dwarf)

on his tweet his Storcasts are:
"More reinforcements for the Hallow guild"

and the elves:
"Other Aqshy units to assist Hallowguild in the fight."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 10:13:37 AM by Iyen »