home

Author Topic: Warhammer Legends Made to Order  (Read 18042 times)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Warhammer Legends Made to Order
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:14 PM »
Just for info, the first of the Warhammer Legends Made to Orders is kicking off this weekend, so for a week you can pre-order some Dark Elf stuff.

Here is the blurb from the Warhammer Community site:

Warhammer Legends will be a new addition to the Warhammer Community site, providing a home to rules for classic miniatures from Games Workshop so you can continue to play with warriors, heroes and monsters from the world-that-was in your narrative and open play games. Alongside this, as new units are added, we’ll be giving you a chance to add them to your collections through a series of week-long Made to Order offers.

With the Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin drawing on years of elven influences, we thought this inaugural Warhammer Legends would be a great time to revisit their origins and give you a chance to collect some fan-favourite Dark Elves from yesteryear.

In the first wave of Warhammer Legends Made to Order, you’ll find the classic iteration of Morathi – a great way for any Daughters of Khaine player to pay homage to where it all began – as well as a collection of Dark Elf heroes. Meanwhile, Mengil Manhide’s Manflayers are a much-requested unit from the old Dogs of War range who provide a gory spin on Scourge Corsairs, while Lokhir Fellheart pays homage to the nautical elements of the asur and druchii that would later be fully realised with the Idoneth Deepkin.

Like all Made to Order waves, these Warhammer Legends will only be available for one week – so make sure to come back on Saturday so you don’t miss your chance!

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Warhammer Legends Made to Order
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
I don't think this will be very interesting for empire collectors, should it ever come to this - with the exception of the old blood bowl miniatures that they offered again a couple of months ago, they only seem to offer the newer (character) miniatures from 7th and 8th edition. So what will it be for us? The 'new' versions of Marius Leitdorf, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Kurt Helborg and 3-4 champions/heros on foot. Probably in finecast resin again. Exciting.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 02:06:44 PM »
I don't think this will be very interesting for empire collectors, should it ever come to this - with the exception of the old blood bowl miniatures that they offered again a couple of months ago, they only seem to offer the newer (character) miniatures from 7th and 8th edition. So what will it be for us? The 'new' versions of Marius Leitdorf, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Kurt Helborg and 3-4 champions/heros on foot. Probably in finecast resin again. Exciting.

You may be right, but then Mengil Manhide's is a bit older, and comments on the facebook page for requests there were a LOT for Teutogen Guard.  We'll see how it goes, I guess if people ask for certain minis for Empire/ Freeguild there is more chance they might make them

Offline Bartolo Miachevelia

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 05:13:59 AM »
Well done GW, always mocking Warhammer players :dry:

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 05:48:05 AM »
Alright; Manflayers. That'll be a nice addition to my small Dogs of war force

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 11:46:31 PM »
Isn't that Morathi pretty old? I know most of the Empire requested stuff I saw was older models.

I'm pretty happy to see the Manflayers actually. I'll likely pick them up.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »
Isn't that Morathi pretty old? I know most of the Empire requested stuff I saw was older models.

I'm pretty happy to see the Manflayers actually. I'll likely pick them up.
Indeed, Morathai is from 2001. She's always been popular with Dark elf players and collectors though

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 07:11:10 AM »
I do like squidface, but would prefer metal.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 01:28:20 PM »
Lokhir the Squidface remains one of my favorite, 'hammer minis of all time.

Lovecraft would be proud.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
I got squidface long before I got any other dark elves, he was just that awesome.

I think most of it is metal isn't it? Wasn't most of the previous made to order metal?

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 06:32:14 PM »
I got squidface long before I got any other dark elves, he was just that awesome.

I think most of it is metal isn't it? Wasn't most of the previous made to order metal?

His lore is godly. Very lovecraftian. Love it.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 06:42:45 AM »
Squidface is the zoidiest

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 11:03:05 AM »
Lokhir is metal.

I think everything is metal.

To me this is a very good thing, can't really see a reason to complain - we're getting some old models back! I wonder if this is in any way related to the community poll they did some time ago.

As for new vs. old models - Mengil is 6th edition, so is Morathi. The previous Made to Orders for 40k had stuff from 3d edtion and even a reeeally old Farseer, (Rouge Trader?) so it's quite possible we will see some interesting stuff down the line. I am hyped for Empire, High Elves and Dwarves, gotta squirrel some money away for that.

The only downside is that the minis are more expensive, than the 40K equivalents. The Kasrkin they re-did some time ago were an absolute bargain, cheaper event than the current plastic scions. Mengil's Flayers are a bit more expensive but still vastly cheaper, than what evilbay has to offer.

"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2018, 07:10:55 AM »
GW doing recasts of their own minis!

No seriously, does anybody know if the minis come from the original moulds, or if GW remoulds them before casting?

Because there was some speculation whether GW storaged all the moulds for the metal models they quit selling over the years.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 07:16:35 AM »
Teutogen Guard or Kislev. I'd love to do a unit of them--even an army themed around them--but they are SO expensive second hand.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »
Teutogen Guard or Kislev. I'd love to do a unit of them--even an army themed around them--but they are SO expensive second hand.

This! THIS!👆👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »
I always dreamed about a classic Kislev army. Even have the mini-rulebook. :blush:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 01:13:18 PM »
I always dreamed about a classic Kislev army. Even have the mini-rulebook. :blush:

Same👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 01:51:21 AM »
I think long and hard about collecting classic armies; Preatorians, Chaos dwarfs, Dogs of war and others. I don't as I have a mortgage and other commitments. Its such a hard thing to cope with.

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 03:23:06 PM »
A new round of warhammer fantasy 'Made to Order' stuff comming up:

Nothing empire related but I thought I'd stick it here. No idea about prices and a bit weird combination of miniatures truth be told.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »
I always thougt it strange how quickly they discontinued the fat Ogre on a flood of Gnoblars. I thought it was a decent enough model, even if perhaps a little too horizontal.

Zacharias is refreshing to see.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »
Always nice to see Zacharias back in stock, if only for a little while.

Gneisenau

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
Why is his dragon striking a 'dancing queen' pose though? I never could decipher what it's supposed to be doing!

I do like seeing Grom back, I might snatch him if he's not too expensive.

I'm kind of lost on the pattern they've adopted for bringing these old models back. I thought it was gonna be race-by-race. The first one was DE and now it's Tomb Kings, VC, greenskins and ogres.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 10:06:48 AM »
I'm still waiting for Empire minis to be available as Made to Order. Still waiting... :dry:

Gneisenau

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 08:29:17 PM »
Me too Xathrodox  :x :ph34r:
GENTLEMAN OF WAR