home

Author Topic: Mislead Lizards  (Read 29867 times)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2004, 03:25:22 PM »
Konrad sees a bunch of skinks pop up in front of the Empire line, a dart hitting him in the chest but being turned by the well-forged armour. Frowning, Konrad pulls two repeater pistols and starts gunning down skinks.

Rudolf: Accelerate! Time to kill lizards!

Himmelwagen gets into motion, tuffing right onto the skink formation, and the skinks hastily jump out of its way. Pulling a switch, Rudolf lets out boiling hot steam through the steam gun, swiping around 360 degrees, scorching a dozen skinks in the process and sending another dozen running from fear. Suddenly Rudolf notices that there are several carnosaurs ahead.

Rudolf: Halt! Full speed backwards! Retreat to the line!

Seeing the threat the carnosaurs will pose, Konrad turns to Vek.

Konrad: Vek, test how thick a carnosaur's skin is between its eyes. I've always wondered. If it appears to be too thick for penetration by a bullet, fire at will.

[/i]
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2004, 03:46:08 PM »
OOC: I must've overlooked this before, but ... several carnosaurs!?

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2004, 08:56:45 PM »
DANG IT!!! Come on, reinfrorce mt flank.
You can give a man a sword, but that won't make him a soldier.
You can give a man a pen, but that won't make him a writer.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2004, 09:44:56 PM »
megamac, if you would follow my suggestion, you would move to the first hill. We're unable to defend a battleline that long anyway.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Vek

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2004, 04:28:36 PM »
Vek yells to his handgunners.

Vek: The Carnasaurs! Aim for their eyes! Aim...FIRE!

There is a loud crack, and the gunpowder propelled lead balls tore into the Carnasaur pack, although none fell.

Vek: Right. Reload!

Vek goes back to looking through his scope, putting the crosshairs of his Hochland on the left eye of the lead Carnasaur. He draws a deep breath in, lets it half out, and pulls the trigger.

As he pulls the trigger, the skinks nearby fire their blowguns. Several of the handgunners around Vek fall.

Vek, not even checking to see if his shot hit, throws himself to the ground and tries to reload.

Vek: Konrad! Get someone to kill those Skinks. Now!
--Vek

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2004, 05:58:02 PM »
The Teutoge Guard move onto Hill 1 along with the Winged Lancers.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2004, 06:55:34 PM »
Konrad: Hey, winged lancers! What are you waiting for? Charge and slay some skinks, then return to position!

Offline Vek

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2004, 07:00:05 PM »
OOC - Doesn't seem to be an edit button...meh. I forgot to mention that those skinks are *behind* us, not infront
--Vek

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2004, 07:48:51 PM »
Seeing the handgunners under attack by the stealthy skills, Lethair and his huntsmen run towards the nimble skirmishers, shooting a volley as they move. To keep the skinks from running away, Lethair conjures a illusionary maze in the minds of the skinks. Seeing them staggering around confused. The huntsmen charge into the skirmishers and kill them before they notice what hit them.

Turning to Konrad with a sly smile, Lethair saluted the young noble

"Threat negated, commander"

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2004, 09:29:08 PM »
Read above I am on the left flank man lol!  and they are on the right flank the way we are looking!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2004, 09:49:18 PM »
OOC: just to be sure, this is what the lizardmen battle line looks like:
----------------------------------Slann-----------------------------------------
----Temple guard-----------Skinks+Kroxigors-----------Cold One Riders-
----------------------------------Carnosours-----------------------------------

And ours:

----------Greatswords-Pikemen-Steam Tank-Swordmasters-Halberdiers-
----------------------------Handgunners-Handgunners--------Greatswords-
----------------------------Huntsmen---------------Griffon Legion---Knights-

Is this correct?

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2004, 01:08:16 AM »
Looks like it messed up  alittle but yeah lizard is right preety much and I stated my unit it is gonna help hold the left flank!
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2004, 01:09:10 AM »
Charles stands before a large unit of spearmen with 2 detachments on the left flank! He vows to hold the flank against the lizardmen! the 2 detahcments are swordsman (to the right!) and free companies ( to the left!) Charles orders ten crossbowmen to go stand on one of the hills and to obey vek or konrads orders!

User#364

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2004, 01:11:08 AM »
Vek's shot barely makes it but shooting at such a distance with a distraction he barely missed the spot hitting the beat in the mouth it screams in out rage and urges the liens forward!
   The Lizard line snaps into motion and they began their charge just as the skinks begin their retreat!  Charles yells up the line for the men to not to pursue the skinks!

User#364

Offline Vek

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2004, 02:46:13 AM »
Vek looks around, trying to figure out just how many handgunners were left. With a sinking feeling in his stomach, he realized that they were all either dead or dying of the skink poison. He sighed in dismay as he quickly reloaded his Hochland. Once reloaded, he centered the crosshairs on the charging, already wounded Carnasaur. He aimed for the center of it's massive forehead, held his breath, and gently pulled the trigger. The bullet explods out of the gun and hits the Carnasaur in the right eye, felling it.

As Vek reaches into a pouch to draw another bullet to load, he turns to look at Konrad.

Vek: My Handgunners are dead. Where do you want me to snipe from? Who should I join up with?
--Vek

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2004, 03:57:31 AM »
Where is my other unit?

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2004, 04:43:03 AM »
too vek:  10 crossbowmen run up asking where he wanted them! Note: they cant shoot handguns lol!  imrproved range!

User#364

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2004, 01:00:32 PM »
Konrad: Cold one Cavalry... we will have to plough through those first before we get to execute our flanking maneuver. Greatswords, we are going to be charged by a pack of huge reptiles... but whatever charges us, we will hold the line!

Hearing the greatswords cheer, Konrad turns to first knight Karl.

Konrad: We will have to do a smaller flanking maneuvre within the bigger. I will march forth and draw those cold ones into a charge, prepare to ride around their left flank once combat has been joined.

Seeing the  horde of cold one cavalry in front of him, Konrad starts to consider the soundness of his plan. He might be leading his men into death, but he cannot think of any unit in the army with more staying power than his greatsword guard. He just hopes they will be able to hold their ground long enough for the knights to execute the flanking maneuvre.

Offline Ceridan the Green One

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
Both Ceridan and Kaliath are busy using magic. While Kaliath is still unexpirienced in the ways of battle magic, Ceridan is Dueling with Slann. Aaargh, The Slann´s good. Weary good. But I´m Greater. Kaliath summons lightning and casts it into the Temple Guards. Bladelord Aryanar sends a messenger to Konrad: We´re waiting your orders sir!
All my foes share one thing:
They´re all afraid of me!

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2004, 02:21:43 PM »
OOC: Konrad, Erik's halberdiers are still in front of your greatsword unit, they were supposed to hold the first charge (at least, for a short while).

Erik turned to adress his men.

"Lads, we'll need to hold those damned reptiles in place until the cavalry relieves us. Be ready to make way for those greatswords that will be charging through us. For now, just plant your halberd fimrly into the ground and let those lizards ride themselves to death on your weapon."

Around him, the halberdiers started to prepare their defensive position, while Erik turned to Konrad.

"Sir, we're ready to recieve the charge, but we will not hold them forever. Give us a sign when you are about to charge through us and we'll do our best to get out of your way."

Seeing that the manouvre on the right flank had to succeed in order to survive this battle, Lethair commanded his huntsmen to run towards the newly recruited Talabheim greatswords.

Karl turned his horse around and moved towards the Kislve horsemen.

"Greetings, men of Kislev. My knights will be attemting to flank the cold one riders when they clash with our infantry and I would like you to join us. What do you say, sons of Kislev?

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2004, 03:54:27 PM »
OCC: is Konrad comanding my army now??? lol a captain not yet a count reaching too far! lol j/k but i would liek to contorl most of the army I let the plan slide but now their asking you for orders lol!

The Lizardmen army is fast closing not too mention their entire line is staying together in a straight line!  They are now in range of shooting and magical missles!  Charles yells down for Konrad and vek to open fire!  "Where are my wizards?"

User#364

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2004, 04:41:13 PM »
Reaching Konrad's greatswords after a short run, Lethair walked straight past the greatswords to face Konrad.

"Greetings Konrad, a brave plan you've got here. I might be of some assistance to make sure your plan will work. With my magic, I might make it somewhat easier for you to rout those cold one riders.
I'll conjure some ghostly warriors to assist you in your charge, so warn your men for those ghosts. Hopefully, the horror that those ghosts will inflict upon those cold-blooded lizards will send the running.
After you've broken through, I'll lead these huntsmen to the slann mage priest and we'll try to kill it. Until now, we haven't noticed any of its powers, but I'm quite sure that when it really starts its magic, we will not be able to hold it back. I can only hope to protect these brave hunters long enough for them to kill the toad-like creature."

Offline megamac20817

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2004, 06:29:43 PM »
We join you brave Knitghs of the Empire. May these Lizards fell cold steel!

OOC: Do you lead KoWW? I want to say For Ursun we follow Ulric.

Offline deepfat

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2004, 07:05:23 PM »
The pikemen take light casualties from the skink barrage of posion, Bernardo see the line of lizzards moving towards them, he orders his men to ready their pikes and form into a defensive wall of steel.

"Hold fast men, have faith in Sigmar"

Berando draws his swords and awaits the first charge.
There's an old army sayin "tough luck for you" - Sergeant Jackrum Tenth infantry otherwise know as the "Ins-and-outs"

• Members
Mislead Lizards
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2004, 07:40:16 PM »
Quote from: megamac20817

OOC: Do you lead KoWW? I want to say For Ursun we follow Ulric.

OOC: I'm sorry, those are just regular knights, but they do come from Middenheim so they would worship Ulric anyway  :D

BiC:

"I'm glad to hear so, Kislevite brothers. We'll fight together, for glory and death!"