home

Author Topic: 8th edition on route.  (Read 139949 times)

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Re: 8th edition on route.
« Reply #850 on: August 28, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »
The martian hovercraft is OK, but overall I think GW's vehicle design is getting sloppier with each release.

Like, what the hell is this?

Looks like a botched kitbash where someone frankensteined a land raider and a rhino, slapped some tank tracks underneath and gave it a prolapse engine.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #851 on: September 18, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »
Let's play a game. Real model, or terrible photoshop?

Luckily, it's just a photoshop. But part of me wants to buy it...

BUT we do have new primaris special characters! The next two supplement books with be Imperial Fists and Salamanders.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2019, 07:36:06 AM »
BUT we do have new primaris special characters! The next two supplement books with be Imperial Fists and Salamanders.

I really love the Salamanders one and as my daughter started Salamanders this would be a great addition!.. Now hopefully that Conquest magazine will come to the Netherlands and then we can really start with the Primaris Salamanders to form a nice army
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #853 on: October 06, 2019, 09:04:26 PM »
The new Psychic Awakening event kicks off next week. A new Eldar Vs Eldar boxset, the first campaign book, and possibly more!

In addition to the miniatures, Blood of the Phoenix includes a 40-page campaign book telling the tale of the ancient grudge between those who fled the Fall aboard the space-faring Craftworlds and those who arrogantly continued the dark practices that first damned their race.

The action then follows Drazhar’s quest to cement his place in legend by slaying a Phoenix Lord in combat, and you can refight each stage of his bloodthirsty journey with three Echoes of War missions that are inspired by the narrative. Finally, the book features all of the datasheets for the models in the battlebox – including the awesome new rules for Jain Zar and Drazhar, both of whom are now utterly terrifying!

Psychic Awakening: Phoenix Rising

The first in an upcoming series of Psychic Awakening books, Phoenix Rising recounts the seismic events that may well change the future of the Aeldari race forever. Desperate alliances will be forged against ancient enemies. Hope and despair will become entwined. The mightiest champions of the Asuryani, Drukhari and Ynnari will fight as one to prevent their ultimate doom. Of course, this is just the first part of a galaxy-spanning series of events that is set to change the fate of Warhammer 40,000 forever, so even if you’re not an Aeldari fan, chances are you’ll want to get your hands on this book anyway!

You can read all about it and get all of the info you need to refight the key battles in an 80-page hardback book, deluxe Collector’s Edition, or in Enhanced and ePub digital formats. If you’re looking to treat yourself, the Collector’s Edition includes an additional 16 pages of background material, featuring Psychic Awakening fiction in the form of four short stories that won’t be available in print anywhere else!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #854 on: October 08, 2019, 01:32:31 AM »
New pictures of the brand new Sister's of Battle boxset coming out in November, along with the codex.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #855 on: October 08, 2019, 01:45:05 AM »
Interesting.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #856 on: October 08, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »
I Like them
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #857 on: October 08, 2019, 05:41:31 PM »
I hope Sisters of Battle is a great success. People have been asking for them for ages and it would be good if GW saw that giving us what we want is a good way to get money to change from our pocket into theirs.

(New Imperial knights, new Imperial knights, new Imperial knights)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #858 on: October 12, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
Any new IG rumors?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #859 on: October 12, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
Not particularly. There was a rumour/leak a few weeks ago about what the next fivish campaign books were going to focus on. Lots of different space marines, and its possible guard or other imperial will get something with one of them, but otherwise nothing very firm.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #860 on: October 12, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »
They've been building up the Sisters all year - small updates about various units in newsletters, and recently have been promoting the old metal figures, saying they won't be available for much longer.

That would seem to be the next big launch - details of the 'army box' released last week.

I hope it pushes up the value of the metal stuff even more - minis sell quite often on ebay for more than GW pricing - I think a lot of buyers don't realise they are still available, or were still available as they have been an online/direct only product for a few years.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Members
« Reply #861 on: October 18, 2019, 06:52:01 AM »
Imperial Fists preview:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/16/space-marines-preview-the-imperial-fistsgw-homepage-post-1/

Salamanders preview:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/17/space-marines-preview-sons-of-vulkangw-homepage-post-1/

As my daughter has Salamanders (still building up..) I found this one pretty interesting, though still a pretty close range army it will be a task to get it savely mid board to start doing the damage.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #862 on: November 08, 2019, 01:41:26 PM »
I like the new Sister stuff. Looks great. Does it belong in 40k? No I don't think so. They seem to be better placed in their Kill Team or even Necromunda games. 40k seems to be confused on what kind of game it is. Back in 2nd Edition which was more skirmish, Sisters and Arbites made a little more sense, but in a game with typically masses of military units, I don't understand how the Sisters are supposed to fit in. It seems ridiculous they would have huge masses of troops, and I think they are better as part of the Grey Knight/Inquisitor like organization. And if you are going to develop armies with smaller organization structures, then what is stopping them from putting in Necromunda gangs in 40k? Might as well.

I haven't followed the rumors much though, so I don't really know what GW has planned. But if I see the Sisters in that Apocalypse game then I think it will be dumb.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #863 on: November 08, 2019, 02:23:53 PM »
The sisters are growing in size, and their mission remains the same.  Before you know it, they'll take over the universe! :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #864 on: November 08, 2019, 02:24:32 PM »
In the fluff SoBs are arrayed in monastic orders. I don't know the in-universe size of an order or how many order there are supposed to be (probably deliberately undisclosed by GW as with the total number of SM chapters), but seeing as they're the sole standing military of the ecclesiarchy, their capabilities would likely not be insubstantial.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #865 on: November 08, 2019, 03:38:31 PM »
They've been described as fielding 'army' sized formations before, especially if a shrine world is at stake or a crusade is gathering. I'd say your just as likely to find an army of sisters as you would space marines. There's only 1000 of them in a chapter after all, I bet there's an equal number or far more in the average Sisters Order.

They were very specifically designed as the loop hole around the 'no men under arms' rule the Church has. Considering the power of the Church I highly doubt they'd just make a few.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #866 on: November 13, 2019, 02:05:50 AM »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #867 on: November 16, 2019, 01:26:43 PM »
UK GW sold out 2 hours after they sent the email announcing the pre-order!
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #868 on: November 19, 2019, 01:45:01 PM »
UK GW sold out 2 hours after they sent the email announcing the pre-order!

yeah the US as well
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #869 on: November 20, 2019, 06:04:47 PM »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #870 on: November 23, 2019, 04:25:47 PM »
As a Blood Angels player this looks good  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #871 on: November 23, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »
Look at that sweet nipple armor!

I actually do quite like the model. Hmm, how to spin it into something that fits the Deathwatch or my homebrew chapter.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #872 on: November 23, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »
I don't like how it is painted.  Not sure I like the figure either.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #873 on: November 23, 2019, 06:39:20 PM »
Reminds me of the Von-Carstine , Vlad model .. the one with the cape flying out turning into bats
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #874 on: November 30, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
New reveals!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/30/reveals-from-the-warhammer-40000-open-daygw-homepage-post-1/

More Sisters of Battle!

Triumph of Saint Katherine

and new Repentia

and a flyer for Ad mech (fighter/bomber/transport options) the Archeaopter