home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537698 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5425 on: May 12, 2018, 04:20:53 AM »
^ What's the quote from the Monty Python philosophers soccer skit? I cant remember which of the German philosophers it was who started arguing with the referee, over having no free will and the referee, Confucius said "Name go in book"

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5426 on: May 12, 2018, 07:41:54 AM »
Deciding to write an essay on free will might have been a mistake.

You could have chosen not to, you know.  :-) You'll understand better once you've studied for the essay.  :wink:
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #5427 on: May 12, 2018, 10:49:14 PM »
I watched the EuroVision Song contest... WHY!  :?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5428 on: May 13, 2018, 12:20:51 AM »
You are a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you? If you were a glass half full sort of person you would have posted that comment in the happy and random thoughts thread.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #5429 on: May 13, 2018, 08:15:24 AM »
You are a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you? If you were a glass half full sort of person you would have posted that comment in the happy and random thoughts thread.

Well I started as a glass half full when I started watching hoping that it would be something good..
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #5430 on: May 13, 2018, 12:05:05 PM »
Deciding to write an essay on free will might have been a mistake.

You could have chosen not to, you know.  :-) You'll understand better once you've studied for the essay.  :wink:
I think that I have a generally decent grasp of the framework. I will use the Christian reformation views of the free will as a bulk of the essay. It helps having the Renaissance Catholics, Protestants and Calvinists having pretty distinct stances on the subject.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5431 on: May 13, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
20 years ago, I used to play the Rifts R.P.G with a small group of friends. Over the years, we separated, lost contact and I all but forgot about the game [all I could remember was the necron-esque skeleton robots and the faction called 'the coalition'] I recently rediscovered the game and its communities. Trying to track down the source books we used has been a bit of a doozy.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5432 on: May 25, 2018, 12:37:31 PM »
Yeah, sometimes the nostalgia can kick you in the balls... :unsure:

Today's football match made me realize just how out of shape I am. :icon_frown:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5433 on: May 25, 2018, 03:36:57 PM »
Sadly the youtuber TotalBiscuit passed away yesterday. 33 years old, dyed of Cancer. He was probably one of the biggest youtubers I watched. He could be incredibly abrasive at time, but really made youtubers a bit more professional and less screamy kiddy.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5434 on: May 26, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »
Is this the right place to put this. Is it ok? I have told all my other net communities.

On the evening of the 24th when I came home from work I was savagely attacked by my own brother in an unprovoked assault. I have a fractured skull, damaged optic nerves and will require reconstructive surgery. There is a chance I could loose vision in my left eye entirely. I cant work until I recover. My living room is a mess from where he threw me around [namely the far wall where he nearly hurled me through it], I'm scared to leave the house by my own and I need assistance in crossing the street like an old age pensioner.
I used to look like my namesake [with far less flab and shorter hair] but now I look more like a cyclops
I am become Yarrick, accidental destroyer of fibro walls   

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5435 on: May 26, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
Bloody hell, that's horrible! What a truly terrible thing to happen, on all levels: the injuries, the shock, the stress, the fear, the fact it was your own brother.

I wish I could offer advice, but all I can say is work it through and you'll come out the other side somehow. And yes, you can post here. People should always feel like they can share their fears and worries. Doing so itself is part of what will make things better.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5436 on: May 26, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »
Sorry to hear this rowsdower. As Padre said above. You’ve probably already done this but even if it’s your brother, this should be a police matter for your own safety as it has impacted all of your life. Terrible stuff.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5437 on: May 26, 2018, 01:44:39 PM »
Wow that's terrible. I hope the cops got involved and dealt with your brother at least. That's a pretty hard core hurting. I wish I could do more then offer my sympathy.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5438 on: May 27, 2018, 06:14:03 AM »
Thanks for the support, guys. Yes I called the police and the overweight thug has been charged to the full extent. What's worse about the entire scenario is that after roughing me up, he headed straight to our 84 year old grandma's with the intention of doing her in, fortunately one of my uncles was there and he fled as soon as he saw my uncle.
As he threatened to kill everyone in the family and roughed me up, we've all spoken to the police and he's being prosecuted and will likely receive a jail term. He's also been disowned and disconnected. I happen to have a friend who is a prison guard and yes; the rumours you hear about prison ARE TRUE.

For what its worth; my face has recovered a bit and my eye doesn't hurt as much. If I cant keep my job at the hotel then maybe I can find a job as an opera phantom or the next Bond villain?

The funny part about all this is uncle Roscoe; he has all the grace, manners and decorum of a river troll. If he hadn't gone to grandma's to ask her for beer money she'd be dead. Props to Roscoe for his accidental heroism

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5439 on: May 27, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »
I am glad you can keep a sense of humour in this. I think ol roscoe has secured a permanent source for beer money if you ask me. That’s a lifetime supply in my books. The absolute worst in this is your damaged eye. Everything else can heal but this is truly a loss. I hope it will get better thru time. I lost my site in my right eye for a couple of weeks in a chemical burn and that was very scary. Luckily only the top protective layers were burned off and it came back fully but it was like somebody gently rubbing my eye with 80 grit sandpaper for awhile. Cheers Rowsdower and here’s to your recovery.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5440 on: May 27, 2018, 02:11:35 PM »
I was able to partially open my left eye today. Vision is still off in it but that's still a plus. I have an appointment with an optometrist tomorrow. I also spoke to uncles Garry and Roscoe [not real names, I'm using aliases for them to protect them]. Garry is an air force judge [the real life JAG] Garry cant have anything to do with the case as its a conflict of interest but he says my former brothers outlook is increasingly worse with every day.
As for Roscoe; he might dress like a drunken Stirland militia man, speak like a river troll and smell like a Bretonian peasants underpants but we've been singing his praises all weekend.
I spoke to grandma too; she said she was 'dusting off the sawn off'....my 84 year old grandma is packing heat. I didn't know she had a gun. I'd never guess in a million years she had a sawn off shotgun at that. Now I'm imagining her cradling it on her lap as she nits and watches the daytime soaps in a rocking chair. 

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #5441 on: May 28, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »
TotalBiscuit is dead.

That fucking sucks.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #5442 on: May 28, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
It really does. He did a great deal for gaming.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5443 on: May 28, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
It really does. He did a great deal for gaming.

This re emergence of MrDWhitey should be in the happy random thread!! Welcome back!!
Still have to google TotalBiscuit but that’s life.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #5444 on: May 29, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »
Wow, Rowsdower.  All the best.

Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5445 on: May 30, 2018, 12:26:00 AM »
My 2 and a half month old daughter will need surgery. Not looking forward to it. 1/2 of her left kidney isn't working the way its suppose to.  The doctor will let us know later this week if they should remove it or go in and tie it off so it dies and is reabsorbed into the body.

TotalBiscuit is dead.

That fucking sucks.

He was a great man in a modern age full of mediocrity.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5446 on: May 30, 2018, 01:16:36 AM »
I have to say I never really understood fear until my son was born. My heart goes out to you and your family as this is way to much for you to have to be dealing with at this point. Good luck with the surgery.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #5447 on: May 30, 2018, 07:09:47 AM »
Jesus Christ, Feanor! I can understand your worries. I really hope everything will go well and that she makes a full recovery.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #5448 on: May 30, 2018, 08:17:00 AM »
I know, right?

I understand rationally what a low probability 1 in 200 is. Still, it felt like way more when we found out that our then-unborn firstborn had that probability of having a chromosomal abnormality. Ended up pissing away over a thousand Euros on finding out just to be sure.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5449 on: May 30, 2018, 01:17:30 PM »
that sucks feanor, good luck.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.