home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537631 times)

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »
Point taken.

Just play a different one of your 23 armies (rough estimation). :icon_wink:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »
Nevermind the result - just how are you getting to game on a Thursday afternoon Mr "I cannot be spared from work even on the Friday of the Eurobash"

:closed-eyes:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
The company is closed for summer holidays ?
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2010, 02:08:44 AM »
Sweet baby Ray's...

I went into the dentist earlier to get my wisdom teeth removed (all 5 of them...) and in the course of removing the bottom right tooth my jaw fractured.  It was only a hairline, but they weren't able to finish.  They had to wire my jaw shut and I'll be this way for at least 3 weeks with a possibility of 6.  Hurts like the dickens, but I've got some decent pain medication that doesn't make me feel like I'm constantly listening to Janis Joplin music.  I hope to be in decent shape in a couple of days.  Though when I go back to get the others removed, if that is, the same thing may occur.  I guess I couldn't be a boxer with this glass jaw.  But, even though this is quite unhappy I'm still keeping my spirits up and thankful that it went as well as it did.  It could always be worse.  The dentist is actually quite good and did inform me that there was a possibility of this happening, so it's not a huge shock.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2010, 04:43:01 AM »
Sweet baby Ray's...

I went into the dentist earlier to get my wisdom teeth removed (all 5 of them...)
Mutant! I only had 4.

and in the course of removing the bottom right tooth my jaw fractured. It was only a hairline, but they weren't able to finish.  They had to wire my jaw shut and I'll be this way for at least 3 weeks with a possibility of 6.  Hurts like the dickens, but I've got some decent pain medication that doesn't make me feel like I'm constantly listening to Janis Joplin music.  I hope to be in decent shape in a couple of days.  Though when I go back to get the others removed, if that is, the same thing may occur.  I guess I couldn't be a boxer with this glass jaw.  But, even though this is quite unhappy I'm still keeping my spirits up and thankful that it went as well as it did.  It could always be worse.  The dentist is actually quite good and did inform me that there was a possibility of this happening, so it's not a huge shock.
Dang man! That's not so good.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2010, 10:17:38 AM »
Oh wow - a "Wuss" buster - I can never use that again .......................

I empathise - I have suffered with my teeth - combination of violent basketball checks and lousy gums mean real ones are few and far between, and my wisdoms jumped almost into the pliers of their own volition ..........  :engel:

However it is still one of those 'wince making' moments when you hear about it ........ a bit like that cringe you get when you see another man get hit in the nuts.  :closed-eyes:

Still I'm sure Mrs Wiss is happy - no back chat for 3 weeks ......................
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:34:41 PM by Midaski »

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2010, 12:15:34 PM »
Sweet baby Ray's...

I went into the dentist earlier to get my wisdom teeth removed (all 5 of them...) and in the course of removing the bottom right tooth my jaw fractured.  It was only a hairline, but they weren't able to finish.  They had to wire my jaw shut and I'll be this way for at least 3 weeks with a possibility of 6.  Hurts like the dickens, but I've got some decent pain medication that doesn't make me feel like I'm constantly listening to Janis Joplin music.  I hope to be in decent shape in a couple of days.  Though when I go back to get the others removed, if that is, the same thing may occur.  I guess I couldn't be a boxer with this glass jaw.  But, even though this is quite unhappy I'm still keeping my spirits up and thankful that it went as well as it did.  It could always be worse.  The dentist is actually quite good and did inform me that there was a possibility of this happening, so it's not a huge shock.

Ouchy. You have my pity.

Note to self: Don't use this smiley for three weeks when writing to wissenlander: :ph34r:

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »
Thanks for the well wishes.

Mutant! I only had 4.

Yeah, I was surprised to find another hanger on.  I was...ashamed.

Oh wow - a "Wuss" buster - I can never use that again .......................

I am quite manly.

I empathise - I have suffered with my teeth - combintionS of violent basketball checks and lousy gums mean real ones ar few and far between, and my wisdoms jumped almost into the pliers of their own volition ..........  :engel:

I did have a tooth knocked out playing American football once.  I didn't play street ball, though, which sounds like what they play over on your side of the pond.

However it is still one of those 'wince making' moments when you hear about it ........ a bit like that cringe you get when you see another man get hit in the nuts.  :closed-eyes:

That and anything to do with knees. :eusa_sick:

Still I'm sure Mrs Wiss is happy - no back chat for 3 weeks ......................

That's not true.  I'm already sassing her.

Note to self: Don't use this smiley for three weeks when writing to wissenlander: :ph34r:

I can smile, it just looks like the first time T'ealc smiled on Stargate SG-1.  More creepy than anything.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dunrik

• Members
  • Alexander von Wolfenberg
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
The roof in my room is leaking...
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

My blog, http://wolfenbergtimes.blogspot.com/

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »
The roof in my room is leaking...

Well, now you don't have to go very far to take a shower...

in all seriousness, how bad is the leak?  Something that a little repair job can do, or does it require an entire roof remodel?
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Dunrik

• Members
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2010, 02:02:47 PM »
I have no idea. My dad is coming home to take a look at it. I believe it is only a minor leak, as it was only slowly dripping. Though it was leaking from under the central beam in the roof, so I guess that is no good... Hopefully it is easy fixed.
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

"You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks."
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline jlutin

• Members
  • In Development Now
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2010, 02:55:34 PM »
I have no idea. My dad is coming home to take a look at it. I believe it is only a minor leak, as it was only slowly dripping. Though it was leaking from under the central beam in the roof, so I guess that is no good... Hopefully it is easy fixed.

If you can get to the beam, staple a towel to the beam below where the water starts and around the beam with a good bit hanging down.  Put a bucket below the towel.  The towel absorbs the water, gravity and soaking will pull the water down and drip into the bucket.

Gives you time to fix the leak.
Obama has spent more time playing golf than meeting with Republicans, his Deficit Commission, his Job Council and his Cabinet COMBINED.

Offline Dunrik

• Members
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »
Dad found the problem. They made a mistake when they made the roof over 20 years ago with the drainage. It is an easy fix, but we don't have any spare roof tiles, and my dad don't want to risk to break one while fixing the leak without having a spare one. Now he just need to find some that fits...
RIP Rufas/Ironmonger

Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2010, 05:10:52 AM »
So, an update on my... 'situation'

Her mutual friend at work has informed me that work girl has a boyfriend in a long-term, COMMITTED relationship (not my capitalisation) and basically implied that I'm scum of the earth for even considering leaving my girlfriend and should never speak to either of them again. Wonderful. Take that whatever shred of optimism you had that this was going to work out in some way or another.

In retrospect, shouldn't have done squat for the moment. Goddamn rush of blood to the head. So probably not in a good place this afternoon.

Dunno what I'm gonna do. I want to end things with my current gf, but....**** it.

*** it, I'm going for a run. Clear my head. Out.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #239 on: July 21, 2010, 06:26:02 AM »
Goddamn rush of blood to the head.

It probably wasn't a rush to the 'upper' head....
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #240 on: July 21, 2010, 06:37:28 AM »

In retrospect, shouldn't have done squat for the moment.

Dunno what I'm gonna do. I want to end things with my current gf, but....**** it.

This is always the problem - people run one problem into another.

First thing IS to deal with your current girlfriend - if you are not happy then end it.
If you are just daydreaming about something better, and this is where 'other girl' has got in the way then get back to working on the current relationship.
I suspect you are not happy.

When that is done and dusted and a suitable time has elapsed, you are free to explore other options.

I am quite interested by 'mutual friend's' strong reaction -
a) Were you that unsubtle asking about the other girl's relationship status? (Typical Aussie male :engel: )
b) Did you come on too strong showing your interest in the other girl?
c) Why are you scum of the earth?

If other girl has been pretty friendly for 6 months - was there ever any flirting, any innuendo?

It is possible that 'mutual friend' reacted strongly, because:
1. She thinks other girl might actually be interested in you, and she is 'protecting' her.
2. She fancies you herself.

Sounds fascinating - Dr Midaski is intrigued.

Offline Johann Q Peasant

• Members
  • Cheese Burgher
« Reply #241 on: July 21, 2010, 07:17:20 AM »
... Cannon of doom and big time have made me a bit paranoid for my GI bill benefits....
Putting the "Off" in Off-topic.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #242 on: July 21, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »

In retrospect, shouldn't have done squat for the moment.

This is always the problem - people run one problem into another.

First thing IS to deal with your current girlfriend - if you are not happy then end it.
If you are just daydreaming about something better, and this is where 'other girl' has got in the way then get back to working on the current relationship.
I suspect you are not happy.

When that is done and dusted and a suitable time has elapsed, you are free to explore other options.

I am quite interested by 'mutual friend's' strong reaction -
a) Were you that unsubtle asking about the other girl's relationship status? (Typical Aussie male :engel: )
b) Did you come on too strong showing your interest in the other girl?
c) Why are you scum of the earth?

If other girl has been pretty friendly for 6 months - was there ever any flirting, any innuendo?

It is possible that 'mutual friend' reacted strongly, because:
1. She thinks other girl might actually be interested in you, and she is 'protecting' her.
2. She fancies you herself.

Sounds fascinating - Dr Midaski is intrigued.

Amazing how a hard run clears your head.

So Dr....

That's the current plan anyway. End things at least somewhat gracefully and see how things are looking on the other side. You're right - I'm running one issue into another, which has blown up in my face. It could actually be a good thing....at least this was handled somewhat quietly and the **** won't hit the fan at work - even if I am person non grata around reception.

Mutual friend's (should call her ex-mutual friend, as she quite bluntly informed me that I'm not to speak to her again. Period. End of story. Sexual harassment charges were implied kind of thing never again) reaction...

a) Probably ballsed this one, as I didn't even enquire about current relationship status
b) I wouldn't have said it was too strong - I was asking about the odds of accepting an invite for a drink - hell, might have even been *too* light-hearted.
c) Two parter - 1. Was dumb enough to ask this *before* ending things with current gf (who mutual friend knows about thanks to Facebook). 2. Work girl has a bf and how dare I even think about a taken girl.

And for the second one, strong neither. For 1., see c). For 2., mutual friend has a boyfriend

Your diagnosis Doc? I'm leaning on cutting my losses and dropping the whole thing. It'll suck short term....but live and learn right?
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #243 on: July 21, 2010, 07:53:43 AM »
I'm talking to a mutual friend of the work girl at work to find out if she actually has a boy friend (which interestingly has never come up. Damnit.)

I am not sure whether basing your decision on the question whether work girl has a boyfriend or not is the right thing to do.

First question should be: Do you feel at ease with your current girlfriend or not / can you imagine a happy long-term relationship with her or not?
If you do not feel at ease with her, it wouldn't be fair to waste your and her time anyway, irrespective of work girl being single or not.

:icon_rolleyes:

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2010, 08:01:02 AM »
Her mutual friend at work has informed me that work girl has a boyfriend in a long-term, COMMITTED relationship (not my capitalisation) and basically implied that I'm scum of the earth for even considering leaving my girlfriend and should never speak to either of them again.

I am also surprised by her strong reaction and wonder why she reacted that way.

Maybe she's in a similar situation with her boyfriend and tries to hold on to the relationship?

Maybe she's interested in you herself?

Maybe she knows more than you do and there are problems in the current relationship of 'work girl' and she is trying to protect her?

Whatever it is, listen to Dr Midaski - first thing is to deal with your current girlfriend (see my post of July 15).

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #245 on: July 21, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
Yes, you may say I told you so :p . It's very much applicable in this situation.

Her mutual friend at work has informed me that work girl has a boyfriend in a long-term, COMMITTED relationship (not my capitalisation) and basically implied that I'm scum of the earth for even considering leaving my girlfriend and should never speak to either of them again.

I am also surprised by her strong reaction and wonder why she reacted that way.

Maybe she's in a similar situation with her boyfriend and tries to hold on to the relationship? Not sure, not sure if I want to know

Maybe she's interested in you herself? Definitely not

Maybe she knows more than you do and there are problems in the current relationship of 'work girl' and she is trying to protect her? Interesting perspective. Might leave me with an opening to step back and see how things play out.

Whatever it is, listen to Dr Midaski - first thing is to deal with your current girlfriend (see my post of July 15).
That's next on the agenda. I'm not going to do anything this weekend - it's her Dad's birthday, and unnecessary drama (and there *will* be drama when this comes to pass) wouldn't be fair on him. Next week.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #246 on: July 21, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »
... Cannon of doom and big time have made me a bit paranoid for my GI bill benefits....

Don't be paranoid, it's an awesome benefit that you have earned and should take full advantage of. Just pay attention to it, and make sure that if you get more money than you expect, you don't spend it without first talking to your VA guy.

Despite the problems I have had I am still really glad to have the GI Bill. It's the only way I am able to afford to put myself through Seminary.

:biggriin:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2010, 12:04:04 AM »
Yeah, because the 30k from Mountain Dew was all spent on cocaine, right?
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2010, 01:42:47 AM »
Yeah, because the 30k from Mountain Dew was all spent on cocaine, right?

No, that went towards my wife's 50k in medical bills because she and the boy nearly both died.  :closed-eyes:
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:13 AM »
oouch. 

Random unhappy thought, (though it pales in comparsion to others here.)  Sh***y nite at work. 
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!