home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 537605 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #4550 on: August 14, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »
re-nationalising trains, yes please!!!

Showing your age - if you think the trains ran better nationalised - just imagine the tube strike chaos across the whole country, and the level of work enthusiasm and service from civil servant train employees ................................ you deluded young man.  :engel: 
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4551 on: August 15, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
re-nationalising trains, yes please!!!

Showing your age - if you think the trains ran better nationalised - just imagine the tube strike chaos across the whole country, and the level of work enthusiasm and service from civil servant train employees ................................ you deluded young man.  :engel:

Must've been a shock to see the wheel, huh Mid, let alone horseless carriages?
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #4552 on: August 15, 2015, 04:40:06 PM »
I'm just curious Midaski, do you ever get sick of the age jokes?

I mean, it must get pretty annoying after 3000 years.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4553 on: August 15, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »
I'm just curious Midaski, do you ever get sick of the age jokes?

What!

Have you ever heard any Hittite humour or Babylonian for that matter.

Even GP is like "Laugh out Loud" compared to their sense of humour ..............................

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4554 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
Privatising the trains was a total disaster, just like every tory policy ever.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4555 on: August 15, 2015, 06:35:21 PM »
Privatising the trains was a total disaster, just like every tory policy ever.

I think a civilization like in Starship Troopers should become a reality. Did you know that in the Netherlands, there is no actual minimum requirement for you to be allowed to enter the lower or upper houses? All that is really required is that you can convince others you should be allowed on the list so you can be eligible for a seat if your party acquires the required votes for a number of seats.

Do you have any idea what kind of MORONS we have? Well, obviously you do not. One of our former ministers is the target of an inquest aimed at proving he is part of a gigantic international pedophile ring, just like quite a few UK ministers were. Another one, the minister of defence of all people, is an upjumped secretary. The current minister of security and justice said he knows "people who died of using marijuana."
Our prime minister has stated this current cabinet is the best since WWII. Even though the government has done its best to bend over backwards to one of the worst presidents in American history, -here's looking at you Barry-, the aristocrats of the EU, as well as the savage muslims.

We should be following Australia in sending those floating fucks back to the shitholes they came from. If they were really THAT bad, they would not be toting their iphones and designer clothes. No, they would be bringing their families with them. But all they want is money. And our government is giving it to them. Free housing at the cost of others, namely our care for the elderly who get to sit in their soiled underwear for three days because there's no money for anybody to change them since that all went to "development aid" in countries that just sit on their ass because they know the white guilt of the left will send them free money anyway. But apparently to some that doesn't go fast enough so they decide to come to the source.

Hungary has the right of it. Build a big goddamn fence and let them go find their solace elsewhere.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4556 on: August 15, 2015, 07:34:01 PM »
All the Policies of politicians are a disasters, they have no idea of the real world. Bring back the athenian system of randomly electing members of the populous for limited terms. Then you get good and bad evenly, or a least randomly, and with no legacy, limited opportunity for corruption.

Work hard and be nice to people. If everyone did those two simple things everyone would be sorted. Look at Bill and Ted, be excellent to each other, bring the planets into alignment!
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #4557 on: August 15, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »
Would be interesting to see how sortition worked in practice. Either way, I think career politicians are a problem.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4558 on: August 15, 2015, 09:20:27 PM »
Would be interesting to see how sortition worked in practice. Either way, I think career politicians are a problem.

You have no idea. Most of the idiots in either house are just in it for a job in the EU corporate machine, shoveling as much money as they can to Greece and speaking what they think the EU overlords want to hear, after their national careers are "done".
Did you know that the origins of the EU are nazi in origin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV-6pHdUpfk

It's no surprise that a lot of the early men in the EEC were ex-nazis. But not hardcore. Just hard enough to be included in the job carousel, but not hard enough not to rat anybody out in the event of capture.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #4559 on: August 15, 2015, 10:15:43 PM »
Did you know that the origins of the EU are nazi in origin?

Offline patsy02

• Members
« Reply #4560 on: August 16, 2015, 02:09:19 PM »
Did you know that Hollande and Merkel are literally hitler?

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4561 on: August 16, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »
I'm not joking.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #4562 on: August 16, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »
So in one post you proclaim your love for the political system from "Starship Troopers" - often regarded to be the only serious book by any respectable author to endorse fascism - and in the next you complain about the EU being "nazi in origin"?

Even if that complaint was correct, which it is emphatically not, I see some contradiction right there.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4563 on: August 16, 2015, 07:09:54 PM »

Work hard and be nice to people. If everyone did those two simple things everyone would be sorted. Look at Bill and Ted, be excellent to each other, bring the planets into alignment!
are you mellowing in your old age fr1day?!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #4564 on: August 16, 2015, 08:53:13 PM »
Probably.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4565 on: August 17, 2015, 07:04:21 AM »
So in one post you proclaim your love for the political system from "Starship Troopers" - often regarded to be the only serious book by any respectable author to endorse fascism - and in the next you complain about the EU being "nazi in origin"?

Even if that complaint was correct, which it is emphatically not, I see some contradiction right there.

Well, I think corporeal punishment would work better than incarceration, like it's said in the book. That's one.

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #4566 on: August 17, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
We should be following Australia in sending those floating fucks back to the shitholes they came from. If they were really THAT bad, they would not be toting their iphones and designer clothes. No, they would be bringing their families with them. But all they want is money. And our government is giving it to them. Free housing at the cost of others, namely our care for the elderly who get to sit in their soiled underwear for three days because there's no money for anybody to change them since that all went to "development aid" in countries that just sit on their ass because they know the white guilt of the left will send them free money anyway. But apparently to some that doesn't go fast enough so they decide to come to the source.

Hungary has the right of it. Build a big goddamn fence and let them go find their solace elsewhere.

You may be the most incredible asshole I've read in a long while in a civilized environment (provided that diatribe is aimed at actual refugees and not economic migrants, which is a different matter altogether. You don't seem to differentiate).

EDIT: I will actually elaborate a bit.
Most refugees arriving these days are from Syria. I don't think anyone could seriously deny that those are actual refugees. And lo and behold! Syria used to have a civilization. Meaning people had clothes and phones and whatnot. Now imagine the Netherlands suddenly had a civil war, and you had to leave in a hurry, fearing for your life. Right the fuck now. You can only take what you can carry. What do you grab? Probably some clothes, some money and your phone right? Because it would be nice to have a way to stay in touch with your family and people you love?
And now fast forward to you being in some refugee camp, after taking a trip that kills thousands every year (which might be why you didn't bring some of your family, because you were aiming to bring them after you via some safer route later), with literally nothing left except for your phone and your clothes. Everything else you ever had is gone. And then some twat roars at you that you can't be that badly off - after all you have a phone!

Seriously, do you actually think sometimes?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:44:53 AM by Aldaris »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4567 on: August 17, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »
EU countries give on average 0.42% of GNI as foreign aid.

Pass the machete.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4568 on: August 17, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
are you mellowing in your old age fr1day?!

It's not happening to me ....................  :engel:

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4569 on: August 17, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »
There's only one real reply here:

In all seriousness, let's pick apart your reply.

You may be the most incredible asshole I've read in a long while in a civilized environment (provided that diatribe is aimed at actual refugees and not economic migrants, which is a different matter altogether. You don't seem to differentiate).

Perhaps I should have separated the two. I will in a bit.

Most refugees arriving these days are from Syria. I don't think anyone could seriously deny that those are actual refugees. And lo and behold! Syria used to have a civilization. Meaning people had clothes and phones and whatnot.

So everybody has and brought a satellite phone?

Now imagine the Netherlands suddenly had a civil war, and you had to leave in a hurry, fearing for your life. Right the fuck now. You can only take what you can carry. What do you grab? Probably some clothes, some money and your phone right? Because it would be nice to have a way to stay in touch with your family and people you love?

Sure. Clothes, money. But why a phone. Because I am totally banking on the fact that my network somehow exists on another continent. If it's really so bad, why not take your family with you? Why chance them dying to the conflict you're running from while you make your way to safety? That does not make sense. And you know what I would not do? Run to a country where nobody speaks your language. Which is part of my protest. Why don't the region's other countries help? No culture shock, smaller language barrier, easier to get home or get your family (if you left them there for some daft reason). It must be because they are such vast friends with their neighbors, who usually don't even lift a finger. No, they'd rather go to FREE 36 QUID A WEEK England or FREE DISHWASHER Netherlands.

And now fast forward to you being in some refugee camp, after taking a trip that kills thousands every year (which might be why you didn't bring some of your family, because you were aiming to bring them after you via some safer route later),

Again, it does not make sense.

Everything else you ever had is gone. And then some twat roars at you that you can't be that badly off - after all you have a phone!

If you prioritize your phone over your family, YOU are the twat.

Seriously, do you actually think sometimes?

I tend not to, not when beligerent twonks like you are about.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4570 on: August 17, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »
It is highly amusing you suggest Syrian refugees to flee to nearby countries. Have you missed the shitstorm that is the middle east as of late?

You're making an argument about economic migrants, and I still disagree with you although at least there can be a discussion.
Talking about refugees, in the manner you do, is quite simply wrong.

btw, the cost of benefit fraud in the uk is just under £1.6 billion in total; less than 1% of the overall benefits and tax credits expenditure and less than benefits underpaid and overpaid due to error.
The cost of corporations not paying their tax properly in the uk is £34 billion

let's keep the ad hominem's out of this, k?

Pass the machete.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #4571 on: August 17, 2015, 03:01:31 PM »
It is highly amusing you suggest Syrian refugees to flee to nearby countries. Have you missed the shitstorm that is the middle east as of late?

There's one small country where people of all creeds are welcome as long as they behave themselves. Oddly enough that is only democracy in the entire region. And not one where a certain ideology masking as a religion is holding sway. You'd almost think there's a connection between the amount of peace and the ideology of the people in charge...

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #4572 on: August 17, 2015, 03:12:44 PM »

Not to mention... a lot of them do? Turkey currently hosts almost 2 million Syrian refugees. Lebanon, a piss poor country with a population of not even 6 million, hosts almost 1,2 million... That's already over 3/4 of the more than 4 million Syrians who have fled the country so far. A tiny minority make it to Europe, and according to every single European nations constitutions, they have a right to, because they are refugees. And people like Syphon STILL manage to complain about the incredible hardships that imposes on them, personally. Someone who complains about welfare leeches while in the same thread stating he can't be seriously bothered to look for a new job because being nice to people would be too much effort.

You're making an argument about economic migrants, and I still disagree with you although at least there can be a discussion.
Talking about refugees, in the manner you do, is quite simply wrong.

QFT.

let's keep the ad hominem's out of this, k?

In a time when racist and xenophobic crimerates are exploding and refugee homes are burnt down (so far only empty, designated ones, thankfully) I think it is important to adress this kind of talk.

Syphon, as to the personal fates, motivations and details behind peoples escapes from those regions - you could actually find out. Easily. By reading up on the subject, talking to people, any number of things. My best friend does a lot of voluntary work with refugees, and hearing those stories first hand is genuinely crushing a lot of the time. Or you could just continue picking on people who are more downtrodden than you will hopefully ever know, in ignorance.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4573 on: August 17, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »
the extra trouble being swirled up at the moment is being caused precisely by the people NOT in charge.

Pass the machete.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #4574 on: August 17, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »

Pass the machete.