home

Author Topic: Mordhiem Mercenary Marksman Options  (Read 1577 times)

Offline KTG17

• Members
Mordhiem Mercenary Marksman Options
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »
Hi,

I am literally scrounging for parts to make 3 starter Warbands from what came in the starter set, leftover militia and other empire bits I’ve accumulated over the past year. I want to make a Reikland, Middleheim, and Marienburg. I don’t know anything about these cities except what is described in the rulebook. I have enough parts to issue either Handguns, Bows, or Crossbows to the Marksmen of each, which I don’t mind since it would help give each character. The problem assign what to who. I thought the Reikland would get the handguns since they are described as militaristic, and nothing screams military more than handguns. But then the Marienburgs are the ones with deep pockets and might be able to afford the more exotic weapons. However, their average warriors are described as essential dock thugs and it seems a little bit of a stretch that their warriors would be the ones to have handguns while the others didn’t. That being said I was leaning towards crossbows for them since they are supposed to be the weapon that took the least amount of training to use.

I am also stuck on Middleheim. I get the beefy warriors with warhammers but haven’t seen a single Middleheim Marksman anywhere. What would their preference be? If I gave the Handguns to Reikland, the crossbows to Marienburg, then Middleheim would get the bows by default.

Do these seem like reasonable pairings?

Offline KindledAshe

• Members
Re: Mordhiem Mercenary Marksman Options
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 07:20:36 AM »
I like the thought of how you would hand them out. I can see a Middenheimer with a big bushy beard, muscles flexing as he readies his bow to shoot. Marienburg having crossbows makes sense too, them being a major naval trade point iirc, so having their marksmen with weapons that can get nullified if wet would be dumb. And Reikland yea, they just give me the image of lines of handgunners firing and rotating out with the lines behind while reloading the most if those three cities, so I'd probs give the Reiklander the handgun too!  :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Mordhiem Mercenary Marksman Options
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 12:14:21 AM »
I'd give crossbows to Middenheim, bows to Reikland, handguns to Marienburg.

Although, there could be actual army lists around somewhere regarding these Mordheim bands, and so perhaps those could be god to use.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra