home

Author Topic: A smaller Talabecland  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Borka

• Members
A smaller Talabecland
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:55:03 PM »
Hi everyone!

Gonna do a paintblog for my empire army. I have stayed clear of fantasy the last couple of years since GW started doing the end times and then age of stupid.
I've been playing warhammer total war a bit the last few months and have got a strong urge to get back into the old world. I have basically only played epic the last four or five years and I have really started to like the smaller grander scales. And, like you probably know, the great thing is that GW have a game they've abandoned in the smaller scales so it's still firmly in the old world  :smile2:

So this will be my Warmaster Empire thread. It's a great game from a tactical point of view from what I've heard, but very different from warhammer (former and current). I have only played one game and that was several years ago. I enjoyed that game, so am looking forward to playing again.

I've just finished the first base for the first unit of halberdiers.

It's a Talabecland force as you can see by the colors. I read up on the different provinces in the sigmars heir book. I found Talabecland to bo an interesting province being in the middle of the empire. It's easy to come up with scenarios or reason for fighting most enemies. I've removed the majority of the feathers except from the front rank. It's a province of practical woodsmen, so it didn't seem fitting.
Fashion is for silly reiklanders  :happy:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: A smaller Talabecland
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 02:04:08 PM »
I like 'em! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Borka

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 02:10:03 PM »
Glad to hear it!  :smile2:

Our good camera and the macroobjective is broken. So the pictures are taken with my phone camera. Close ups don't really do miniatures at smaller scales justice. And they actually look better from some distance.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
Great to see Warmaster, and those are some very nicely paint minis!

Makes me want to start painting my Warmaster Empire too. Hoarded some back when GW withdrew them. :)

Close ups don't really do miniatures at smaller scales justice. And they actually look better from some distance.

How much better they will look when you have several ranked-up units ready!  :wink:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Online Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 12:34:04 AM »
They are beautiful.

I actually cannot remember the last time I saw some warmaster or smaller than 28mm scale models on the W-E boards. Great to see!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
Wow it's a first Warmaster post that I saw on this site. Glorious! :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Borka

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 07:30:45 AM »
A bit of progress. The halberdiers are now finished. So thats the first unit done  :happy:

I have more painting time than usual being on parental leave, but still it's not a lot of time with 4 kids and all. So this will be a slow train coming.
Anyways here's the unit:

Offline Rogers Kul

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 07:51:46 AM »
Wow! great job here!  :eusa_clap:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »
It is impressive seeing them completed and standing together like that.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »
 Reallly nice! I like the yellow as well. With 4 kids, that you can find any time is great 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Borka

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
Thanks guys! Nice to hear   :-)
I'm a bit rusty, hadn't painted since last christmas.

Next up is a unit of crossbows and a cannon battery (2 pieces). I should be a bit faster since there's only 8 men per base.