home

Author Topic: Your Mom's Army-- Gamezone Miniatures  (Read 62161 times)

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army (Update 3-28)
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
I like the Alcatani, Pizarros, and Bretonnians. :icon_cool:

Yeah i'm really happy with how those turned out, except for the basing on the Bretonnians.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 12:53:43 PM by Your Mother »
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army (Now with musician+banner)
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
Just an update. The banner says "the die is cast" in Latin. C&C appreciated.

Love, Your Mother

Musician

Banner
I like cheese.            My Army Blog: http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=21327.0

Offline steveb

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army (Update 5/2/08)
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 02:31:51 AM »
Looking better all the time, I assume that your hand is better now, what happened? Glad to see that you are back at it.  Don't neglect your  homework and school, high marks equate to a better job which means more money which means you can buy more of the stuff you want.  Keep up the good work and practice practice practice. steveb

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 07:31:37 AM »
Nice work! I like it. Nw, do you also know when Caesar spoke thoe famous words?
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
Those handgunners are absolutely marvellous - I love 'em. And the standard bearer is most excellent.

I must say, I should make more of an effort with my bases. I have thousands of figures on the same style simple green flocked base, as I thought over-doing bases made a figure look too 'busy'. But your bases look good so a bit of fancy basing can work!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline HistoryBuff08

• Members
  • Capitan of the Estalian Tercio
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 12:10:59 PM »
@ obi: Caesar said that phrase when crossing the Rubicon in 49 BCE, thus igniting Civil War in the Roman Republic. Sorry, I have a soft spot for ancient history, and the question was calling my name...:p
Check out my Army Blog in the Brush and Pallette!

Podhammer: what real Nerds use their iPod for.

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 12:37:43 PM »
correct.

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Looking better all the time, I assume that your hand is better now, what happened? Glad to see that you are back at it.  Don't neglect your  homework and school, high marks equate to a better job which means more money which means you can buy more of the stuff you want.  Keep up the good work and practice practice practice. steveb
Its kind of long story with what happened to my hand, but i got a fairly deep puncture wound between my ring finger and my pinky. I keep my grades up and I only paint on the weekends.

I must say, I should make more of an effort with my bases. I have thousands of figures on the same style simple green flocked base, as I thought over-doing bases made a figure look too 'busy'. But your bases look good so a bit of fancy basing can work!
Thanks I kind of hate adding the dead grass I used to my bases its very tedious.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army(update 5/28)
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 12:32:08 AM »
Well I thought i would do a small update. The first mini I will show I suppose is a conversion. I found the Bret Knight body and shield on the floor at my GW so I'd figure to make a mini. The halberd is from militia box.I made him into a Bret spearmen/halberdier, what I like about him is he'll help make my Brets fit in a little better. Afterall hes got the pants. I always wanted to think as that unit as a bunch of levied troops who couldn't afford good weapons.

The other pics I have shown you guys earlier but since they are examples of my better work and some of my favorite units I have ,I thought I should show them  properly. :happy: They are now magnetized too except for the Alcatani. :happy: I'd appreciate any tips you have.
                                                                                 Thanks

Guy

Spears

Alcatani

Pizzaro Unit #1

Pizzaro Unit #2
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:17:00 PM by Your Mother »

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2008, 12:54:57 AM »
Those pike units are lovely  8-)
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2008, 04:26:13 AM »
Love your take on the Alcatani!

sj

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 01:30:02 PM »
You're pikemen are awesome! But Mr. Fawkes looks nice too!

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »
You're pikemen are awesome! But Mr. Fawkes looks nice too!

Thanks, LOL Guy Fawkes thats a good idea for a mini. Could make him standing on a bunch of powder kegs or something. Past my time period though.

Offline Your Mother

• Members
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
Well time for a small update. To start off, late last month I got back from my vacation to Sicily and this is the first project I've completed since I got back. Its a metal cannon that I had lying on my desk collecting dust. It had a spring that let you shoot things out of it, but it broke so I decided to draft it into the Imperial army. I'm not very fond of the carriage, its too navalish for my taste. The decorations on the cannon come from the artillery sprue and the   6th ed. shield sprues. The paint didn't come out the way I wanted but I guess its decent enough.  Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Before                                                                                             After                                           

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:24:19 PM by Your Mother »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Your Moms Army( now with cannon)
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 09:54:48 PM »
DUde your mom got a nice army!  :happy:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »
My mom sure has a nice army ;)

caveat lector
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army( Update Aug 3)
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
Well I finally finished my spearmen off. :icon_razz: I was going to give more of an update but my camera died. I was thinking about taking a picture of the guys with the fancy uniforms from that unit because I'm really happy with how some of them turned out. Ill post a picture of a WIP unit filler. Let me know what you think. All suggestions are welcome.
                                                                                                              Thanks

Offline krom1415

• Members
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2008, 04:28:36 PM »
Cor, great painting on those, nothing like mass troops. Top job

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »
Crisp paint job and solid colour combo. These two make your army stand out. I really like your rendering of the yellow and more especially the metal parts  :mrgreen:
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
Re: Your Moms Army( Update Aug 3)
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »
You've made those unipose fellows look really mean... I don't know how you did it but I love it  :wink:
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Your Mother

• Members
Re: Your Moms Army( Update Aug 23)
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2008, 01:43:07 PM »

Well I got the camera working again. First the pics of the more flashy spearmen.

Now to the unit filler I promised. I couldnt take WIP pics but this should suffice. Anyhow I mad the basic stuff a Gamesday. Cut the ribbons and junk off the waist of the yellow/red guy. I sculpted the mail skirts on the yellow guy and the man on the ground. I also sculpted the baskplate on the yellow guy which I wasnt planning on doing but I had to cover up what was on his back. Really happy with how it turned out and lot of fun to paint. It didnt take me long at all to paint it up. I think i might wanna add a unit of the black/white/red guys since they were so fast to paint. :blush: Anyway before I get too off subject let me know what you think.
                                                                                                                                 Thanks

Offline krom1415

• Members
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »
Great unit filler, I like that a lot, and very nice metals too :smile2:

Offline Lord Equaton

• Members
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2008, 02:23:34 PM »
Amazing army, really nice color scheme :eusa_clap:

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
Now that is an especially cool colour scheme. I really like your painting and to me your army has a lot of character. Heck it looks like a medieval/renaissance Mediterranean army, like Aragonese or Sicilian (very near and also similar to the Armies of my home island of Malta at the time). Keep up the good work. PS: lovely GS work there   :eusa_clap:
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline DonKarst0n

• Members
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2008, 03:33:25 PM »
The unit filler is great!
I quickly thought about orks.  :happy:

"So my Talabeclander Freund we are all part of ze same Empire.
I suggest we treat each other wiz respect and..."
"Be quiet Ostlander scum. Feel my cold steel you bull lovin' idiot!"
Quote from: patsy02
Useless as they may be, the horses still need their knights for the extra armour save.