home

Author Topic: Super glue allergy  (Read 23643 times)

Offline orcyboy

• Members
Re: Super glue allergy
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 06:30:56 PM »
I didn't even know Italeri made glue.  When I did a google search on it the first three returns were about recalls.  Well that was back in 2009 so I'm sure its OK by now right...?

Offline Nexus

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
The Italeri "Non-toxic cement for plastics" works pretty well, I can safely say after using it for a while. It's really strong when it has set properly, which it does rather quickly between non-painted/primed plastic with somewhat large contact surfaces. Painted plastic takes longer but works ok in the end. I have started to use a little green stuff to keep problematic bits in place while the cement sets.

It's a lot cheaper than superglue. And best of all, of course, no running nose.  :::cheers:::

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
To fix your problem of painted parts, just scrape a little of the paint off from the surfaced to be glued together. Problem solved. No need to mess around with greenstuff, unless of course you need to fill gaps.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Nexus

• Members
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 10:28:46 PM »
I was rather talking about pieces with minimal contact surfaces. Like 6th ed Spearmen shields on knights. Hard to get it to stick without the green gold... But craping off the paint is of course a good idea in other instances. Hadn't thought of that for some reason other than simply being stoopid  :laugh:

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »
Bummer about the allergy.

I prefer super glue because I have a habit of popping off pieces to use on different models or i decide I want a new configuration of equipment.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline Wolfsgaum

• Members
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
green gold...

Oh dear. I hope you aren't wasting your money by buying green stuff from GW?

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:51 PM »
green gold...

Oh dear. I hope you aren't wasting your money by buying green stuff from GW?

On a side note, Has anyone tried the liquid green stuff yet?

On topic, the Plastic glue I use is Testors, I use both the orange tube and the (non-toxic) blue tube. Smells like lemons  :dry:
To answer the comment made earlier about the non-toxic one, I have an 11 month old daughter, so I'm definitely phasing out the orange tubes, at least till I can be assured she won't somehow find them and eat them.

*Wanders off on a tangent again*
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »
Why don't you just wear a face-mask, mate? And perhaps glasses/goggles. Any DIY shop.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Erkenbrand

• Members
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »
Why don't you just wear a face-mask, mate? And perhaps glasses/goggles. Any DIY shop.

How about a white lab-coat as well, then you can cackle manically as your army of doom takes shape.

IT'S ALIVE!  :icon_twisted: