home

Author Topic: Miniatures Comparisons - Please Post Here  (Read 212234 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Miniatures Comparisons - Please Post Here
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »
This is great stuff '023' - exactly what the thread is all about.

Many Thanks
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »
game zone figures look great when put on gw bases, the clear ones the come with are pretty flat.  There is a US supplier that I have bought from, he seems to carry the whole line, at least the Emperio figures.  it is FRP games, he does have a web site and you can buy on line, he is located out in california.  the game zone figures paint up veryyyyyyy nicely.  steveb

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:47 AM »
I've only seen the Gamezone figures online. I'd like to pick some up eventually. Some of them look great.

As far as the figures I posted, here's some links:

http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list.php?cat=5&sub=16&page=1

http://www.frontrank.com/medieval.html

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/index.asp

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/categories.asp?cat=184

The Crusader & Front Rank are from their Wars of the Roses lines, which are just slightly pre-landsknecht, but still go fairly well with the Empire figures, especially the "knights." (I happen to be pulling together figures to use for WotR and the Burgundian/Swiss wars historical gaming, so I'll have some overlap.)

The Foundry figures are from their Renaissance range. They have them split up kind of strangely, so poke around their site a bit. There's also Spanish figures, for those preferring that style. They also have a WotR range as well.

The Old Glory figures are from their Italian Wars range, but you can use the Swiss, and again, WoTR as well. OG figures are sometimes not quite up to the quality of some of the other figures, but most of the Italian Wars figures are really pretty good, paint up well, and are about 1/3 the price (at least here in the US.)

Offline offroadfury88

• Members
  • Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:43 AM »
you out of most of hte minis present, I like the GW ones the best, even above the Gamezone stuff. I do really like the foundry pikes though. I will be checking those guys out for my army.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Nix

• Members
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
Here is a comparison of some Zvezda plastic minis. Hope it will be useful.

Swordsmen comparison. Zvezda infantry can be also assembled as spearmen, halberdiers, archers and crossbowmen.

Cavalry comparison. Zvezda horsemen can be armed with lances, spears, several hand weapon options, bows and crossbows. There are light and heavy armored bodies.

Horse comparison. Barding and saddle are glued separately, so you can make barded or unbarded horse.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:24:36 PM by Nix »

Offline ekilday

• Members
  • Hi
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 05:10:36 PM »
The difference in horse sizes depends on weather or not they are a part of heavy cavalry the size of a Shire horse or light cavalry which is a smaller faster horse.
Edward Kilday
General of Sigmar

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 09:46:13 PM »
Don't know if anyone's posted or spotted this site before, but I just stumbled across it:

http://renaissanceminiatures.blogspot.com/

There's photos compating miniatures there.

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2008, 11:09:59 PM »
Ral Partha (on right) vs Citadel

actually the ral partha ranger has almost the same height when I put him on a base. But he still looks thin and tiny.
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Shadoweyed

• Members
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »
I was looking on the Orc Forum and ran into a guy that used Mini's from a company called West Wind. They are not too great with the human models, but they definitely have some good models specifically for 25mm to 28mm games.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=17659&st=15

-Shadoweyed

Offline Shinken

• Members
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:10 PM »
Could anyone post a comparison between Renegade miniatures and FOundry miniatures?

I would appreciate!

Thanks a lot!

Shinken
''There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun and those who dig. You dig.''

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 10:30:12 AM »
Those svezda knights/horses are hot.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Kriegspiel

• Members
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
Any one have comparison picks of the Gamezone Imperial General and Warrior Priest figures with GW knights ?

And do the sculpts and poses of these figures cause problems when placing them in units with other figures - the Generals cape and the WP " dying horse " sculpt .

Thanks

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 05:29:35 PM »
The front rank of pistoliers are Game zone and the back rank ar GW, they blend right in when ranked up with the GW stuff, not shown here but I switched some riders GW on GZ and GZ on GW and it works.  steveb

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 09:09:43 PM »
Could anyone post a comparison between Renegade miniatures and FOundry miniatures?

I don't have my camera right now, I will try to get some pics in the future. But comparing the Foundry landsknecht infantry I previously posted compared to the Renegade WWI French (those are the only Renegade figures I've got), the Renegade are a little larger than the Foundry.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 12:56:49 PM »

Here's a pair of Foundry Landsknechts compared to a pair of Renegade WWI Early War French (that's the only range of Renegade figures I have.)

Note that the Foundry are on taller plastic bases than the Renegade, but still look a little shorter. The rest of the proportions seem similar. The Renegade figure are slightly larger, but not to a huge degree. Both manufacturers have a fairly consistant (high) quality as well, in my opinion.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:24:31 PM by Midaski »

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 09:30:51 PM »
That's some nice minis you got there! I want some WW1 or even 'imperial' models... but I can't find any good ranges...

sj

Offline sambofred

• Members
New Miniature Comparisons -
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 05:58:48 AM »

The girl in the middle is a Shadow Forge mini - She looks tiny but she is in scale. The sculpt isnt bad either.

The Girl in the middle is a Dark Ages Warlord mini -
The sculpt is bad. Her legs should be shorter and the armour should make her bulkier - I have 9 of em that will soon find there way to the 'bay.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:24:58 PM by Midaski »

Offline Soju

• Members
Re: New Miniature Comparisons -
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 06:55:05 AM »
Why not add to the current thread?

sj

Offline imperialforge

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 08:10:44 AM »

sj

Indeed. Topics merged.
@sambofred: Please check the forum before double-posting. This thread already exists, so there was no need to make a "second" one.

Offline Soju

• Members
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 10:29:55 AM »
Thanks for the comparison with the Freebooter Minis (I know, they are quite expensive... lol) but they are definitely good models. What do you reckon the level of face sculpt for Freebooter Minis are? I always saw the paintjobs on the CMON stores, as some what ... featureless.

sj

Offline sambofred

• Members
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »

sj

Indeed. Topics merged.
@sambofred: Please check the forum before double-posting. This thread already exists, so there was no need to make a "second" one.

Wasnt sure if I could continue to add to the current thread. And, if I did, how many people would know that it was recently updated. Anyhow, kind of new to this 'forum' thing so I did what was easiest for me...which was a new thread  :smile2:

Offline sambofred

• Members
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »
Thanks for the comparison with the Freebooter Minis (I know, they are quite expensive... lol) but they are definitely good models. What do you reckon the level of face sculpt for Freebooter Minis are? I always saw the paintjobs on the CMON stores, as some what ... featureless.

sj
The face sculpts seem fine to me. Not as 'deep' maybe as a GW sculpt, but still a great mini. I ordered mine through
'thewarstore.com' - the pics on the site are what sold me on the mini's - the paint jobs are fantastic.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 11:50:49 PM »
Since I've put this elsewhere and it seems that all my old photos are screwed up now, I'll just post a link to the web page I've just started arranging to collect comparison shots:

http://023.110mb.com/

I've barely started this, though. So it's still small and a bit rough around the edges. I will do more ASAP. All the previously posted Empire, medieval & renaissance photos should be there though.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask, if not, apologies admins

But, has anyone any experience of Eureka Miniatures?

I am thinking of getting some sword and buckler men for various uses and wonderd how they rank up with other companies?

http://www.fighting15sshop.co.uk/100con02-swordsman-in-quilted-armour-1051-p.asp

(I originally looked at Wargames Foundry, but my word they are expensive these days!)
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
Its ok chaps, I have found some anecdotal information suggesting they are on a par with wargame foundry figures.

And besides, I have decided to buy some Vendel Border Reivers  :icon_lol:
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg