home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258141 times)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1450 on: October 23, 2020, 12:00:12 AM »
Of course.
I imagine it would be hard though, as for playtesters to do a thorough job, they would inevitably become quite competitive to get the best balance.
Not sure there is a right answer here.... even T9A struggles with this same thing I believe.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1451 on: November 01, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »
A new commerative model is coming soon, starting next week and being available to Christmas. It's the Age of Sigmar descendant of Bugman the dwarf. Travelling the new Worlds giving ale apparently.

Like his ancestors before him, Jakkob Bugmansson XI has followed his ancient sire’s noble calling as the foremost duardin Brewmaster – the Brewmaster-General, no less! Though some decry the validity of Jakkob’s heritage, it’s usually his rivals (who brew vastly inferior ale!).

Jakkob Bugmansson travels hither and thither across the lands, bestowing a flagon of his wondrous ale upon those who are deserving of its liquid magnificence. Whether he’s driven by benevolent desire or little more than glorified wanderlust, none can truly say. With a shoulder-mounted keg built into his armour, Jakkob will certainly have enough beer to last him a good while. Well… at least five minutes or so – he is a duardin, after all, so could get carried away at any moment!

I like the version without a helmet way better myself. I'm expecting price to be about 40 Canadian bucks, which is pricey but actually a commerative model I might pick up. I have some plans to maybe replace the big ass keg on his back, but I actually dont mind it to much. And he'll look nice beside the other Bugman models I have.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1452 on: November 01, 2020, 06:18:49 PM »
Another great Squat miniature but of the Age of Sigmar stuff only the Fireslayers look fantasy enough.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1453 on: November 01, 2020, 08:01:44 PM »
I will not be surprised to see some of these end of as Squat models.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1454 on: November 01, 2020, 08:58:45 PM »
I will not be surprised to see some of these end of as Squat models.

Well it is a pose perfect for some angry laspistol aiming
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1455 on: November 05, 2020, 01:27:45 AM »
Another great Squat miniature but of the Age of Sigmar stuff only the Fireslayers look fantasy enough.

See, I never really got the "Kharadron = Squat" thing. To my eye, Squats are dieselpunk and Kharadron are aetherpunk (not even true steampunk). Kharadron technology looks laughably antiquated by 40k standards. This dichotomy is made doubly clear when you compare a model like Jakob Bugmannson here to the recent, actual Squat models by Forge World:

In other news, we need to talk about Broken Realms! Following in the footsteps of the Realmgate Wars books and the Soul Wars supplements, this is apparently the next chapter and- like I predicted would happen years ago, when there were NO aelves in AOS- it deals with the aelves war with Slaanesh.

In this first chapter, Morathi- who, upon the release of Daughters of Khaine, was only a demi-god and not an actual god like Tyrion, Teclis and her son Malerion - is apparently making a play for true godhood (and may get it- the table of contents teases a "Morathi-Khaine"...)

You can read the full article here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/02/broken-realms-rise-of-the-shadow-queen/

And visit the website here:
https://ageofsigmar.com/broken-realms/

IMO we may be on track to finally get proper Mortals of Slaanesh, which were largely missing from the Hedonites book, as evidenced by the new Direchasm models:

Alex

you know you can just play 8th, right?

Quote from: Midaski
You think he would tell Zak and not his staff?
Even (Grutch) is not that insensitive

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1456 on: November 05, 2020, 04:39:52 AM »
I'm looking forward to the next story step. I've been waiting for some more elven attention, and it'll be neat to see Morathi go to war with the Slanny followers.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1457 on: November 09, 2020, 11:50:09 PM »
I wasn't able to get into my Games Workshop location to pre-order Broken Realms because I was self-isolating after a possible Coronavirus exposure, but I expect to pick it up in the next couple of weeks regardless.

Interestingly, from what we've seen thus far, it appears that Morathi overthrows and annexes Anvilgard. That would be like if she overthrew, I don't know, Marienburg or something. Considering Anvilgard has rules in Cities of Sigmar and a Soulbound supplement by Cubicle 7, this just goes to show how far GW will go with their advancing timeline.

Alex

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1458 on: November 10, 2020, 01:27:30 AM »
I am very interested (and in a good way) to see how GW is willing to totally change up the plot and setting with stories like this. I dont think I'll get Morathi, but I likely will pick up any duardin based one.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1459 on: November 16, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »
The new Christmas special Battleforce have been announced. Price hasn't been yet, but estimates seem to be between $170-200.

[imghttps://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Mt8CBbY7qa4AQLGT.jpg[/img]http://

The Orc and Ogre ones look good for fantasy as well. You'd just need to swap out some square bases and your good to go.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1460 on: November 17, 2020, 07:25:43 AM »
Probably something stupid like $400 AUD.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1461 on: November 19, 2020, 10:06:05 PM »
Although it varies by box, the Christmas bundles tend to be a good value for what's in them.

I just picked up my Broken Realms: Morathi book yesterday and have begun digging into it. I dare say it's one of the best, if not the best, supplement they've done to date, and I was a big fan of Forbidden Power and Wrath of the Everchosen.

Alex

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1462 on: November 19, 2020, 10:25:00 PM »
I’ve got more gloomspite than I can handle but I love them trolls 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1463 on: November 19, 2020, 11:19:19 PM »
Over the summer, I painted a set of 3 rockgut troggoths my wife bought me for my birthday last year. Absolutely beautiful models, love how they came out, would never, ever paint them again!

Alex

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1464 on: November 19, 2020, 11:23:25 PM »
Over the summer, I painted a set of 3 rockgut troggoths my wife bought me for my birthday last year. Absolutely beautiful models, love how they came out, would never, ever paint them again!

Alex

Wow! I imagine that blue white fade must be crazy. They are indeed beautiful models. Really like the dank hold as well
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1465 on: November 21, 2020, 01:34:01 AM »
Although it varies by box, the Christmas bundles tend to be a good value for what's in them.

Value and Australian dollar do not compute when it comes to GW’s prices for at least the past decade.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1466 on: November 21, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »
Next part of the expansion is coming soon. Sigvald the Magnificent is returning with a new look, and so is Slaanesh to some degree.

Of course, we couldn’t showcase such a magnificent character without also giving you a peek at some of the forces he’ll be commanding. First up are the Myrmidesh Painbringers. That’s not just a clever name, either – armed with wicked scimitars, this is a unit that will definitely be bringing the pain.

Then there are the Symbaresh Twinsouls. These are mortals who have forged dark pacts with the lesser daemons of Slaanesh, sharing their bodies in return for a measure of their power.

[img]

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1467 on: November 21, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »
Sorry, just not doing it for me.  It is so far out from the Warhammer I knew and loved, it is tough to even stomach.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1468 on: November 21, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
Its interesting that you say that GP because the warhammer fantasy discord I'm on is currently filling up with people talking about how perfectly they could fit as Warriors of Chaos Chosen, or as a Sigvald daemon prince. I was never really into chaos so they don't do it for me to start, but image wise I think they fit pretty well compared to some of the 8th edition chaos especially.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1469 on: November 21, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
Not my idea of Warriors of Chaos, but hey, different strokes for different folks.  These are Slaanish after all, correct?  And sorry, but perhaps ti is the horns on Sigvald that make it look so blah.  And the little shoe bootie style looks terrible.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #1470 on: November 21, 2020, 06:43:17 PM »
I agree strongly about the horns. What is with GW right now and cow horns? At least mix things up and pick some different styles. I AM curious if it would look better painted gold or something, but I can safely say its not a model I'm ever going to get.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1471 on: November 22, 2020, 03:13:17 AM »
They fit the AoS-aesthetic very well.

This is not a compliment.

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1472 on: November 22, 2020, 05:45:04 AM »
Real talk GP, they actually very much fit the classic Slaves to Darkness / Lost and the Damned aesthetic, as well as the later Adrian Smith stuff:

Personally, I love the direction they're going with the Hedonite mortals. Some of the shots tease more new models in the background, so I'm interested to see what else is in store. Re: Sigvald, I don't like the horns because they throw off the balance of the model- but really, if any model is going to have horns, they make the most sense on a Slaaneshi model given the Keeper of Secrets classic cow vibe.

Alex
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:50:44 AM by Old Stonebeard »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1473 on: November 22, 2020, 05:54:47 AM »

Offline Old Stonebeard

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1474 on: November 22, 2020, 06:23:19 AM »
... What?  :icon_confused:

Alex