home

Author Topic: What are you watching- TV shows  (Read 89574 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: What are you watching- TV shows
« Reply #625 on: April 29, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »
Has anyone seen the TV show that is shown in this video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9hFxE2GlmU
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #626 on: April 29, 2020, 06:15:24 PM »
I finally got around to watching Good Omens.  It was... disappointing.  Not bad as such, but Terry Pratchett's absence definitely showed.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #627 on: April 29, 2020, 08:28:51 PM »
I just watched Picard and The Witcher.  As a person who enjoyed the games and the books, The Witcher was terrific.  They nailed the casting.  The time hoping would have been super confusing for anyone who hadn't read the books though.  I liked that most of the episodes were focused around one of the short stories.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #628 on: April 30, 2020, 03:58:23 AM »
My wife and I started Tales From The Loop (Amazon original series) this week. I've been a big fan of the art/artist who inspired the series.

Unfortunately after three episodes, we're both done. They're all image, no substance. And even then there's like one or two "settings" of a month minute or less inspired by the art, but otherwise its irrelevant. Mostly irrelevant. There's one plot twist that they seem to fail to follow up on. We both found the show really boring, and the narcissistic central characters annoying and predictable.

So now we will be looking for our next fix.

In terms of children's shows, our daughter (8) got us all watching Kipo, Age of Wonderbeasts (Netflix original) which I'm completely on board with now and looking forward to a season 2.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #629 on: April 30, 2020, 08:12:52 AM »
I'm watching Chernobyl at the moment. And I must say, I really like it. It is a sad story, for sure, but I think they hit the nail on the head.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #630 on: April 30, 2020, 10:15:46 PM »
Finished "Gravity Falls" and it is phenomenal! Worth watching no matter how old you are. Honestly, certain episodes seem to be too scary for kids, especially near the end when an eldritch horror takes center stage. I wont spoil it but the premise is pretty cool. Twins Dipper and his sister Mabel are dropped off for the summer at their great uncle (Grunkle) Stan's tourist trap, The Mystery Shack, in Gravity Falls Oregon. While working at the Mystery Shack, Dipper comes across a secret journal detailing all the strange creatures and phenomena that occurs in Gravity Falls. Dipper's summer long quest is to find the person who wrote the journal, Mabel's is to make some great summer friends and to have a summer romance. The mystery twins fall into some crazy adventures that all lead to secrets to finding out what is happening in Gravity Falls and what happened to the author of the journal. It has everything, zombies, UFOs, ghosts, cryptids, mythical creatures, secret government coverups, the works! Totally check this out if you have Disney + (cough*cough*or*other*means*cough*cough).

Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #631 on: May 01, 2020, 01:04:09 AM »
I'm a big fan of gravity falls.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #632 on: May 01, 2020, 03:15:01 PM »
I'm watching Chernobyl at the moment. And I must say, I really like it. It is a sad story, for sure, but I think they hit the nail on the head.

Chernobyl was great. I picked up a HBO subscription last spring for Veep and then Game of Thrones. Chernobyl really made me fell better on paying for the second month after how bad the end of Game of Thrones was.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #633 on: May 03, 2020, 10:42:53 PM »
I'm enjoying Bosch.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
« Reply #634 on: May 04, 2020, 06:29:08 AM »

Chernobyl was great. I picked up a HBO subscription last spring for Veep and then Game of Thrones. Chernobyl really made me fell better on paying for the second month after how bad the end of Game of Thrones was.
I still haven't seen the last season, they lost me somewhere along the way. I hope I will find time in the holidays to finish those.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #635 on: July 28, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
Watching Snowpiercer on Netflix.

Normally Netflix series (or similar) have great ideas, but go down for lack of budget. Conflict is really artificial, and it just goes downhill really fast. Snowpiercer so far it has been pretty nice, and looking forward for the next big "issue".

Jennifer Connelly will always been great to watch both her acting and her looks.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 11:42:51 AM by Realjuan »
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Brady100

• Members
« Reply #636 on: July 28, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
Currently, i'm watching How to sell drugs online. But i just finished snowpiecer which was a great tv show. And i advise everyone to watch The boys or to read the comics. One of the best i've ever seen. So much joy on tv nowadays ^^
If you want a random name for warhammer games https://www.generateur-de-pseudo.fr

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #637 on: August 09, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »
So we have been binging Smallville during lockdown. We never watched it when it was on, but always liked that version of Lex Luthor. The first few seasons really followed the same style as Buffy, but later on you can see where they were heading and how they now created the Arrowversw off the back of it.

Also, we just finished Suits and starting season 2 of Umbrella Academy.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
« Reply #638 on: August 10, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »
I started something from Transformers on Netflix. And animated series and I must say, I like it.
While painting, I also watched: Fastest Car and From Rust to Richest.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #639 on: August 13, 2020, 02:45:51 AM »
I just finished the first season of Letterkenny on Hulu. Its pretty good. Like a modern day King of the Hill but in Canada with 20 somethings that live on a farm. Its pretty much not intended to have kids in the room. Lot of risque language and situations. I would also suggest watching with subtitles. They talk rather fast. Theres different factions in Letterkenny, the Hicks, the Skids, Hockey Players, and Natives. They all have interesting interactions and intersecting stories.

Here's a clip to get an idea of the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5SJrSIbeE
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 02:59:50 AM by Feanor Fire Heart »
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #640 on: August 13, 2020, 02:12:31 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Letterkenny. Coming from a small town, so much of the show is surprisingly accurate. I know people that nearly match with almost every character.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2020, 01:24:38 AM »
Almost finished Umbrella Academy.
Gee its easy to binge.

Always want more than 10 episodes, but don't want to sacrifice on storytelling or anything so it is what it is.

Who doesn't love Five or Klaus. Best characters hands down.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2020, 12:03:37 AM »
I watched season 1 of Umbrella Academy and liked a lot of it, but wasn't super happy with the ending. But I've been told by a lot of people that Season 2 is WAY better, and fixes a lot of the issues I had with season 1.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #643 on: August 21, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »
Just started The Witcher. Watched the first 4 episodes this week. It's OK so far.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #644 on: August 21, 2020, 02:28:42 PM »
My wife and I quite enjoyed it. Its like a grimdark version of Kevin Sorbo's Hercules or Lucy Lawless' Xena. I think we enjoyed the humor and mystery (having never read the books or played the games before) more so than the overall plot. The plot seemed to be more of a set up for season 2 than anything to stand on its own by introducing everyone and their back stories as well as getting them all together.
― Jake the Dog

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #645 on: August 21, 2020, 10:46:31 PM »
My wife started watching it, then got me to watch (started back at the beginning.) Neither of us read the books or played the games.

Seems a bit Elric of Melniboné meets The Man With No Name. I just started reading the first Black Company book and I also couldn't help finding a few minor similarities to what I've read so far. But Ive barely scratched the surface of either that book/series or the Witched yet.

Like I said, so far it's OK. Not great, but I definitely want to keep watching.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #646 on: August 22, 2020, 01:23:46 AM »
I enjoyed the Witcher. Not the best show ever, but still a pretty solid action fantasy. Plus I quite like Henry Cavill, its a shame Man From Uncle didn't do better.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #647 on: August 23, 2020, 12:09:26 AM »
Can't wait to see what's up with these MILFguard people.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #648 on: August 23, 2020, 02:23:15 AM »
What episode are you on? I don't want to say a spoiler but just curious.  :engel:

― Jake the Dog

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #649 on: August 23, 2020, 02:56:45 AM »
I'm watching third season of Outlander.  Better than second season, the screen writing as progressed.  I enjoyed the initial half of 1st season, but 2nd half of 1st season was not good, had to push through some of the episodes, quite poorly written in places.  The screen writing improved for the second season, thank goodnesss.  The third season has had ok with episodes 1 & 2, while 3 thru 5 have been quite good.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra